Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Shielding is a waste of a balance, considering that the wonderhorn buffet beats the equilibrium chase, it also buys more time for the banshee and entourage rotation to fire. 
    I'm not asking for help with my set up, I didn't have my gems up.  

I was expending all three mana cures, you can see the stability of each of the curing balances at the end of my prompt, specifically denoted by the first block [PsSB|
    P = Potion, s = scroll, S = sparkle, B = bleeding/clotting logic, where _ is expended/offbal by GMCP on prompt and X is designated. As you can see, my balances were immediately expended. 

My problem with this log is how fast twist is built to entirety.

Edit: Please stop trying to give me 'advice'. All of the 'advice' you have given merely implies you didn't read my log.

Edit*2: In review, my healing scroll wasn't firing due to an internal logic error when I tried to port to the gmcp scroll balance. That aside, that wasn't the point of my argument, which is the problem with the balance on it, and the inability to cure out of the seventh twist in this instance. Further, I don't believe getting to 7 twists, and stealing, should be so astronomically faster than the compared method, considering there's no build-down.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yea I refreshed power. I think refresh is too strong.
  • edited October 2017
    May I just inquire as to why you were trying to give me advice regarding missing cures and not expending my mana curatives properly when it's demonstrated I did? Edit: Above.

Also, you didn't follow up regarding wonderhorn buffet, so I'm assuming that's a concession against the 'advice' you tried to pawn onto me.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:

Edit: Please stop trying to give me 'advice'. All of the 'advice' you have given merely implies you didn't read my log.

If you think hindering an enemy to prevent them draining your vitals is a waste of time then yes I really cant give you any more advice. Hindering an enemy to slow vital drain is a basic lesson of combat. Hinder with shield, web, running, etc.

If you disagree with that I think we're done here then yes. Although I really would suggest you maybe try to hinder an enemy and see if you handle the fight better next time, you may be surprised by how well you do once you start to use your hinder.
  • You're joking.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited October 2017
    We figured it out in messages that there was missing cures.

EDIT: Correction we figured out in messages that Yarith was not using his healling scroll. We Figured out he was not using his full extent of curatives. Sorry if the original message was someone ambigious or confusing. Just wanted to make this 100% clear because yarith seemed to be upset with this comment.

To clarify Yarith was not using the full cures avaliable to him. Nothing more nothing less.
  • edited October 2017
    We didn't figure it out. The above is a self-proclaimed 'fact' with disregard for arguments I presented.

Editted for niceness: Please do not speak for me.

Edit 2: The initial statement was 'We figured it out in messages', for context.

Edit 3: I honestly can't believe you spent this entire time chasing my missing scroll instead of addressing the modus operandi/crux of my argument. This display merely demonstrates an active deflection of argument.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • First lesson of combat. Buy and use all your cures and make sure they work.

Second lesson of combat. If you are low you hinder or deflect until you are not low.
  • edited October 2017
    First lesson of combat in Lusternia: Some classes hinder while they expend their offensive capability at the same time. Others do not. Some have amazing levels of passive attrition and healing and protection. Others do not. Some classes demonstratedly perform better than others in a wide variety of situations. Others do not. Some people will defend their class by being obtuse, ignoring the primary argument of any opposition, and make a point of belittling someone in order to defend the status quo. Others will not.

Edit: In any case, resume tweeting. I'm outtie.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Yeah, I want to comment on the Twist thing, but then I'll be one of the bad guys for dooming poor Tweets. I'd like to start another thread, or can one of the Mods port this into a new conversation?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2017
    Twist argument has been hashed and rehashed over and over again. Maybe one day the mounting evidence will finally convince some people to make a change.

I'm more in this to try and get the Glomsquad over here to admit that they'll gladly stifle all forms of PK when it suits them via batphone or whatever else, while also falsely proclaiming that they want more PK.

EDIT: But seeing people disengage from this conversation (which is good probably), I don't really expect anyone to follow up on that. Still, it's what happens, and what will continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2017
    I spent over an hour breaking down the math of all all the SD drains, the timers, the skill break downs, their in game equivelents across class, and how everything works together, strengths, weaknesses, the history of envoy nerfs, including what could probably be changed movign forward. The masterpiece of my 7 years of SD experience. 

AAAAND thread locked before I can post. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maligorn said:
    I'm more in this to try and get the Glomsquad over here to admit that they'll gladly stifle all forms of PK when it suits them via batphone or whatever else, while also falsely proclaiming that they want more PK.
    11 months after giving me hell for making a batphone comment you outright accuse of the same?

I assume there's more than circumstantial evidence to support this? Because after the amount of noise you made when someone accused your friends, you wouldn't be making such statements without a signed confession from the guilty parties right?

This isn't just another example of blatant double standards and bias I'm sure. ;)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Lol yeah, didn't even last five posts, and I think two of them were Kalikai's
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Also: in before closing tweets 
  • What is this batphone?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think the best idea here is to just quit playing with a certain org. If they show up, take your ball and go home.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I meant in the context of this conversation
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    I think the best idea here is to just quit playing with a certain org. If they show up, take your ball and go home.
    Blueballing is only effective if you get everyone on the same page, and ignore them when they raid and murder everything.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Arix said:
    I meant in the context of this conversation
    using out of game methods to summon support as I understand it. discord, skype, etc.

Particularly when some pvp is happening and you need more numbers.
  • ugh, I hate when someone posts a revolt on Discord, because then I don't get to participate if I'm not already logged on
  • AFK corgis freak me out a little
  • Arix said:
    ugh, I hate when someone posts a revolt on Discord, because then I don't get to participate if I'm not already logged on
    Yeah, I really appreciate the "Hey an event is happening" ones though
  • Tweets has become Rants again. Just to save you scrolling up, it's the same people as usual.

I think we should use the last few posts to nominate the name of Tweets IX
  • Ordassa said:
    Psh! I bet this one gets closed down after a new promo/upgrade/ascension/political shift
    weeeelllll....what did i say? we barely made it past page 2!
  • Beat the tweet. 
    Tweet ale
    tweets in heat
    the leet tweet
  • Versalean said:
    Tweets has become Rants again. Just to save you scrolling up, it's the same people as usual.

I think we should use the last few posts to nominate the name of Tweets IX
    Just ban the troublemakers from the forums site.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: