Project Quest

Comments

• edited August 2017
    I've been reminded about Dramube. Honestly, I feel like it would be fine to get the line after 1 try (and let the second round for the aether epic also be just a single bag).  
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Just one?  I was getting it done pretty quickly once I had the routine down (I did buy the silver shovel artifact for that quest, though).  If anything I'd think you'd want to poke the Facility end, the RNG on that was a killer for me.
  • edited August 2017
    I think completing it one time would put it in line time-wise with most other honours. 

Maybe you and I had reverse RNG luck with these two quests. I'd much rather redo Facility than do Dramube 7 more times. In fact, I'd rather redo Facility twice than do Dramube 7 times.

Edit: but yeah, sure, make Facility easier too. Both of them seem to require a lot of effort for their rewards, and the effort doesn't really seem meaningful.
    From my experience, doing Dramube 3x (with a silver shovel) would be about equivalent to many other honours, faster than a bunch of them.  A lot of its issue boils down to:
    1) Figuring how to do it efficiently, and
    2) Cooldown between attempts.

Basically for me, what I did was ran up and did quick runs of it while working through other longer bubble quests; it worked out as something I could pick off relatively quickly while waiting for things to reset.  Didn't work so well on the second run through given that you had to do it all in order, though, but even then I just would pop up / do it / pop down and idle a bit.

I'll agree that the reward for Facility especially really does seem eh.  I know a lot of people've complained about the Dramube end but I just never had the same frustration for some reason (except for that 1 puzzle that cannot be solved, I think the 3/4/5 triangle-- I hope that one has been murdered by now, I always had to intentionally crash the speeder when it rolled up).
  • They are frustrating because you can do everything right and the quest can just fail. It's really random 
    edited August 2017
    Well, if you do everything right it won't fail, but you need to know the tricks.  For example, you cannot use left/right turns together (or at least not when I was doing it, not sure if it was ever fixed).  Doing a left and a right would not have you facing straight again, which is why the three leg was impossible. 

I don't remember all the other little gotchas (like I seem to recall never ever finishing a leg with turns because that also messed it up, always went for the final move landing me right on the waypoint).  Further, I seem to recall that partial moves are also a no-go.

It has been a very long time, but Talan and I spent a long while working out the kinks when she was doing it.  Only time I ever failed on my two completions were the 3/4/5 triangle I had to intentionally crash.

Basically: treat it as a really dumb puzzle, you have to do things exactly to spec and can't try to "think ahead" to your next step.  Take it one leg at a time.

Edit: Facility, on the other hand, is an RNG nightmare.  No matter what you do the chance of failure is there.
  • You could actually just run out of correct turns.
  • Yea sometimes you just simply don't get enough right turns and even handing in all the discs again until they all crumble won't get you the needed turns.
  • I have a thing: the quest that involves Tyria r'Ekaf in the Blasted Lands. It's not a long quest, this is true, but it does involve having to hunt down all of the Blasted Lands animals, then influence her assistants, and then get 50+ pieces of dark essence (which, if you're not part of Magnagora, is quite difficult, and if you are part of Magnagora, can still be a bit difficult just because you're not staying on then Earth Plane and who knows who is out there).

You do get a pretty awesome piece of lore, it's lovely, and a buff (not unlike the Throne of Urlach) but ... and I was wondering this part ... you don't get any sort of honour line. I know there's no honour line for everything, although that would be awesome if there was because I like seeing a record of stuff like that, but this seems like something that could use one? Maybe. I dunno. I just know I felt a bit underwhelmed as I finished it. 50 pieces of essence could have gone into the Megalith, after all, and I diverted it for a quest, and while I appreciated the buff (and know next time to invite everyone to witness it), I kind of wish there was a little line.

Maybe it's just me.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited August 2017
    There's also one quest on the merian isles, I don't remember quite what it was about, a fairly recent one, helping a person in a hut with a research. It was also fairly lengthy ( really forget the details, but can go look if needed ) that also didn't give a honour line nor anything else substantial ( apart of some lore, I believe, lore's always good :) ).

Also I just remembered, I don't believe that there's any sort of tracking or easy recognition how to start the Mount Wend Orphanage quest.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    There's also one quest on the merian isles, I don't remember quite what it was about, a fairly recent one, helping a person in a hut with a research. It was also fairly lengthy ( really forget the details, but can go look if needed ) that also didn't give a honour line nor anything else substantial ( apart of some lore, I believe, lore's always good :) ).

It was to help Oblo Bllem try to extract gorgog memories. I'd definitely put it under the "enough time and effort to be worth an honours line" category.
  • re: aetherspace quests. We'll add those to our review in phase 3.

re: Jagrerox's prism - the quest is simply too short/easy to have an honour compared to other honour quests. However, both Gulla's and Crys' have honours when other Voice quests also don't (off the top of my head). This is something we'll look at in phase 3 because those quests are important for bardic classes at the very least and completing them is something you might desire to get an honour for. We will either make them a bit harder or just add an honour regardless. In either case, if we do add an honour, we'll retroactively give it to those who have completed those quests (aside from Gulla and Crys, only Jag has the quest in the system right now). 

re: Oblo. We also noticed that while cataloguing in phase 1 and decided to re-evaluate it at the end.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Does Rhapsody's Dove Quest and the Sundial Quest for Trialante have honours lines? I want to say the former is locked to bring a cantor because it requires the cantor emote to finish, and I've only seen the latter once.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Dionamus spire ( either side ) is iirc not tracked still ( couldn't find it at least ) and has no way / hook up anymore since the observatory got torched, so I'm not sure how you'd even get started if you wouldn't alreayd know how.
  • Aeldra said:
    Dionamus spire ( either side ) is iirc not tracked still ( couldn't find it at least ) and has no way / hook up anymore since the observatory got torched, so I'm not sure how you'd even get started if you wouldn't alreayd know how.
    QUESTS MOUNTDIO_DAMAGE and QUESTS MOUNTDIO_REPAIR
  • Both Dio quests got decent starting points added where before they had none (least decent enough without interfering with the intent of the area). You can check both quest blurbs for the givers. This has been done by my wonderful partner in crime on this project, the Ephemeral nicknamed Watson. 

For all new quests you can check QUESTS ALL or go by type (village, honour, etc) and the ones added most recently will always be at the very bottom. We'll only be posting a changelog once we have a handful to announce.

re: Rhapsody and Trialante, no other Voice quests besides Crys and Gulla give honours. Rhapsody's being locked behind an emote doesn't sound right considering how the others work.
    Aeldra does raise an interesting point: How does one get to Dio now without using artifacts (or relying on player-made-and-destroyable-paths-and-rifts)?
  • Balloon? That works still right? 

/knows literally nothing of these things
    Drocilla said:
    Balloon? That works still right? 

/knows literally nothing of these things
    The balloon works afaik, but does it go to Dio?  I thought it just did Lirangsha and a couple of other easier-to-get-to places.  Of course I have not really touched it since the release event since I have the Vernal curio set, but that is the recollection kicking around the back of my brain.
  • Well, this is awkward, looks like it doesn't, the dingbat balloon does. If artifacts and player gates are indeed the only way now then we will definitely address this. May take a bit depending on what path we choose. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited August 2017
    Drocilla said:
     Rhapsody's being locked behind an emote doesn't sound right considering how the others work.

I may actually be wrong about this (I haven't played Pesukaru in a long time), but I'm kinda thinking it required the emote to either get one of the doves for the statue, or finish the quest and see the visions from Rhapsody's Miracle of Doves. This might have been changed.

It should also be noted that it was one of the first "Bard Guild Quests", so things have changed since then. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2017
    You can not get to Dio without gates or artifacts.

The normal way was the teleporter in the Observatory which is now destroyed.

Edit: Seeing as the teleporter also was the way to Icewynd as far as I know, you might want to make a way there too while you are fixing the way to Dio.
  • Ayisdra said:
    You can not get to Dio without gates or artifacts.

The normal way was the teleporter in the Observatory which is now destroyed.

Edit: Seeing as the teleporter also was the way to Icewynd as far as I know, you might want to make a way there too while you are fixing the way to Dio.
    Minor thing: Since observatory was destroyed, what happened to the Astro curio collection power that would teleport you there? Does it still go anywhere?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    It now takes you to the entrance room.
  • Could the HUMANISTCONSTANCE quest be switched back to requiring chickens and marshwort instead of 24 loti spores? Or, alternatively, could HUMANISTELSA be set to be harder to do/require leaving Duum? There's currently a large imbalance in the difficulty/impact of the quests, where it's very easy to do the high negative impact side and very hard to do the put things back to normal side. I get the feeling that the Loti spore thing was only supposed to be a change for the initial release - I did the quest the other way within 5 minutes of release, and then it got divine-reverted and the requirements changed to be harder during the event. Which is fine for drama, I get that, but it shouldn't impact quest balancing.

Loti spores are a horrible quest requirement anyways, no new quest should use them (for an event, fine, for an ongoing quest, no).

Lots of tunnel trash picks up spores so not only do you have to run around a huge area chasing fast-moving objects, you must also stop and kill many of the things you pass on the off chance they might have picked up one (or many!) spores.
  • The change made to the quest was due to a bug, it was never meant to be the way it was presented to begin with. As for any potential changes, we will need to confer with Estarra so we'll keep you posted.
  • edited August 2017
    To add onto what Drocilla was saying, the initial easier but bugged version of the two quests that Moi may have experienced essentially skipped an entire major step of the quests. Therefore, it shouldn't be used as comparison. I commiserate with the trouble with loti spores though. There are a number of solutions to the problem with the quests and to loti spores in general, but as Drocilla said, it's something we'll need to confer with Estarra on. Thanks for the feedback!
    Having just done the quest mentioned above for the first time and hunting after the loti, it took ( with a little break ) about 2 1/2 hours to hunt down the loti. I was not very efficient about it am sure and I was kind of hitting the odd mob on the way to keep myself entertained, but at the very least I feel that a quest like that one should have -some- form of reward. I got exactly nothing, not even a thank you from constance, which I feel is a little sad.
  • Aeldra said:
    Having just done the quest mentioned above for the first time and hunting after the loti, it took ( with a little break ) about 2 1/2 hours to hunt down the loti. I was not very efficient about it am sure and I was kind of hitting the odd mob on the way to keep myself entertained, but at the very least I feel that a quest like that one should have -some- form of reward. I got exactly nothing, not even a thank you from constance, which I feel is a little sad.
    The quests on both sides do give rewards, though the giving of them might be easily missed. Again, further changes will require conferring with the authorities that be on these matters, though we do have some ideas. Thank you for the suggestion!