The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• Noooooo dang. Way to swing the vote at the last second Sidd.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I didn't have any strong feelings towards Theylleia, so I didn't vote for them. The other options were Lehki and Portius, and I made my case as to why I don't think they're the best option. 

I don't understand how this is weird. This game has a weird mechanic, people typically vote to ensure a lynch. Since we can't default to no lynch, no one is compelled to vote unless they are looking for a specific outcome or change the current one. The current options are pretty meh for me. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2017
    Ordassa said:
    umm isnt it pass 2pm est tues now? @Sylandra
    Xenthos said:
    Yes, that is confusing me as well.
    Oh man that is entirely my bad. Sorry, the day has been weird on my end. I forgot it was Tuesday for some reason.

One sec while I put things together.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    (The day should have ended at the last vote count as @Ordassa and @Xenthos astutely pointed out, so I'm not including Cyndarin's in this total.)

Vote Count:
    @Thyelleia: Lehki, Kelly (2)
    @Lehki: Portius, Ordassa, Sidd (3)

MOB MENTALITY HAS SPOKEN!

You grab @Lehki and drag him off to be hanged, his final words: "Portius is a liar! A liar!"

But you find that Lehki was...

Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle!

A Fire Demon of some repute, you're a falling star that has entered a contract with the sorcerer Howl. You heat and power his castle with your magical abilities, but like all Fire Demons, you require a physical bond of sorts to truly manifest your magic. Your greed in this game has overtaken your kinder nature, and you find yourself hungry for more power.

Arsonist: 
    Every night, you may prep an individual for arson. When you are satisfied with your amount of targets, you may IGNITE them during the nightphase, eliminating them all at once. As a note, you cannot PREP and IGNITE the same night. Additionally, your targets will not see that they have been prepped.

Crafty Spirit: Those who try to ascertain your intentions will detect no maliciousness from you, believing your intentions to be innocent. Since you are in a pact with Howl, those who try to view your name will receive Howl's instead.

You are a Third Party Arsonist and win when you have defeated all other factions in the game.

Your Safe-Claim is: Howl, from Howl's Moving Castle.

---

IT IS NOW NIGHT 4.

Please send me your night actions by PM before the twenty-four hours have expired. Otherwise, you will take no action this night. Please do not post in this thread until the next dayphase.

(Night Four will end at 5pm EST on Wednesday, 10/11, or when all night actions are received.)

---

Important Mod Note: @Dys has officially replaced Portius in the game! Please welcome them and act accordingly.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    NIGHT ACTIONS ARE IN!

THE DAYPHASE WILL BEGIN SHORTLY.
    Daraius said:
    When you return from your slumber, you note with some surprise that no one has died this night.

---

~It is Day Five~
    With seven alive, it takes four to reach majority lynch.
    Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day Five will end at 10/14, Saturday, at 6:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hmmmmmm.

@Dys, have anything to say?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    As I imagined it could likely be, I was blocked last night, presumably by Thyelleia. I could have used my ability to avoid it, but figured there wasn't much use just trying to protect myself so I tried to protect a better town asset. In the very least I'd have an alibi for last night if I did get blocked, but, derp, I guess that didn't work out. So I'll own that that makes me a fair suspect, too.

And yeah, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't just confirm this now, as I'm sure the mafia has already figured it out. I am the supposed bus driver; my Ghibli character is the Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro. I can divulge the specifics of my bus ability, if that ever becomes useful, but I'm not sure that it all needs to be out there.
    SEE, I was right about Portius. Accusign him made no sense. WHO IS WEIRD NOW SIDD.
  • Hello! I feel asleep on the sofa and it's 2.30am so briefly:

I tried to investigate Kaimanahi (it was a toss up between her or Cyndarin, or maybe finding out more about Sidd) but got carried into the air (by Shaddus?). Since there were no deaths does that mean mafia tried to kill me? That would have been a short game for me!

Tomorrow I stare at posts until I decide who's evil and who I trust. Back to sleep for now.
  • I can confirm @Thyelleia targetted @Kaimanahi
  • ROSTER

Ordassa  = tracker
    Thyelleia = role blocker, totoro
    Shaddus = jailer
    Sidd = vigilante, day & night kill powers
    Cyndarin = unknown
    Portius/Dys = power detective
    Kaimanahi = bus driver, cat bus

5 Townies & 2 mafia & 2 3rd party characters killed

who do we have to lynch to stay safe?
  • VOTE @Cyndarin (until something better turns up) @Sylandra
    Vote Count:
    @Cyndarin: Ordassa (1)

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Cyndarin will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Five will end at 10/14, Saturday, at 6:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    How could you possibly vote for me after I've pinged both the mafia and the arsonist correctly. Rofl. 
  • @Cyndarin because i don't have a better lead. I will unvote when we get one.

I'll give you Lady Eboshi (mafia, Arix) and 50% on the arsonist. Portius/ @Dys 'fessed up of his/her own accord after some prodding & under the threat of lynching. We more or less know all powers except yours. I wager it is a protective shield of some sort. you could be town or third party. not mafia certainly.

