You guys really need to post more logs (and discuss them for the purpose of enhancing the game)

1141516171820»

Comments

• Tyamit said:
    I can count -maybe- 2-3 times that I have ever used flight. I always just forget about it and go for another bail. Tarken said the same when I asked him.

Who is spamming it enough for it to have any weight in this current argument?
    Oh, that's right. You can just tumble and then it's impossible to summon you guys back in with beckon/whatever because you have unearthly rooting.

• edited September 2017
    Chase? Not like we ever fight near guards.
  • edited September 2017
    Maligorn said:
    Then they can also move 2 rooms for 1 power, essentially a get out of jail free card in group fights. Flight is stopped by breaking the legs, but what else?

For me, SDs are a perfect storm of both huge things and little things: stopping mana regen in a room for everyone but them, easy escapes, (I don't know how potent Drink is post-overhaul), Twist providing both mana drain and hinder, banshee, lash, preventing sap from occurring and preventing flying (the latter of which is w/e)...and all of that without taking tertiaries into account. Similarly, it doesn't matter if the entirety of Glomdoring hinges on Toadcurse if there's more than one competent Shadowdancer, plus REFRESH POWER, plus lucidian demi+ keeping them well within 8p.

Oh, and, not to mention the metric ton of artifacts these particular SDs have. If you try to focus them first, then you're going to have a very bad time. Believe me, after months of fighting them, it's a hugely fruitless endeavor.

I personally think that refresh power is sort of too powerful. I suggested removing it because it allows a bunch of kind of overpowered combos when you use it but most folks seemed to disagree with me.

EDIT: Sure you may only be able to do stuff like double unleash or double dchord once a day but still its crazy powerful when you do it.
  • In a group fight? That's how you get your group split - or they tumble into the bulk of their forces. Are you serious, lol.

• So... use common sense and chase when there's low risk of those things happening otherwise change targets. Isn't that normal in IRE PVP?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2017
    Except it's been proposed that targeting the SD first is the obvious choice of action. (It's not). If they get away, you've wasted valuable time trying to kill them while the enemy group is killing you. Plus...the more than one SD thing.

The strategy has always been to kill everyone other than Tarken and Veyils, because once you strip their teammates, it's a lot easier to focus them without fear of repercussion by ignoring others.

Like, if you ignore a Wyrdenwood slinging noose+haegl every balance. Or a Harbinger. : ^)

• You are one of the most slippery people in this entire game, hands down. There should be an Ascension event for what you do. Yet you're still our first target a lot of the time. 
  • Tyamit said:
    You are one of the most slippery people in this entire game, hands down. There should be an Ascension event for what you do. Yet you're still our first target a lot of the time. 
    Really? I almost never feel targeted first :?. I thought that honour goes to Falaeron.

But thanks.

• Maligorn said:
    Except it's been proposed that targeting the SD first is the obvious choice of action. (It's not). If they get away, you've wasted valuable time trying to kill them while the enemy group is killing you. Plus...the more than one SD thing.

The strategy has always been to kill everyone other than Tarken and Veyils, because once you strip their teammates, it's a lot easier to focus them without fear of repercussion by ignoring others.

That's generally a good tacit overall irregardless of class. Focusing the folks who die easily first to clear up the field. Its one of the reason why your often not the first target Maligorn. Your good at tumbling out. Where as other folks tend to fold as soon as you focus them.

This discussion has been closed.