The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• @Cyndarin i only voted to flush out a better target. I will swap once it has presented itself
  • day ends saturday 6pm est. plenty of time
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'm a vote away from a lynch, so sure there's plenty of time, but I can be sniped whenever someone decides to finish the day.
  • You're just a lot of talk, but no action, which is unlike you.

You're trying to drive the bus, but not pressing on the gas so to say. 

If you look at the arguments you've made, it's just been all talk. 

What I will say is that I'm ok with either Kelly or Dys at this point because one was blocked and the other was jailed. 

But I finally got you to open up a bit more.

Unvote:
    Vote: Kaimanahi

• @Cyndarin good point. which character?
  • I've just looked up Totoro.

That's terrifying. In fact, now I've stared at it for several minutes...

Unvote
    Vote Thyelleia

And yes, best not to snipe before Shaddus and Kaimanahai have a say.
    Ordassa said:
    @Cyndarin good point. which character?
    Nausicaa, and my life was restored by Ohmu. Which, according to google, is the alien slug thing in my picture. 
  • @Cyndarin ok! who would you vote to lynch? i trust your judgement call on this!

UNVOTE @Sylandra
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Kaimanahi said:

As far as the search for scum, I have to agree that Arix has been all over the place with his posts, and Othero has been pretty free with his votes and otherwise has lurked, more or less. I don't really get a read on Thyelleia or Lehki, but if Lehki can help corroborate information on any future bus driving, maybe that's useful to let play out.

@Cyndarin sorry, but I don't know what you're referencing when you said that I dismissed your Arix argument. The quote above where I agree, as opposed to a slew of other people who didn't weigh in at all and/or didn't vote in that lynch? Also let's not ignore the context: your Arix vote was a "take a shot" at one of the unknown players, and it so happened to be the person who was questioning you. For all we know, you wanted to silence the questions about you (questions which, by the way, are still being asked today). Was that a compelling argument to follow? I was articulate in why I chose to vote for Thyelleia; that's not being dismissive. And to be discussed later, my position on Thyelleia hasn't changed.

I'll also note from that quote that, while I didn't want to come out as the bus driver when you were all lynch-happy over it, I encouraged that Lehki could later corroborate my bus actions. I haven't tried to cover up my actions, and I can justify my positions and actions as pro-town.

I respect Sidd's vote, which at least has the basis of my being blocked, but I think there is more to discuss and uncover here.

(I'm going out for the night so can't add more right now, but I'll check back tomorrow and share my opinions.)
  • Hey guys, i am out for the next 12 hrs
    Ah, you could be right. I can't find the post I was referencing but I'm juggling at work. It could've not been you, so ignore that comment!
    vote: Kaimanahi

Sidd makes a good point. It's one or the other based on the lack of kill last night. I think last night has narrowed down our options. Dys is a tough sale because he pointed out the arsonist. Though that doesn't necessarily exempt him. Thinking more about it, I believe mafia has had power detectives in past games.

So kill one today jail the other. Win win.

*tough sell
  • It's not necessarily one or the other because jailing protects too, doesn't it? So if mafia targeted me it'd fail.
  • And mafia already had a one shot power detective (I think it was one shot). 
  • Yarith: Consigliere: You can investigate a player's identity and ability each night. (Died night 2, on page 8).

So not one shot. Anyway, bed time. Night!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Kaimanahi: Sidd, Cyndarin (2)
    @Thyelleia: Dys (1)

With seven alive, it takes four to reach majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Kaimanahi will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Five will end at 10/14, Saturday, at 6:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VOTE KAIMANAHI

my money is on her being thirdparty
  • Got to bold it @Ordassa

Shaddus and Thyelleia are the only other ones that haven't voted yet (yet as in when Ordassa votes correctly)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ugh.

