Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Ianir said:
    Still down
    FINE! I'll go read a book! SEE what you made me do!!!
    What are these books of which you speak? I seem to vaguely recall hearing of these curious things from somebody who described them as "Lusternia but on paper, and without ragetells". Needless to say I shall seek them out no further...
  • o Icediggers are now only worth 2 points in a great hunt/death challenge
       (from 6).

o Icedigger queens are now only worth 3 points in a great hunt/death
       challenge (from 5).

o Lirangshan dominators are now only worth 4 points in a great
       hunt/death challenge (from 6).

AAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Not a problem, @Ianir - I remember the first quiz I ever ran - I think it would have been a complete shambles if I hadn't had @Raezon in the background answering last minute questions I had.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Ianir said:
    Would like to thank everybody for their patience with all my errors in today's quiz (esp. around the running of it). First time I've ever done that.
    Good practice for that future game-wide Fate tournament you're totally gonna do, right?  o:) 

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The llama better spit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Too easy... 
  • edited October 2017

Edit: My llama's name will be related to this movie. I am not sorry.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
    edited October 2017
    Lifting her head, a fluffy young llama belts out a loud 'MWAAA' before eyeing the surroundings carefully.

Also it has battle, bodyguard, and aggressive as inherents if anyone is wondering. Pretty decent but why doesn't it spit?
    Given it has Battle, Bodyguard and Aggressive already - an impressive set of inherents already for a beast that costs 28 dingbats - if they threw in PoisonSpit, which requires Mythical +33% under normal circumstances (around 1500 lessons) plus requires 200 training points invested to teach it, it would very likely cost substantially more - like closer to 100 dingbats, if not higher still, unless they traded out one or more of battle/bodyguard/aggressive.

Also take into account that a custom beast that costs 900 credits typically only comes with 150 trains worth of inherents, with anything over that costing 1 credit per train point.  You are already getting 290 trains (20 for battle, 120 for aggressive, 150 for bodyguard) for only 28 dingbats.

• Kagato...have you ever met a llama?
    edited October 2017
    Customise it for Sentience then so you can TELL <llama> EMOTE SPIT <target>.  Otherwise my point stands.  Poison is the ONLY skill in the beastmastery skillset that involves spitting, so for you to get it through a skill, you'd need that specific skill.

edited October 2017
    Unrelated - I hope there is going to be a way to get the treasure hunt item like there has been in previous years for those that could not make it.  I wasn't able to attend, because it was either work, or attend and end up homeless and thus be unable to play full stop  (Yes things are currently that dire.)

• I kinda expected it to just have spit tbh. But I like this combo and for 28 dings I'm gravy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kagato said:
    Unrelated - I hope there is going to be a way to get the treasure hunt item like there has been in previous years for those that could not make it.  I wasn't able to attend, because it was either work, or attend and end up homeless and thus be unable to play full stop  (Yes things are currently that dire.)
    I have a bug report in on this, it's still sitting in Submitted status.  Nothing available in the Wayfaire, the mob disappeared, so a little at a loss.  (Honestly it should just be on sale in the Wayfaire like the teddybear is)
  • edited October 2017
    Kagato said:
    Lifting her head, a fluffy young llama belts out a loud 'MWAAA' before eyeing the surroundings carefully.

Also it has battle, bodyguard, and aggressive as inherents if anyone is wondering. Pretty decent but why doesn't it spit?
    Given it has Battle, Bodyguard and Aggressive already - an impressive set of inherents already for a beast that costs 28 dingbats - if they threw in PoisonSpit, which requires Mythical +33% under normal circumstances (around 1500 lessons) plus requires 200 training points invested to teach it, it would very likely cost substantially more - like closer to 100 dingbats, if not higher still, unless they traded out one or more of battle/bodyguard/aggressive.

Also take into account that a custom beast that costs 900 credits typically only comes with 150 trains worth of inherents, with anything over that costing 1 credit per train point.  You are already getting 290 trains (20 for battle, 120 for aggressive, 150 for bodyguard) for only 28 dingbats.
    Two small notes.
    The lesson cost is irrelevant, because you need the skill even if the beast has the ability naturally, so it is only a question of trains.
    A standard custom beast only costs 500 credits (coming without inherents), I believe you are confusing it with the sample package deal they give.

Edit: Although I agree, it has enough skills for its cost.
    edited October 2017
    Tirah said:
    Kagato said:

Two small notes.
    The lesson cost is irrelevant, because you need the skill even if the beast has the ability naturally, so it is only a question of trains.
    A standard custom beast only costs 500 credits (coming without inherents), I believe you are confusing it with the sample package deal they give.

Edit: Although I agree, it has enough skills for its cost.
    I said quite clearly "Take into account that a custom beast that costs 900 credits" so no, I'm not confusing anything.  I am quite aware of the 500 credit beast and that it doesn't come with any inherents by default.  Also even taking that into account, if one was to get Poison added as an inherent to another beast, unless they bundled that into the 150 trains that come with a 900 credit beast, it would cost 200 credits to do so.  Starting to digress from the topic though.

3) Inherent Beastmastery Abilities - *special*
      - You can purchase inherent beast abilities at the cost of 1cr/train needed
        for a pet. For example, riding (able to mount) costs 10 trains, and thus
        would cost 10 credits to make inherent. Flying costs 100 trains and thus
        would cost 100cr to make inherent

I'd only be happy with it getting Poison if Bodyguard or Battle/Aggressive were taken out to balance it.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2017
    We want more PK!

>proceeds to batphone a 3v2 situation to make it a 10v2 (7v2?), then deciding to raid org territory just to rub it in.

Ok. I believe you.

• Maligorn said:
    We want more PK!

>proceeds to batphone a 3v2 situation to make it a 10v2 (7v2?), then deciding to raid org territory just to rub it in.

Ok. I believe you.

It was one on two for me for a while. Turned into two vs two but then no one came back after the first death *shrug*
  • edited October 2017
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/gAJ-K89b

Not sure where the 2v2 or 2v1 is, unless you mean on me.

So glad for the fact that I was toaded in the 7th twist stun before stun ended, seems like a balanced ability :thinking: Someone want to explain why shadowdance twist is literally a 2.566 balance?

Additional notes: 
    The entire process took 22.303 seconds. That's for shadowdance steal, 7 * shadowdance twists, and toad, in that order with no variation. 
    In comparison, it takes 21.784 seconds to crystalspin 7 rubies without any attempts to block the rubies under the influence of redlollipop.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Can we not?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Are we aiming to get Tweets closed again?  I feel like we just barely got it back.
  • edited October 2017
    I've done nothing wrong, stop acting like I'm a villain. :?
    Edit: I'd like to take a moment to mention that I have broken none of the forum rules. Else I'd have been slapped on the wrist. :(

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Yarith
    If you are getting low on mana you can shield or hinder the attacker to give yourself time to heal up to full mana. 

Also you seem to be missing some basic curatives unless you've gagged them.

Send me a message on discord if you need any help fixing up your cures or prios.  Always happy to help folks with new stuff.
  • edited October 2017
    Sure, explain how I cure out of seventh twist before the stun ends.

Edit: You also mention that I'm missing basic curatives. Please provide examples of the ones I'm missing.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited October 2017
    Sure you shield when your at low mana. Eg When your sitting at 67% mana with no hinder on you and your not using your full mana curatives througout the full fight. Shielding there when your mana gets low is a very good idea combat wise.

Also if you use all three mana cures you'll last much longer.

EDIT: As a note you may notice I also used refresh. I'm actually of a mind that refreshing your power is a bit overpowered to be honest.