The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've been kept pretty busy with work of late and not had much time to review/speculate, but I will note that everyone seems to be surprisingly reticent this go around. I would mark it as unusual enough for notice if not for the fact that it seems to be affecting everyone - perhaps everyone's as uncertain of how to approach the flavour as I am? Hmm.

I have this general feeling Portius would only notice something if it's meant to have a noticeable effect (is he still the only one to notice any powers being used on him besides the obvious deceased?), so a roleblock does seem probable, though I can think of some other possibilities (like receiving something from an inventor-type role).

I'm not trying to out the role in this situation, but highlight for the people noticing night actions happening at all. I'm getting a sense we will have a lot of difficulty verifying alibis in the future if there's a lot of cloaked behaviour going on.

Also getting the feeling that Ordassa is being honest, but at a loss of where to look otherwise in this instance.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    ><>
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I don't think there should be an issue revealing information. We can't win without information.

Yeah, maybe the scum get some info too, but if we're holding everything close to the chest while they continue to pick people off (or douse them with gas), by the time we get some information, it may be too late. It may be that the scum killed AND marked someone last night, so we're already on the losing end of this.

It may put a target on someone as well, but this early in the game, it gives town people an idea on how to act as well, which could potentially lead to more information. It turns everything into a guessing game and reverse psychology episode where you're thinking along the lines of 'well, if Ordassa is protected, then I'll kill Portius, but maybe the protector will expect me to do that, so I'll just kill Ordassa but maybe he's being watched, so I should shoot for some random person, but maybe they are expecting that as well' etc etc etc. 

It sounds like Ordassa is a tracker, Ordassa can you just confirm your role already? The cat's out of the bag. I don't think we need to reveal who you followed because according to Portius, it was a good thing (or a rainbow farting unicorn) so lets keep the identity secret, but give us something to work with here.

TL:DR we're going to shit the bed unless we get information. Ordassa, fess up about your role, it's already out.

•   @Sidd fine. tracker. I know who hit@Portius last night but I really prefer not to out that person. I am still in danger of being lynched.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Portius said:
    @Tremula I was probably targeted by town. The message didn't specify, but the power is normally a town power.

Then with this, I think we're clear to unvote Ordassa, unless we want him to out a member of the town?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Portius said:
    @Tremula I was probably targeted by town. The message didn't specify, but the power is normally a town power.

Then with this, I think we're clear to unvote Ordassa, unless we want him to out a member of the town?
    That would be @Shaddus & @Arix who have voted for a lynching
  • Fine, but we still have diddly squat for information

UNVOTE: ORDASSA
  • and Ordassa needs to unvote me unless he's hoping Shaddus will unvote and there'll be a ninja lynch
  • UNVOTE: ARIX

@Shaddus ?
  • If we're not lynching Ordassa than we have less than 24 hours to pick somebody else. Or are we actually going to try to majority no lynch again today?
  • did anyone get hit by @Portius last night?
  • That assumes Portius has a night power
  • Well we know ONE thing. Whoever hit @Portius isnt the mafia hit killer
  • They only thing we can say for sure is that they're not the person that killed Silvanus. They could still be a mafia member with another non-lethal power.
  • Hmm. Because I don't really understand why he voted to lynch Ordassa which put a lot of pressure on him to reveal his tracking role, 

VOTE: Shaddus
    Shaddus has a history of pressuring to lynch people based on their play styles, because as just noted, we spent two days on a dead end since someone was being obtuse. He doesn't want that sort of thing to continue. However, I'm in the position of LAL (Lynch all Lurkers), as the mafia is (the majority of the time) going to start and stay quiet while we flail with no info. So I'm going to count posts and consider those posts before I give my vote in a little while...

After morning coffee, though.

Ordassa - 22
     o A lot of posturing, confusing statements, and the general chaos that got us started into this mess.

Arix - 17
     o A lot of response to Ordassa and clarifying comments to other people. Seems to be a seasoned player attempting to assist others

Lehki - 7
     o Several posts seeking clarification and speculating on the makeup of the game.

Vivet - 7
     o See above, but started the speculation with her post on arsonists. Usually more active as a town player, but has stated she is busy at work.

Yarith - 7
     o Newer player, but has made valuable points to speculation of game. A few posts admitting confusion.

Tremula - 7
     o Veteran player, on heavy pain medication that causes lack of consciousness fairly often. Has been attempting to wrangle Ordassa into line and took three attempts to do so. 

Portius - 5
     o Veteran player, subject of today's discourse. Started by saying he was targetted, but implied it was a town (or usually a town) power. Is usually quiet until he has a strong lead to follow.