I still say Dys is a mafia, but w/e. VOTE:KAIMANAHI
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I mean, if you want to go by process of elimination, I guess there's nothing I can say, and I just hope you eventually find the remaining scum. At this point, they're highly incentivized to not kill and just let us pick at each other. I'll just throw out the fact that there hasn't been an apparent mafia kill since... night 1? Night 2 if you count the attempt on Cyndarin, if you believe her. So now all of a sudden there's no mafia kill and you suspect me for being blocked, despite there being any number of reasons for no mafia kill (a constant for the majority of this game).

@Ordassa, if I am a third party survivor, then why are you voting for me? Shouldn't you instead be trying to identify and vote out scum? I mean, it's not likely that I'm 3p, considering my ability, but if I was, then I'm not a threat to town. If you want to vote me out, then do so under the conclusion that you think I am scum.

Vote Thyelleia

I don't see why town would have a jailer and blocker, especially when there are so many town abilities in the game. When you came under some scrutiny, you claimed something like your ability was something that town couldn't live without and overstated your importance. You also generally evaded my question about your motives with Saobutt. Plus the fluff around my block from last night indicated that I was intimidated into not acting.

Man, if I go down for making a conscious decision to get blocked last night, then... idk, I rest my case. 

@Shaddus the sheep in this game are real. If you want to vote for Dys, then vote for him. Dunno why people are trying to silence me long before the day ends. 
  • If you call a big fluffy being sleeping in front of somebody intimidating then so be it. Or you are lying about the fluff to make me appear more suspicious. I acted on Saobutt on N2 because I wanted to see what would happen if I blocked her. She was saying some things that did not go well together though I believed her to 90% but I wanted to make sure and block her to see how she might react. Also, I never said that my ability was something that the town cannot live without. I merely called it valuable.

Maybe, I should not have blocked you. I did it because you were one of the greatest sceptics and I wanted to prove that I have a town power. Well, that backfired. Instead I got the image as a fluffy murderer who chooses to sleep in front of people instead of killing them...for a whole game. If I was mafia, why would I choose to use blocking instead of killing during the whole game?

Also we are not sure how exactly your ability works. It sounds like you can decide after you know the action being taken on you because you said that you chose being blocked. Or did you mean that you chose not to swap beforehand which resulted in a block because you had nobody to swap with?
  • Sadly, I also have to say that I must leave this game because of flat reasons. I did not know that I would still be without a flat at this point in time (I already contacted about 100 ads but only heard back from 4) when I signed up for the game. My new job in a different city starts in two weeks and I still have no place to sleep there (if it comes to the worst, I'll take Airbnb for a while but I'd still prefer an actual room) so I have some pretty intense flat hunting to do locally and probably no time to check in regularly :( I'm sorry. If you know somebody who would like to play in my stead, please message Sylandra.
    I knew you were likely to block me because you said you tried to do it the night before. I could have used my ability to redirect your action off of me (you'll remember this happened Night 2, when Lehki tried to attack me). So I thought that maybe if you blocked me, I'd have a fair alibi, or if for some reason you didn't block me, then I'd use my redirect to protect someone else, rather than just save myself.

Sorry you have to leave the game, though. :( Best of luck with your search!

I'll Vote Nobody until that's all sorted.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2017
    Gentle reminder that votes must be in bold to count!

Vote Count:
    @Kaimanahi: Sidd, Cyndarin, Shaddus (3)
    @Thyelleia: Dys (1)
    Nobody: Kaimanahi (1)

With seven alive, it takes four to reach majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Kaimanahi will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Five will end at 10/14, Saturday, at 6:00 PM EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.)

*Reminder that we are looking for a replacement player for Thyelleia! If she is not replaced by the end of the dayphase, her role will be modvigged. PM me if you're interested.*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UNVOTE Kaimanahi's character the cat bus is a neutral or good one. Ditto thyelleia. totoro is a good character

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    unvote, vote: Dys

any time I've jailed portius or his replacement, nobody died from the mafia the next day. Just saying.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You jailed Portius on night 1 and Silvanus died, so last night's the only time you jailed me and no one died. Also the only night Portius/I didn't discover a power!
  • Apart from night 1, when jailed, obviously...

Time to sleep.