WonderBrazier Aug 2017 promo

124»

Comments

• I got lessons a few days ago and there was a membership bonus added. It doesn't say anywhere, but it applies when they get added to your account.
  • edited August 2017
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up @Sylphas . Do you know what the percentage was?
  • Chirbi said:
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up @Sylphas . Do you know what the percentage was?
    It's 10 percent!

• Oh that is interesting, I did not know that existed.

@Estarra It may be a super good idea to put that in the membership/lesson selling pages because that makes it much more attractive to buy.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I'm a little confused as to the purpose of this 'engulf' feature.

Looking over it, the offering value is -vastly- decreased then what the mob would be worth by simply offering the corpse:

2017/08/10 07:56:51 - +1599 essence from the corpse of an adolescent roc by Aeldra.
    2017/08/10 07:57:12 - +906 essence from the Dragon's Aureate Brazier of Spectacular Transformation by Aeldra.

Same mob ( some poor, unfortunate test subject eh I mean roc ), once offered through engulf on an empty brazier and once offered directly.

Unless the purpose is to allow people with no influence skill / desire to use soulfire, am not sure what the purpose of this feature is :(

and I get that some things were overpowered / needed to be changed, but as someone who assembled the thing when it was announced ( mainly because hey no more hours burning at figurine leveling ), I feel slowly very saddened by the amount of changes this thing has received since release, including having to rebuy my arti tinderbox ( it's really minor, just it feels bad having bought a product so in flux, I get the reasons, it's better then -not- addressing them, but that doesn't improve the general feeling this is starting to give me )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:

Looking over it, the offering value is -vastly- decreased then what the mob would be worth by simply offering the corpse:

2017/08/10 07:56:51 - +1599 essence from the corpse of an adolescent roc by Aeldra.
    2017/08/10 07:57:12 - +906 essence from the Dragon's Aureate Brazier of Spectacular Transformation by Aeldra.

Same mob ( some poor, unfortunate test subject eh I mean roc ), once offered through engulf on an empty brazier and once offered directly.

Unless the purpose is to allow people with no influence skill / desire to use soulfire, am not sure what the purpose of this feature is :(

and I get that some things were overpowered / needed to be changed, but as someone who assembled the thing when it was announced ( mainly because hey no more hours burning at figurine leveling ), I feel slowly very saddened by the amount of changes this thing has received since release, including having to rebuy my arti tinderbox ( it's really minor, just it feels bad having bought a product so in flux, I get the reasons, it's better then -not- addressing them, but that doesn't improve the general feeling this is starting to give me )
    The 0.25 conversion on corpses was discussed on envoys to make it even with esteem at a base level with the level 40/miniaturisation thing at level 15. If I screwed up the math, that's probably a bug and I'll tweak that a bit later on.

As for keeping it as a tinderbox innately, I kind of thought I had... I didn't actually remove it from the light verb, it was just going to be an innate thing (because people seemed to hate the idea of a 100cr tinderbox). Looks like I coded that a bit weird though, so I'll fix that up today.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Ianir said:
    Aeldra said:

The 0.25 conversion on corpses was discussed on envoys to make it even with esteem at a base level with the level 40/miniaturisation thing at level 15. If I screwed up the math, that's probably a bug and I'll tweak that a bit later on.

As for keeping it as a tinderbox innately, I kind of thought I had... I didn't actually remove it from the light verb, it was just going to be an innate thing (because people seemed to hate the idea of a 100cr tinderbox). Looks like I coded that a bit weird though, so I'll fix that up today.
    yeah, as above the math seems a bit off, as I get roughly 60% more when using direct offerings. As it currently is, I get a lot less if I engulf the corpse then when I offer it directly, which seems kind of useless.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yeah, our discussion was meant to keep them roughly equal at miniaturized / level 40 offering rates so that corpses wouldn't 1) Become worth oodles more once esteem bonuses were applied, and 2) So that people who do offer corpses aren't feeling like corpse offering is now completely worthless.