Ess - 5
     o New player, who has tried to be helpful and start conversation, but was bulldozed by chaos.

Sylandra (Mod) - 5
     o The mod. I generally want to vote for people who post less than them, but she did have to include an extra one to correct a missing vote, so you can count her as having 4 posts.

Kaimanahi - 4
     o Opened the day and made a few responses.

Thyelleia - 4
     o Joined speculation and contributed by asking good questions.

Othero - 4
     o Spoke mostly early in the day.

Sidd - 4
     o I don't have quite enough information on Sidd's playstyle to make an assumption. Yet. He's made some good, directing posts to try and move conversation, which I can respect.

Shaddus - 3
     o Grumpy old man who gave people a bandwagon to jump on. See my above post.

Celina - 3
     o As with Portius, generally does not post much unless something catches their eye or they have a lead to follow.

Sao - 3
     o New, has been confused, but is currently offering her vote.

Silvanus (dead) - 1
     o Glub, glub, muthafuckas.

Take this as you so please, but I'm actually on Shaddus' side here. The majority of posts today, even though we have little information, have been because of one person. So I'll bite the bullet and say this. I'm the person who targetted Portius last night, which is why I was keeping my opinion to myself. @Portius, feel free to blow me out of the water if my power seems scum-like. I don't want a repeat of this tomorrow.

Vote: Ordassa.

• Personally would rather take out Shaddus for lurking than vote for the tracker who is probably gonna die soon anyway. Hopefully Ordassa has learned a little from this and can be less obtuse if she lives tomorrow.

Vote: Shaddus

Believe this ties the vote, so does leave Ordassa on the chopping block unless somebody else agrees with lynching lurkers
  • Why on earth would we lynch someone who we've basically confirmed as being Tracker? And you've confirmed that he likely saw you?

That is the craziest action ever, I actually want to vote for Tremula, but to save Ordassa, I'll vote for Shaddus. 

There is no reasonable argument to lynch someone we can pretty much say (at this point) is town.
    Vote: Shaddus

I'll remove my vote is people remove off Ordassa enough to keep him around.

Now to prevent mafia snipers since we're at about three hours:

Unvote.

By my count that should put us at Shaddus 3, Ordassa 1. I was mildly disappointed nobody jumped on the train, but I suppose that means our mafia is a bit more clever than I hoped.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)
    @Shaddus: Saobutt, Lehki, Sidd (3)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Shaddus will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have just under three hours!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Unvote
    Vote: Tremula

Bad play man, bad play.

• I'm very sorry for not being active the last days. I was in the process of moving and thought that I'd be able to pop in once or twice...but then I had more stuff than I thought and had to think of ways to somehow store all of it....

Concerning the current situation: I am also kinda undecided. A tracker seems useful and could provide valuable insights. On the other hand, now that the mafia knows his power, they might decide to kill him during the night anyway if they don't find somebody who would make more sense to them. So if we lynch Ordassa now, we might end up with two dead townies next morning. If we don't kill him, it'd probably only be the mafia's night kill (not counting vigilantes, if there are any). My mind is still full with moving stuff, so I hope that I'm not blabbering...
  • Can we get a vote count? All this flip-flopping is giving me flashbacks to 2004
  • wait never mind just saw the last one
    Right now it's two Shaddus, one Ordassa, one Tremula. 

And also /shrug @Sidd. It's been a long day two for no reason and was hoping people would jump on something they didn't. Definitely not the worst play in the history of these mafia games.

• I'm not going to vote for him today but yeah, I'd have no problem lynching Ordessa tomorrow if it is a repeat of this day phase. I can see why people would want to lynch him today. A tracker is useless if they don't know what to do with their info and play "I have a secret".

But also Vote: Saobutt

Shaddus' Vote makes sense. Yours feels like you trying to run out the clock and get a quick lynch in. 
  • Okay wow I've got like 5 minutes to spare and we're all over the place suddenly. 

I'm just going to leave my vote where it is.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)
    @Shaddus: Saobutt, Lehki (2)
    @Tremula: Sidd (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero (1)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Shaddus will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have an hour and a half left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Sidd said:
    There is no reasonable argument to lynch someone we can pretty much say (at this point) is town.

Portius said:

@Sidd, I don't know why you're throwing a vote on Tremula. If the information we have is credible (which I guess is a big "if"), then Tremula is more likely to be town, based on Portius' deduction above.

I'm inclined to give Ordassa another chance, though agree it is a risk if he forces unnecessary claims moving forward.