Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Kagato said:b
    Did a little web trawling, from what I can find, the decision was made to close it down because it was not financially viable to pay for the licensing cost of the related medium in comparison to the active player base (unique individuals playing, not just characters rolled) .
    Yeah, they drove off the player base by catering to trolls. So they didn't have enough people left playing to justify it's expence.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited September 2017
    Never mind. Too easy.
  • Yeah there were a lot of trolls in that game
  • Riluna said:
    Kagato said:
    Did a little web trawling, from what I can find, the decision was made to close it down because it was not financially viable to pay for the licensing cost of the related medium in comparison to the active player base (unique individuals playing, not just characters rolled) .
    Which is not mutually exclusive to the point that there were valid reasons people didn't feel invested enough to invest.
    ...pretty much matches what the... I think CEO, or at least producer, was saying on the starmourn forums. The license cost was mentioned as the main reason but there have been hints (along the lines of... 'the license cost was less than the staff cost' already, and that 'people weren't spending so any license cost was too much')
    beep
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It's a shame people got the log sharing thread closed before anyone could fix their links, now I've no entertainment. :/
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • We want more PK opportunities!

>proceeds to stall out domoth for potential favorable dormancy time.

• More PK opportunities that are not three to one odds :>
  • I really can't be bothered to play a game that allows this. Sorry guys.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    We want more PK opportunities!

The dormancy time is 5 minutes on a free domoth that fails stage 1..?  I'm confused by the potential favorability here, this issue was fixed ages ago.

Stalling a domoth can be annoying but at least it's no longer a "block for potentially 20 hours," just a one hour and five minutes kind of thing.
  • I don't think Maligorn's issue here is with the domoth timers.
  • Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:

The dormancy time is 5 minutes on a free domoth that fails stage 1..?  I'm confused by the potential favorability here, this issue was fixed ages ago.

Stalling a domoth can be annoying but at least it's no longer a "block for potentially 20 hours," just a one hour and five minutes kind of thing.
    That's what I thought too, but I've seen stage 1 failures last for much more than that.

• Go go gadget Glomdoring authors! Prestige wins! Fable contest! Boooooooks!
    Falaeron said:
    I don't think Maligorn's issue here is with the domoth timers.
    Maybe I misread, but 5 of the 10 words in his post (half of the words) were related to domoth dormancy timers, and they seem like a modifier to the first half that qualifies / explains why it's bad.

So if that's not what he meant it could use a little clarification.
    Maligorn said:
    Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:

That's what I thought too, but I've seen stage 1 failures last for much more than that.
    Let's see what happens, if it's not 5 minutes then BUG it because it absolutely should be 5 to address stalling tactics.
  • Well. I think we can all wish Tweets a fond farewell. There have been enough warnings that it isn't for rants, but it seems a couple of us are finding that difficult au revoir, old friend.
  • Xenthos said:
    Falaeron said:
    Maybe I misread, but 5 of the 10 words in his post (half of the words) were related to domoth dormancy timers, and they seem like a modifier to the first half that qualifies / explains why it's bad.

I'm not going to be drawn into an argument with you about the actual topic, but he hasn't made a post that is 10 words long so I have no idea what you're even talking about.
    edited September 2017
    Falaeron said:
    Xenthos said:
    Falaeron said:

I'm not going to be drawn into an argument with you about the actual topic, but he hasn't made a post that is 10 words long so I have no idea what you're even talking about.
    "proceeds to stall out domoth for potential favorable dormancy time."
    ---1-------- 2---3----4-----5------6-----7---------8-----------9---------10.

If you really want I can clarify to say it was the 10 rant-words of the post, but it's pretty obvious what the ten words I'm replying to are given the context.
  • That wasn't his entire post though? Really not sure what your point is.
    Falaeron said:
    That wasn't his entire post though? Really not sure what your point is.

Xenthos said:

If you really want I can clarify to say it was the 10 rant-words of the post, but it's pretty obvious what the ten words I'm replying to are given the context.
    At this point you're claiming that he meant something else, he already clarified that no, he meant exactly what I was addressing, and you're basically saying "he never made a post that was 10 words" (which is fair enough, but he did make a post that contained a 10-word complaint which is what I was replying to with the discussion about timers).  So if you want to know who is confused about what the point someone is trying to make, that's me with regards to you. :P
  • I honestly can't see anyone holding a (insert whatever you want here) to anyone's head forcing you to play...but don't expect someone to play the way you want them to just because it favors you
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2017
    5 minutes dormancy.

It's still a full hour and 5 minutes of "eff you" though.

I really swear I've seen Tarken stall out a different domoth and it got an 18 day dormancy. W/e. They've continued to stall it out a different way.

• Versalean going flag happy over here.

You should be an NFL ref!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • This thread has gone TU. And nothing I say is going to improve it. So, one-click wonders for everybody!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's almost like people play the game to win and do whatever they have to in order to succeed.

....Isn't that the idea behind every single org? Do whatever it takes to control the Basin?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    It's almost like people play the game to win and do whatever they have to in order to succeed.

....Isn't that the idea behind every single org? Do whatever it takes to control the Basin?
    I attempt to control me, myself and I. Does that count?
    Grissom said:
    I honestly can't see anyone holding a (insert whatever you want here) to anyone's head forcing you to play...but don't expect someone to play the way you want them to just because it favors you
    I will insert a "wet noodle" because wet noodles are useless and my addiction to the game doesn't need to be forced <3
    You know, I've played extensively in every org. All of them. In all that time, I don't think I've ever heard any org leader/combatant say, "We probably shouldn't use that tactic because we wouldn't want others to do it to us".

It's a bit absurd to try and claim the moral high ground when you have done the same things to everyone else.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    To be fair, Glomdoring (and I personally) have done that.  Biggest example: Totemchopping.  Second example, thievery.  There are some things we can mostly agree on in that regard.
    Well, ok. I meant in battles in general.
This discussion has been closed.