Month vs. Weave

Some things reset on the month. Some on the weave.

Is this dichotomy still useful? Could we choose one or the other as the Time When Stuff Happens? Why is this even a thing?

Much Love,
Versalean of Glomdoring

PS - I've got hiccups :( Any cures?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2017
    Imagine a door in a vast empty space, and a sourceless wind attempting to blow it open, and a giant gloved hand holding it shut with one finger.

No idea about hiccup cures though.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've always assumed this dichotomy was because of time zones, giving everyone the opportunity to be online for certain things. Like if full moon always happened at 3 am your time, you could never do Seren's epic quest, or whatever. But I agree it would be really nice to not have the two different things to keep track of.

Hiccups: drink a cup of water over the sink from the far side of the cup. You will feel ridiculous but it will work.
  • Kerith said:
    I've always assumed this dichotomy was because of time zones, giving everyone the opportunity to be online for certain things. Like if full moon always happened at 3 am your time, you could never do Seren's epic quest, or whatever. But I agree it would be really nice to not have the two different things to keep track of.

Hiccups: drink a cup of water over the sink from the far side of the cup. You will feel ridiculous but it will work.
    Cups have sides? O.o? 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Kerith said:
    I've always assumed this dichotomy was because of time zones, giving everyone the opportunity to be online for certain things. Like if full moon always happened at 3 am your time, you could never do Seren's epic quest, or whatever. But I agree it would be really nice to not have the two different things to keep track of.

Cups have sides? O.o? 
    Yes.

http://lifehacker.com/cure-the-hiccups-by-drinking-water-from-the-opposite-si-1786280344
  • Kerith said:

Okay, that's awesome, but then let's please get rid of weaves! :smiley:

PS - didn't read your post in time to cure my hiccups. Instead, I went up to bed and as I was getting in I hiccuped really loud, waking my wife up, and the look she gave me cured the hiccups.
  • Haha, well, I'm glad something worked! Now you know what to try next time.

The weave thing is a convenient way to refer to a RL day, since an IG month is actually 25 hours instead of 24. Iunno, I'm hoping godmins will come in here with a real answer. @Ianir
  • Things that reset on a weave usually have some form of analytics on them (they generate any gold, commodities, etc.) or have some OOC connotation in some way. Or are entirely progged vs hardcoded (as is the case with treasure maps), since we can hook off a 'new_rl_day' event in prog but have zero way to hook off in-game dates (yet) since this is not a standardised thing across IRE.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Things that reset on a weave usually have some form of analytics on them (they generate any gold, commodities, etc.) or have some OOC connotation in some way. Or are entirely progged vs hardcoded (as is the case with treasure maps), since we can hook off a 'new_rl_day' event in prog but have zero way to hook off in-game dates (yet) since this is not a standardised thing across IRE.
    Thanks. This makes a lot more sense. I still wish it could be synced up. :grin:
  • To be fair, this would over time allow for less genies/wondercorn/maps because an IG month seems to be slightly longer than a IRL day. That does change the whole phase of the moons bit, but makes those things slightly less valuable over time.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It doesn't "seem to be".  It actually is.  A month is 25 days (so ~25 hours).
  • I never quite understood the weave...what is the measure of a "weave"? -does the Dr. Evil quotes-
  • "Weave" is when real life GMT + 0 rolls around.
  • Which is probably why I stick to month
  • It's a mysterious regular time that the fates do fate stuff and because it is oddly synchronised with the typical waking times of adventurers it is utilised for organisation purposes as opposed to months which shift.