Crusaders Kings Megathread

13»

Comments

• Italian house within Lombardia(nationality conflict is recommended) from one county to the HRE, unlocked with monks&mystics so it was a great ride overall. I'd also recommend playing a patrician family in a merchant republic.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So, someone pointed out that there's an ancient religion mod. It even has an event based on Julian the Apostate, who was the coolest of all emperors. This appealed to my interests. It is amazing. I haven't even done Greek pagans yet. Only druids. But the flavor is delightful, and the mechanics are interesting. I won't get to wipe out the Catholic church this run, largely because Charlemagne became a Cathar and mostly did it for me, but I'll save that for actually bringing back Rome next campaign.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • (Necro, but I don't feel like making an entirely new thread, as it's still relevant to this one. So deal.)

Has anyone had any success with the mechanics that let you manipulate Catholic bishops/pope elections and such?

I feel like there could be some fun stories with it, though it takes ages for me to have success. I almost got a friendly real Pope once, only for my poor king to die and his hedonistic son (who the church hated anyway) take over and it was all for nothing. :(

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • didn't know this thread was a thing, so THANKS @Riluna.

I recently bought a humble bundle that had a few games I didn't need, including Crusader Kings. If you want the Steam key, courtesy of your favourite greefy leafy thiefy treedude, drop me a forums message. Don't be a dick and take the key from me just to sell it. I won't know that you're a bad person, but you'll know. You'll know.
  • Portius, you're a hero, thanks!
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Sylandra said:
    Today I decide to play in Spain, but as a Muslim sheikh. Things initially go pretty okay!

After a middling start on my first character, my second is a Brilliant Strategist with the inspiring leader modifier. Through my efforts to appease the sultan on the battlefield, I get a duchy, eventually giving me control over three additional counties. I become the sultan's marshal to boot. Well done, self!

And then I get a little cocky. I throw myself into combat more willfully to try and expand my borders. Through which I lose a hand...

then a leg, and finally get an infection. My new name? "The One-Handed."

As a result, I'm not as popular with the ladies as I once was! We're looking at -15 permanent attraction opinion from now on, with now the additional negative modifier from the infection slapped on. It also doesn't help a hired a controversial female council member to be my Steward, adding another whopping -20 to the approval rating.

All this matters, because I am married to two ladies who are now exceedingly cross with me.  We'll call them Wife #1 and Wife #2. Wife #2 is currently my spymaster with 25 intrigue as her stat and she's miffed I didn't promote her to Wife #1 status. My best plan? Maybe not!

But in my defense, wife #1, sweet Parand, has given me 6 children! Wife #2 (though a Genius) only ever gave me one daughter with meh stats. How can I take the position from Parand?! We trust one another! We have a sacred bond!

And then wife #2 tells me, "Lol your other wife has plans to kill you dead."

Et tu, Parand?! Of my two wives, I didn't expect her to betray me! Rage fills my heart. She will learn to think on her actions in the dungeon!

But as I go to imprison her, Parand raises a middle finger and escapes to a court across the map, swearing she will return to kill me. One day. One. Day.

Tldr: years after failing to imprison her, my vengeful first wife came out of hiding to murder my one-legged, one-handed marshal with a 23 martial stat in his sleep.
    I really wish I had your gift of describing this stuff dramatically. And without you, I never would have discovered this game. <3

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • After reading this I am less scared to try this game now! My friend gifted it to me months ago (He doesnt even own it himself) and I tried to start one game once.. but had no idea how to do anything so gave up. But these stories make me want to give it another go. I do love Stellaris though! Do we have a stellaris thread like this?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited September 2018
    @Chitsa I don't think we do! Please make one. :D 

Also, try watching the first twenty minutes of a "let's play" from someone familiar with the game who is talking through it. That did wonders to help me understand what to look for and do in Crusader Kings II.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra Will make one soon then!  and I will try to find a good Lers play of it then
  •  "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian