The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

1161718192022»

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I was really surprised with how many people spilled the beans early on. That gave the mafia a lot of information, but at the same time, it also enabled town to quickly converge on suspects and use their utilities well. GG all around!

@Sidd, man, you stooped us. You killed Yarith the same night that he tried to investigate you, so we started operating under the assumption that you were a veteran (what are the odds?!). I was infatuated with dreams of redirecting people onto you for mass murders. :(

Sorry @Saobutt / @Ess. Gottem.

@Lehki broest of bros, how dare you try to douse me N2? But funnily enough I sent you to Othero, so, lul.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    TL;DR: I suck at being town. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • uh guys? why wasnt i lynched or night killed?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    @Tremula Portius thought you were playing weird and could be the arsonist, so that's why I flipped the vote on you (and then we all blamed Sidd lul). Then I came up with the arsonist theory like 10 minutes later.
  • It appears I'm a master at making myself suspicious even when I am totally innocent. In the only other mafia game I played elsewhere, I was mafia and did an even worse job xD

Thanks to everybody for playing with me and to @Sylandra for hosting the game!
  • I really wanted to use my power, but people flip-flopped so much
  • Thanks @Sylandra for a fun game! This is prolly my second mafia game so I'm terribly sorry if I sucked XD
    I feel like I failed you @Ess haha! Perhaps we can fight it out in the next mafia game =D
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2017
    Sidd said:
    For the record - I was totally right about Portius. I'm not sure if he really knew that Lehki was the arsonist or if it was a stab in the dark. 

And Cyndarin was being weird. 
    Maybe, I was trying to be casual since going aggro usually makes people crawl up my butt the whole game and I lost my immunity early. So I suppose that, in a sense, was weird. Either way, I got a lot right this game which...never happens. 

Turns out playing casual also causes people to crawl up my butt. A bitch can't win!
    edited October 2017
    PS I liked mob mentality. It felt less stressful. Convincing everyone to reach a majority can be a real PITA.

also: I killed Arix AND survived his attack. That vengeance was many years in the making.
  • Basicly what went down was after the mafia revealed our powers to eachother , I volunteered to be the night killer, BUT I also volunteered as lynch decoy. IE if people started getting aggressive I would start acting squirrely and that way if I drew a lynch the other living mafia could jump on the train and look good
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Cyndarin said:
    Sidd said:
    For the record - I was totally right about Portius. I'm not sure if he really knew that Lehki was the arsonist or if it was a stab in the dark. 

And Cyndarin was being weird. 
    Maybe, I was trying to be casual since going aggro usually makes people crawl up my butt the whole game and I lost my immunity early. So I suppose that, in a sense, was weird. Either way, I got a lot right this game which...never happens. 

Turns out playing casual also causes people to crawl up my butt. A bitch can't win!
    It worked for me, I generally kept quiet and ended up winning for once.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Also @Cyndarin you didn't kill me, I daykilled myself
  • At best you drove the lynch rickshaw
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    Also @Cyndarin you didn't kill me, I daykilled myself
    You were dead either way, to be fair!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • the more i read, the bigger my astonishment grows at the fact town won.
  • It didn't really matter anyhow, I volunteered to be the lynch bait day 1
    YOU STILL FAILED TO KILL ME, YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT WAY FROM ME
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Wait, so why didn't I die to poison? Not sure what happened there, but pretty hilarious that Portius was the one to poison AND use a night kill on me.

And while I hemmed and hawwed over my suspect list while dead, it's very satisfying to know I pretty much fingered out all the scum before I died - just didn't narrow down the pool enough to make it too easy or comfortable enough for myself.

Portius' fake claim felt pretty convincing to me, so good job on maneuvering that one.

@Sylandra For your point 1 of general thoughts, I think you succeeded pretty well. While I didn't see all the night PMs, it was pretty clear people had a lot of difficulty pinpointing things, or pinning a role to a character (outside of Calcifer as arsonist). For point 6, I feel like if I survived until late game and a mafia had to counterclaim protector against me, that could have been a very effective maneuver. Same with firefighter, since I know I didn't see myself getting doused - it's just in this particular game, neither of these opportunities cropped up. See  also: people doubting Ordassa early on despite his early claim, simply because his target choices had been "convenient", as we have put it.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Vivet said:

Wait, so why didn't I die to poison? Not sure what happened there, but pretty hilarious that Portius was the one to poison AND use a night kill on me.

You didn't die to poison because I got jailed when I tried to poison you. Power didn't go through.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ooooh, right. I totally forgot you were jailed first night.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    <3 Vivet for protecting me

<\3 for Dys who kept trying to kill me. Booooooo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That was fun, thanks all!

And Shaddus, if you hadn't kept jailing me then I wouldn't have kept trying <3
  • @Dys why didnt you attempt to off me?
  • There wasn't really time. Shaddus and Thyelleia could block night kills and we didn't have any more unblocked night actions from when I joined. You were a convincing town by that point so not a realistic lynch priority.
  • I probably should have held off on igniting, but when Othero revealed he had picked up the fire fighter power, I just really wanted to knock him out of the game.  Was also disappointed that both investigators died right away before they could try looking at me, would have had a much better shot in that case. D:
  • saobutt said:
    Thanks @Sylandra for a fun game! This is prolly my second mafia game so I'm terribly sorry if I sucked XD
    I feel like I failed you @Ess haha! Perhaps we can fight it out in the next mafia game =D

It was only my second game as well.

It is really wierd playing to protect a second person
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s