Simple questions?

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Been very out of date. Is it officially safe to trade in coltsfoot, myrtle and faeleaf pipes?
  • Rivius said:
    Been very out of date. Is it officially safe to trade in coltsfoot, myrtle and faeleaf pipes?
    Should just need steam now. Only thing I can think of on coltsfoot is lowering insomnia, which I should honestly just add to the 'relax' verb.

If anybody finds anything else on those, message me directly in-game and I'll move stuff around.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • The only downside to not having a coltsfoot pipe instead of just relaxing insomnia is for dreamweavers, who are the only ones with a reason to want to relax insomnia while not masochistic. 

• Ianir said:
    Rivius said:
    Should just need steam now. Only thing I can think of on coltsfoot is lowering insomnia, which I should honestly just add to the 'relax' verb.

If anybody finds anything else on those, message me directly in-game and I'll move stuff around.

To late. It already exists.
  • Veyils said:

Ianir said:
    Rivius said:

Ya, I think the problem is that RELAX INSOMNIA requires masochism? So if you want to RELAX in combat, you need coltsfoot pipe.
  • Enya said:
    The only downside to not having a coltsfoot pipe instead of just relaxing insomnia is for dreamweavers, who are the only ones with a reason to want to relax insomnia while not masochistic. 
    Ejderha said:
    Veyils said:

Ianir said:
    Rivius said:

Ya, I think the problem is that RELAX INSOMNIA requires masochism? So if you want to RELAX in combat, you need coltsfoot pipe.
    Uh, no? Dreamweavers have Control, rendering Imsomnia irrelevant.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Has the @Admin considered advertising on quora? it has a higher concentration of word loving nerds & coders than most.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2017
    Tylwyth said:
    Enya said:
    The only downside to not having a coltsfoot pipe instead of just relaxing insomnia is for dreamweavers, who are the only ones with a reason to want to relax insomnia while not masochistic. 
    Ejderha said:
    Veyils said:

Ianir said:
    Rivius said:

Control doesn't respect your own insomnia - I have to smoke coltsfoot if I ever want to do some out-of-body dreamweaving for a time in the middle of combat. Leaving insomnia off is a no-go as well because even though you can't be put to sleep from any combat ability specifically, stupidity aff procs can make you fall asleep at very inopportune times.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/rOGVK7ls

EDIT: Oh, and the DEEPSLEEP syntax doesn't work either. That might've been my actual point here.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Maligorn said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Enya said:
    Ejderha said:
    Veyils said:

Ianir said:
    Rivius said:

Control doesn't respect your own insomnia - I have to smoke coltsfoot if I ever want to do some out-of-body dreamweaving for a time in the middle of combat. Leaving insomnia off is a no-go as well because even though you can't be put to sleep from any combat ability specifically, stupidity aff procs can make you fall asleep at very inopportune times.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/rOGVK7ls

EDIT: Oh, and the DEEPSLEEP syntax doesn't work either. That might've been my actual point here.
    Oh, I think he meant that you don't need to upkeep insomnia as a dreamweaver when you have control. Didn't think of it either, but I think it's true.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited October 2017
    Noobos not using relax insomnia. - I think you just use control like Aeldra said. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • You have to upkeep insomnia even if you have Control because of those stupidity procs. Trust me, it's gotten me into trouble before :(

• edited October 2017
    Uh Yep. it's a weird quirk, but it's a good idea to have insomnia up as a dreamweaver, stupidity treats it as if you entered the command, things like control or forced action resist don't come into it
  • edited October 2017
    Anyone else getting significant lag today? Walking seems to be like 1/10th the speed, for example.
  • Ixion said:
    Anyone else getting significant lag today? Walking seems to be like 1/10th the speed, for example.
    CHANGELOG 1098. 
  • Q: Who can explain masochism to me? (yes, I know what it means irl; just the Lusternia version, please!)
  • Ianir said:
    Ixion said:
    CHANGELOG 1098. 
    It seems a lot better this morning, thank you!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Versalean said:
    Q: Who can explain masochism to me? (yes, I know what it means irl; just the Lusternia version, please!)
    Thank you for asking that, and thank you @Ianir for explaining.   :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ianir said:
    It was kind of useless other than that since, you know, punches barely did damage and it didn't happen too often.
    10/10 swear down I once hit an Achaean (or was it Midkemian?) midbie with masochism/recklessness and watched him kill himself with a punch to the jaw. I am a man with full control of my bladder, but that one tested it for sure.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lusternia killed me once with masochism.

