General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    Strangely, I have never really had a bad experience at the DMV.  Everything I hear preps me for the worst and then I am pleasantly surprised.
    This. Is. So. You!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited August 2017
    Yay for only having to go to the local tag agency and wait all of five minutes or when Audra gets back from lunch 

went to the DMV once when I lived in Maryland .... it crushed my soul, my spirit and my very being... 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The cartilage connecting my ribs and sternum is inflamed, and the doctor said it's normal to feel like you're about to have an asthma/heart attack. The hospital was late in getting my scripts to me (being as underweight as I am it's difficult to prescribe or something), so I've been almost five days without any type of anti-inflammatory or painkiller for this. I had to leave work early today because drawing a breath deep enough to start speaking was too much, and ended up biting my arm so hard it broke skin to try and distract from the chest pain.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Made the mistake of trying to unpack SO's stuff to remove boxes from living area. Oh my god everything now smells musty and terrible and we have company coming. How long has some of this been in storage?? Off to the store to buy smell remover stuff. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Forums need a sympathy react for everyone's bad events.

Today I opened up a check for $30 I overpaid to a doctor which made me so elated, because I'm just that poor. Then I open up the next envelope on a fool's high and got a $3100 bill from the hospital for surgery I had 4 months ago. Between all my accounts and cash and savings for rent, I don't even have $300 to my name. At least I work a dead end job that underpays! /rant
  • Definitely need a sympathetic reaction option. :(
    Something small that I hope everyone can relate to: 

If you are going to leave only a centimetre worth of milk left in the bloody container, don't shove the container to the back of the fridge and cover it with tonnes of other stuff. Leave it at the front where everyone can see it and know that more needs to be picked up before pouring: cereal/chocolate/cocoa powder/etc.

I don't care that it was used, I care that you think because YOU know how much is left that EVERYONE does.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited August 2017
    Look, people. Either you're amazed I'm 30 because my skin is in such good shape, OR you think I'm too pale and need to get more sun. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Power outage at 5 am, lasting through 6:30 am.  UPSes screaming bloody murder.  One cannot be muted without installing an application on a computer and controlling it via USB.  Hello, when it is screaming that means there is a decided lack of power to do such things.

I just wanted to sleep. :(

Also live right next to my office so at least it gave me notice I needed to come in early to spin up the servers... silver lining?  Not really?
  • Cyndarin said:
    Look, people. Either you're amazed I'm 30 because my skin is in such good shape, OR you think I'm too pale and need to get more sun. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. 
    They will try, I guarantee it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Went to visit my dying Aunt (the big C word) who got admitted on the way up. She's my great aunt but my fam is really young so I'm 33 and I've had all my greats in my life all along. People suck and are NOT understanding that we're a close fam.  I'm somehow supposed to be less concerned because she's an extended family member when she's been more a Gramma to me than my own.  She's been sent home with hospice care.  I have a month of waiting for a second planned trip up to Wisconsin (11-hour drive from Bama) and my Uncle on standby to loan me the money to go before then if she takes a turn.  The distance sucks. The uncertainty of when she'll get worse and pass sucks (in reference to being able to be there with her and our fam). College and Grad school courses for me and hubby being juggled at the same time as all of this is going on SUCKS.  I changed my course load and postponed my Skills Lab in Atlanta until after the holidays to try and make things easier on myself. The only good out of the whole situation is that my education and my experience in losing my Pawpaw to cancer a year and a half ago has really changed my perspective on death and my major too. I have a sense of ease or calm in dealing with the situation and interacting with others. Death is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people but it's not for me and I've come to realize that the focus should be on a "good death"  and celebrating the life that has been lived.  
  • edited September 2017
    one wonky right foot & busted left knee means I have a foretaste of what being old is like. D: 

stairs are the enemy. up is easier than down. Sitting is a necessity, not a luxury. Every task must be calculated to maximize steps to tasks accomplished. Any extra weight you have and are lugging around suddenly becomes an issue. Bending your knee is possible, just not advisable.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Nothing like early hurricane shopping to spice up Labor Day. Here's hoping Irma leaves the eastern US alone and I get to eat these canned goods another day.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ow! ow! OW! *Whine*
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Why in the world would anyone email a picture of text instead of typing it?  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I got a new laptop for my enforcement team vehicle, This would be a rave if not for it being Windows 10...with standard privacy settings. :facepalm:
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Daraius said:
    Why in the world would anyone email a picture of text instead of typing it?  :/
    Exactly.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Oh, we also get those -- pictures of screens instead of screenshots. I empathize 100%.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Possibly fractured foot, somewhat trapped about 400 miles from home. May take me a few days longer to get back.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    I have a bilateral pneumothorax. In layman's terms, both of my lungs are partially collapsed, making it painful to breathe, bend, and well... breathing is the worst of this. It feels like I'm being stabbed in the chest with every exhale, and smothered with every inhale. I'm in hospital now, but I may not go on to surgery until Monday. They're expecting at least a week-long recovery, so I will be likely very scarce.

• Welcome to 2nd year, here is another group project. For week 4. That's 2 weeks away from tomorrow. 10 minute powerpoint presentation. e_e

BECAUSE THE GROUP THING REALLY WORKED LAST YEAR, LADY!

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    really minor thing compared to others, but:

Dear extreme weather, can you please stop going to places where I'd like to go for vacation? It isn't like I've already canceled and rebooked because of you. *mutters*
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited September 2017
    Aeldra said:
    really minor thing compared to others, but:

Dear extreme weather, can you please stop going to places where I'd like to go for vacation? It isn't like I've already canceled and rebooked because of you. *mutters*
    Still wondering if Irma or Jose will hit Mar-A-Lago
    edited September 2017
    Hospital adventures pt 2: the Electric Boogaloo -

Apparently my veins, while prominent and tempting to even the nurse with the shakiest of hands, do not like IVs. I asked them to move the position, since the first one in the crook of my elbow kept setting off alarms whenever I'd move, and it took a grand total of five nurses and (thankfully only) six stabs to get my new one placed in my bicep. Seems my veins were closing and bubbling as soon as they get pierced, and as bad as it might sound my first thought was "Too bad I can't pause my system IRL to turn off clotting".

• hey buddy! you know that cigarette you think you are sneaking in our enclosed living space? I CAN SMELL IT. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Quit giving me potential cancer.
  • I had ingredients for a dish for over a week, one of the ingredients was cut mushrooms, they looked dried out, I used them anyway, I now have food poisoning, I hate myself.