That's the intent, at least.  I'm sure the math can be tweaked to get things closer.
    Xenthos said:
    Yeah, our discussion was meant to keep them roughly equal at miniaturized / level 40 offering rates so that corpses wouldn't 1) Become worth oodles more once esteem bonuses were applied, and 2) So that people who do offer corpses aren't feeling like corpse offering is now completely worthless.

That's the intent, at least.  I'm sure the math can be tweaked to get things closer.
    with it being roughly equivalent ( I wouldn't care about a minor loss ) I'd consider this ability useful and it wouldn't cut anyone off, it just transform corpses into esteem. with 60% offering loss applied ( as it it's now ), you might as well not have the ability, for the only use ( that I can see ) would be to fuel soulfire and you're 5 times faster just going influencing for that if you have influencing skill.
  • Xenthos said:

I think the problem is well documented here, but wanted to highlight the #1 above. Unless I misunderstand Xenthos, this might be part of the confusion. In testing, the esteem gained from engulfing a corpse is not affected by esteem bonuses. Fal and I tested the same creature with and without 100% esteem bonus and it engulfed for the same amount. So if the formula was shaded down assuming they would apply and then they didn't apply, one of those two things needs to change. Increase the base rate and leave esteem bonuses out, or make esteem bonuses apply.
    I think that confusion is my own terminology choice (which is appearing to be confusing here).  Basically, if you have a corpse that is worth 1000 essence, it should generate enough esteem to be worth roughly 1000 essence upon offering when level 40 and miniaturize bonuses are leveraged.  There was no discussion about buffing esteem based on other esteem-generation bonuses (which would be an even greater multiplier and skew things more).
    HELP WONDERBRAZIER has been added, but the Admin who wrote it appears to be unable to post to the forums so has asked us to convey it.  There is hope that it helps clarify some questions.
  • Why is Sparkles (level 3) and Fireworks (level 13) so high up for something that is just flavor ascii art? Do these skills have some sort of use outside of the art that I don't know about? I feel like these are just space fillers more than anything as you can get them both together for just 100db in the Sparkatron.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Why is Sparkles (level 3) and Fireworks (level 13) so high up for something that is just flavor ascii art? Do these skills have some sort of use outside of the art that I don't know about? I feel like these are just space fillers more than anything as you can get them both together for just 100db in the Sparkatron.
    You really do need to have speedbumps in wonderitems, otherwise it's just more ammunition for the PayToWin brigade to beat the Godmin over the head with. Equally, if the fluff is all /right/ at the bottom, it's a little bit of a dry finger to the many people that can't afford a top-tier wonderitem, and it's going to add to the already fairly high psychological barrier to investing at it at the low end. As is, I won't start a wonderitem unless I can put 10 gems into. #my2c.
  • Thing to note about the esteem corpse thing is even if the exchange rate is garbage (it isn't) it's still a useful thing to do.

You essentially turn corpses (a short term resource that can't in most cases be sold) into a long term stored resource that you can sell for gold. 
    Veyils said:
    Thing to note about the esteem corpse thing is even if the exchange rate is garbage (it isn't) it's still a useful thing to do.

You essentially turn corpses (a short term resource that can't in most cases be sold) into a long term stored resource that you can sell for gold. 
    yes, but why would you? I mean... that roc was worth 2 esteem. clearing the entire area of rocs would be what? 60 esteem? that's even on low quality mobs gathered in a 5th of the time using influencing. Sure you can create some borderline use for the ablility, but essentially it's not efficent to do for anyone who wishes to gather esteem, especially for selling, at least as far I can tell.
  • Because I bash for other reasons than esteem. I bash for power and then I have excess corpses.

So I'm gathering power and I can now use the extra corpses for gold. Win win for me.
  • As a note while this debate seems to be going on, I did adjust the formula like 2 or 3 changelogs ago.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Glamours folks can use ILLUSORYSELF to see how much health their mirror has left. It'd be nice if wonderbrazier folks had this command as well.
  • Veyils said:
    Glamours folks can use ILLUSORYSELF to see how much health their mirror has left. It'd be nice if wonderbrazier folks had this command as well.
    You should be able to, works this way for me currently. 

• Hmm weird working now, I was probally doing something dumb.