I am guessing (out of my ass that) we could be down to a maximum 2 mafia & 2 3rd party assuming 8 townies & 4 mafia & 4 3rd party.

I counted no face (othero) as 3rd party even though he was a converted townie
  • I'm going to believe Kaimanahi since what she says makes sense. The Catbus would be a perfect fit for the bus driver role. And most of the mafia members got safe claim options that make them appear as 'good' characters. Since there are no really 'bad' characters in My Neighbor Totoro I think that she's not bluffing and really the Catbus.
  • @Kaimanahi the catbus could be third party. it offers aid but is neither good nor bad
  • I've just looked up the Catbus and it's awesome.

Catching up to where the rest of you probably already are after 19 pages of posts:
    • I'll eat my (possibly nonexistent) hat if Shaddus is mafia.
    • I think Ordassa's fine too.
    • Sidd has been responsible for the deaths of more town than the mafia have, but accidents happen and he's got a knife. He said he killed Yarith with his only nightkill - mafia wouldn't do that without Yarith using the janitor power first and I don't think there's any other way for Yarith to have died. Small chance of 3rd party survivor but I think town is more likely.

Three I don't have a great feel for:
    • Kaimanahi - bus driving is confusing
    • Thyelleia - Blocker matches Kaimanahi's night but that's the first block that we've seen isn't it? Phoebus was a mafia blocker in Vivet's game.
    • Cyndarin - unknown power
  • Kaimanahi and Cyndarin have made more favourable calls so I'd point at Thyelleia.

There's a lot to process in 19 pages...
  • Yep, this one was my first block. N1 I did nothing since I wanted to wait until I found a good target, N2 my target was jailed and N3 I was jailed.
  • Also, Ordassa confirmed that I acted on Kaimanahi last night who did not die. If I was a mafia role blocker would it not make more sense for me to try and kill people who could be dangerous for the mafia instead of just blocking someone because I wanted to find out their power?
  • You had votes against you yesterday so one mafia vs five town would need an alibi/proven role to buy time? Everyone else's role has been seen. Apart from Cyndarin's.
    Based on claimed powers, Kaimanahi is probably the best choice. Bus driver can be a mafia power. The rest of the claimed powers don't read mafia. That's my only gut reaction right now.

Just to clarify for you guys, my power is limited death immunity. I won't go into details, but I survived the mafia's attempt to kill me because I was immune to the attack. 
  • UPDATED ROSTER

Ordassa  = tracker
    Thyelleia = role blocker, totoro
    Shaddus = jailer
    Sidd = vigilante, day & night kill powers
    Cyndarin = limited death immunity.
    Portius/Dys = power detective
    Kaimanahi = bus driver, cat bus

5 Townies & 2 mafia & 2 3rd party characters killed
    A possible maximum 2 mafia & 2 3rd party. Assuming 8 townies & 4 mafia & 4 3rd party.
  • Hrmmm, here Cyndarin is saying we should do something without actually doing it.

I wonder why that is. 
    Vote: Cyndarin

There's just something weird, I don't think you're acting like you normally would. If you think Kelly is guilty, then why not vote for her? She has zero votes at this point.

Vote Count:
    @Cyndarin: Ordassa, Sidd (2)

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Cyndarin will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

Daraius said:
  • Fine by me. Death immunity isn't as useful as a blocker providing Thyelleia is town. I think we're in a good position and don't think there's much more to learn in this day phase.

Vote Cyndarin
    Rofl, what is this game. I didn't say Kelly was guilty, I said that was my only gut reaction. Day doesn't end until Saturday, I was just offering a perspective to discuss. I don't need a vote to voice a perspective.

I'm...not sure what's going on. I'm a little bewildered that my name keeps getting brought up given I've established a consistent position this entire game. My instinct is it's either Kelly, if only because the process of power elimination really only leaves her as the likely mafia member. Though, that's not super compelling.

The other is someone is probably lying about their power. Based on the arguments being made, if that's the case, I think it's Sidd. He's outright stated I'm behaving "weird," without any real reasoning. He called my defense of Portius/Dys weird, but it turns out it was absolutely on the nose. He also killed Tremula on the same flimsy "acting weird" argument. I don't believe calling people weird is a compelling argument. He's also misrepresenting my posts. I never said Kelly was, his word, guilty. 

I am the only person to confront Arix, and he died, so any argument that I'm mafia can be dismissed outright.

So that leaves voting for me because you think I'm third party. Since arsonist is out, it's unlikely there'd be a SK and we have no evidence there's an SK. So, I suppose, you guys believe I'm a survivor of some sort? I don't know, the people voting for me haven't really explained what they think I am. The town should require them to do so, IMHO. 

After reading back over everything, I would also point out that Kelly very, very briefly skimmed over my Arix argument, but ultimately dismissed it as not particularly compelling. Just a point of observation for the future given that Arix was confirmed mafia. 

I'm half okay with letting this happen because ya'll deserve to look dumb for this. My death immunity was one shot so it has expired. For the town, I'd eyeball very carefully who votes for me if ya'll decide to go through with this. 

I have no idea if this helps cause I've never seen it, but I'm Nausicaa. 

As for me, I'm okay with Sidd or Kelly for the reasons listed above.