m&mf

Comments

• Veyils said:
    Just in case there is a balance issue have you tried manually reading the scroll to make sure the system knows you have balance?

If not are you getting any errors?
    That fixed it. Thank you!
    beep
  • another bug... mmf tries to spam apply regeneration for concussions.
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    another bug... mmf tries to spam apply regeneration for concussions.

@Yehn since it is a timed affliction so do this:
    mmignore concussion
    hope that helps!
  • edited August 2017
    NM. Sorted it. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • @Moi were you able to get m&mf to unpack and run on your computer? I figured out what I was doing wrong, and it's so humiliating I can't even post it unless it'll help someone else!
  • edited August 2017
    is there a way to make mmf ignore certain cures  (smoke and herb) instead of just afflictions?
  • Chirbi said:
    @Moi were you able to get m&mf to unpack and run on your computer? I figured out what I was doing wrong, and it's so humiliating I can't even post it unless it'll help someone else!
    I did not. I eventually gave up.
  • I'm having a problem with the Harvester.
    I'll enter a room, it harvests once and then stops, even after saying 'harvesting # blah in room', or it might not say that at all. Anyone know the trick to it?
  • m&mf isn't catching Wildewood defs very well and doesn't include Dreamweave Interpretation. What's the best way to help with that?

Also, I'm not sure why it stopped using my magictome for protection.
  • Anita said:
    I'm having a problem with the Harvester.
    I'll enter a room, it harvests once and then stops, even after saying 'harvesting # blah in room', or it might not say that at all. Anyone know the trick to it?

check ab herbs. It may think you dont know the right herbs.
  • edited August 2017
    Veyils said:
    Anita said:
    I'm having a problem with the Harvester.

check ab herbs. It may think you dont know the right herbs.
    I was doing that earlier, closed out mudlet and everything and was still getting the same problem. Logged off for a while and went back just now and everything works, without doing anything.. Highly temperamental xD
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

Sylphas said:
    m&mf isn't catching Wildewood defs very well and doesn't include Dreamweave Interpretation. What's the best way to help with that?

Also, I'm not sure why it stopped using my magictome for protection.

I wouldn't worry about chem/wood defs too much, you'll have to redo them manually anyway and they usually last 50 days, as m&m has no tracking for your essence stuff. Dreamweave interepretation is another one that's hard for m&m to handle, as you can get a whole set of different defs from it, though I suppose it's doable by creating five different defs.... still those are to be expected. I would suggest making your own little script that registers to the "m&m done defup" event and do stuff like interepretation there. That's what I've done at least.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I'm not actually worried about it putting them up, for the reasons you state, but more about DEF parsing. Interpretation isn't parsed by DEFS at all and the Wildewood defs are listed under m&m's checkboxes but not parsed. I'm pretty sure it used to handle that properly.
  • Is sap curing working appropriately, or is there something I should have done to make it work? MMF was trying to do everything but cure sap.
    Mrak said:
    Is sap curing working appropriately, or is there something I should have done to make it work? MMF was trying to do everything but cure sap.
    I think this is similar to any aeon issues that are currently about, but not sure. would you happen to have a log on what m&m was doing?
  • I foolishly didn't take a log at the time, but thanks for the thought.

I think I figured out what went wrong anyway - I didn't have mmconfig cleanse active. I dunno if I disabled it at some point or if it came out of the box that way and I just never changed it. In any case, I'm hoping that I won't be such an easy kill for the Hartstones next time  :D
    Mrak said:
    I foolishly didn't take a log at the time, but thanks for the thought.

I think I figured out what went wrong anyway - I didn't have mmconfig cleanse active. I dunno if I disabled it at some point or if it came out of the box that way and I just never changed it. In any case, I'm hoping that I won't be such an easy kill for the Hartstones next time  :D

I've found that some of the features have shortcut toggles I do occasionally run into. Accidently turning off my healing scroll has been a personal favorite. May be worth to double check whether there's some m&m aliases that are rather close to some you yourself use, muscle memory  can be terrible.
  • =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= BALANCE / EQUILIBRIUM =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= (3.526s)
    11300h, 7300m, 7300e, 2p Bexkbb<>-(rub nimbus)
    You rub a round escutcheon brooch and it begins to glow with a pulsating light.
    A nimbus of glittering motes blossoms around you.
    You are now protected by the cosmicnimbus defence.
    11300h, 7300m, 7300e, 2p Bxkbb<>-
    =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= BALANCE / EQUILIBRIUM =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= (2.042s)
    You are already surrounded with a cosmic nimbus.

Looks like m&mf isn't catching the defup line of nimbus?

• edited October 2017
    Sylphas said:
    =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= BALANCE / EQUILIBRIUM =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= (3.526s)
    A nimbus of glittering motes blossoms around you.
    You are now protected by the cosmicnimbus defence.
    11300h, 7300m, 7300e, 2p Bxkbb<>-
    =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= BALANCE / EQUILIBRIUM =-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-= (2.042s)
    You are already surrounded with a cosmic nimbus.

Looks like m&mf isn't catching the defup line of nimbus?

I've noticed the same thing with fire, frost, and gliding at the least. DEF/DF fixes it for defup purposes at least.

/edit, it catches the defup line of gliding, but it does not catch the 'you are already gliding' line if you had it up, and just keeps trying to put it up.
  • I have a question. I am terrible with writing in mudlet so far but I am trying. I want to set a timer to put up demesne effects and by looking through the codes and scripts I tried a few options but none have worked. They all pop the first command but never tick the timer.

I basically am at this but this is from frustration and already trying [[ ]]'s

(this is the body of the alias)

temptimer(0, (send("geocast poison demesne")))

temptimer(10, (send("geocast tremors demesne")))

temptimer(20, (send("geocast lodestone demesne")))

temptimer(30, (send("geocast stonerain demesne")))

temptimer(40, (send("geocast rockslide demesne")))

temptimer(50, (send("geocast sickening demesne")))

temptimer(60, (send("geocast duststorm demesne")))

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

• Just copy/paste the examples from the documentation: https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Introduction#Timers

tempTimer(0, [[send("geocast poison demesne")]])

tempTimer(10, [[send("geocast tremors demesne")]])

• Vadi2 said:
    Just copy/paste the examples from the documentation: https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Introduction#Timers

tempTimer(0, [[send("geocast poison demesne")]])

tempTimer(10, [[send("geocast tremors demesne")]])

Thanks I never found that page. Got it taken care of now.
  • Having trouble installing.  When I attempt to do so, it asks me to find the M&M folder, and I get this no matter what I choose: https://i.imgur.com/47EoJzJ.png

I'm certain this is user error and I'm just missing a very convenient readme of install instructions.

To install, I use the package manager, which usually just pops up that it's unpacking a package then disappears, but sometimes it works correctly.  I'm trying to install the ur'guard version.

I'm on mudlet 3.1.0 and I'll try updating right after I post this.

• Install the zip file itself.
  • edited October 2017
    Vadi2 said:
    Install the zip file itself.
    That's exactly what I'm doing... I think.  I download the zip, then try to install it with the package manager.  It either does nothing, or asks me to find the M&M folder, then provides those errors.

Edit: I've no idea why but I managed to get it to work.  I had to extract the contents of the zip into a folder, then install the zip, then select the folder where I'd extracted its bits when it asked me to find the M&M folder.  Alright.
  • https://justpaste.it/1cm31

Halp!  Why is my mmf addicted to purity Dust after I recover from being stunned?
  • what version are you on?
  • 46 is the one I downloaded from the site It was the most recent version
  • She's on the blacktalon version as well right?
  • oh, yes! did not think they were asking which Class version xD my bad