Back during the era when it was an affliction, there was an Ascension event.  I was competing.  Max insanity gives random mental afflictions, and when Ascension ends the entire game is frozen while the winner picks a new name.  Insanity was not cleared until after the name was picked.

So the trial ended, we all got frozen.  Sometime after that Insanity afflicted me with Masochism.  I then spent the next ten or so minutes watching my character so-excruciatingly-slowly punch himself to death.

Then I was frozen as a soul for a while too.
  • Victim of old-masochism checking in here, too. I believe it was during an Ixthiaxa revolt, lucky(?) last hit.

• edited October 2017
    Can we please, please, please get a help file for genies? :innocent:

Or if someone can throw out all the details here on the forums, that'd be really nice too!
  • edited October 2017
    Chirbi said:
    Can we please, please, please get a help file for genies? :innocent:

Or if someone can throw out all the details here on the forums, that'd be really nice too!

There are 3 collections (red, blue, yellow), each collection is the normal 4 curios per. Each bottle lets you rub it once an IG month for goop, a coin, present, or palette. Goop is 1-5 per bottle, up to a max of 50 goop. Each bottle after the max results in 1 goop (when it gives goop). This 50 goop cap is shared between the Treasure map curio and Ur'traps as well. The collection power is a 1/8 vital buff of the color (red is health, blue is mana, yellow is ego).
  • What are the most common damage types (PvE and PvP)? I.e., what damage resistance tattoos should I be getting...
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2017
    Was randomly looking at the zombie skin arti and noticed I overlooked it grants access to the eyeblast ability. Has anyone found utility in that particular feature?
  • Arkh said:
    What are the most common damage types (PvE and PvP)? I.e., what damage resistance tattoos should I be getting...
    A real PVPer can smack me down if I'm wrong, but:

'Common' damage depends on who you're fighting. Against Mag you might find yourself facing more excorable, and perhaps against Gaudi you'll see more fire. Wyrdenwoods seem to revolve around cutting and poison (not sure about the rest of the Swarm...). However, you don't want to just focus on common damage, but also on the damage that's going to do you the most harm. So it's like the whole risk assessment formula where Risk = Hazard (how bad it would be if it occurred)*Likelihood (how frequently it's going to occur). As such, the answer to your question seems to depend to some extent on your faction.

e.g. As a Crow user, Versalean getting hit with divinus is like a glass of evian in the White Witch's face - which is compounded by the fact that a good many enemies of Wyrd have access to divinus damage.

Image result for know your foe

NB. That said, there may be a general type of damage that gets tossed about that I'm not aware of, so do get further input.

• Rivius said:
    Was randomly looking at the zombie skin arti and noticed I overlooked it grants access to the eyeblast ability. Has anyone found utility in that particular feature?

Nope, it takes too long to charge up to really be more than a one-off cheese that does a bit more damage than your average skill.
  • How do I actually get the autocuring system to use scroll and sparkleberry? It doesn't seem to be working right with them...
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    How do I actually get the autocuring system to use scroll and sparkleberry? It doesn't seem to be working right with them...
    Generally, if something isn't working as expected, the best bet is to give the behaviour it is doing right now so we can figure out what might went wrong. Until then, the best I can really offer is "It's working for other people to my knowledge. You might have something misconfigured."
  • Arkh said:
    What are the most common damage types (PvE and PvP)? I.e., what damage resistance tattoos should I be getting...

Bashing the most common damage you'll be hit with is cutting and blunt I think.

Combat its really dependant on who you are fighting.

Warriors Monks do physical cutting and or blunt together sometimes. Some do a bit of extra like 1/6 of their damage is psychic etc.

Sort of ignoring the guardian specs for this as they tend not to be the big damage dealers but as a rough guide:

Halli Throws out a lot of psychic Magic, Asphyxiation and Electric damage.
    Gaudi: Throws around a lot of fire, Asphyxiation and Psychic
    Celest: Fire, Divinus, Cold and Asphyxiation
    Glom: Poison, asphyx and exco mainly but a heavier lean to Poison.
    mag: Poison, asphyx and exco mainly.
    Seren: Asphyx, electric and magic