Gaudiguch & Hallifax Monks Released!

Let us know what you think of the skillsets and the awesome release event!

Comments

• Hippie grandpa nunchuk bear approves so far, but also has not monked in a long time
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Not so good for my wallet, but looking good. Wasn't expecting Zarakido.
  • Release event: awesome.

Skillsets: awesome.

Excitement level: super hype.

Appreciation level: soaring B)

• Yessssss
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Immensely impressed, especially about the flavor of Zarakido. Well done to all of those involved, especially @Kalikai, who I know has probably been slaving over this for a very long time.

Also, this made me chuckle

NUNCHAKU - MARJGONA

Syntax:    KA MARJGONA <target> <bodypart>
    Kata:      Grapple
    Bodypart:  Head
    Stance:    Twist

You can use your nunchaku to force your opponent to partake in the sweet
    sensation of smoking some good ol' weed. It'll also make smoking further
    difficult!

Head: Asthma

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Release event has been awesome. The skill designs are really unique and, though I haven't seen them in action, I am very excited to play with them. Zarakido in particular looks amazing.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I was asleep for the event (4am my time D:) but from what I'm hearing from everyone who has been waiting for this, it's been worth the wait! I am hyped (and will get busy designing fans).
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • I really loved the event, the skills look really fun and exciting, I love the innovative ideas that feel very new. The only thing - as though I could even ask for more - would be post-mortem on the event. Like... We did a bunch of stuff... And some of it seemed to work? And then other things happened. Then Hallimonks!  I have no idea whether we did 'right' things or 'won' or anything, other than that we did get Hallimonks. Reward our flailing with positive reinforcement! :joy:
  • I think the event is still ongoing.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited October 2017
    Alright, initial thoughts after a small amount of testing:

• Enigmaticflow being reset on log out is annoying, since this includes disconnects so you have to re-build it every time.
    • Would be nice if there was an enigmaticflow balance in gmcp.Char.Vitals
    • ThousandCuts/Yonghengqishi scale at 12.5% max hp per spiritual/mental affliction (not counting a few like timewarp/temp insanity) and with burst the most you can give is 5 at 750+ hemorrhaging so even without any curing in between that's only 62.5% max hp in damage. Compare this to the weakened state mechanic that the other monks have where using burst at 750+ hemorrhaging that just lets them instakill after using burst and there is a huge difference in power/viability in 1v1.
    • On the other hand, these might scale much better in groups. The fact that these are gated behind the killer stance might make this less of an issue, but with how quickly hexen guardians (particularly Illuminati) can give mental affs, or how bards can keep aurics on people with octave, might mean these can be used to quickly kill people.
    • Zarakido probably makes these classes the best pve classes in the game. In terms of sheer speed they'll be hard to compete against in events like Death/Harmony, but they also lack some of the utility that something like Stealth Veil will give in these events.
    • CalmingWind (sprawl + pacify to all enemies) and Longhuxi (blackout + amnesia + confusion to all enemies) are both fairly weak for 5p. I'm assuming the blackout is fairly short here. I don't really see either of these being used much at all.
    • Xuanmu (1p transfix that bypasses sixthsense) is too good for its cost. Compare this to how difficult and expensive it is to transfix people with glamours and this skill can do it in a single balance for a single power with no set up. I would suggest increasing it to 3 power.
  • As a note, a zarakido monk can give up to 8 mental/spiritual afflictions during a burst if you count poisons, both steam and lucidityslush have at least 3 afflictions in their pool that count for the kill purposes.
  • Kalikai said:
    As a note, a zarakido monk can give up to 8 mental/spiritual afflictions during a burst if you count poisons, both steam and lucidityslush have at least 3 afflictions in their pool that count for the kill purposes.
    Ah, forgot about poisons, but even still, those aren't guaranteed affs, and it is likely that at least two are cured before the next attack so it's still a large burst of damage vs straight up instakilling.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Will kephera/illithoid get a weapon spec bonus, or alternatively a Zarakido bonus?
  • Ejderha said:
    I really loved the event, the skills look really fun and exciting, I love the innovative ideas that feel very new. The only thing - as though I could even ask for more - would be post-mortem on the event. Like... We did a bunch of stuff... And some of it seemed to work? And then other things happened. Then Hallimonks!  I have no idea whether we did 'right' things or 'won' or anything, other than that we did get Hallimonks. Reward our flailing with positive reinforcement! :joy:
    The event was designed to give all of you time to play with and be excited about the classes - hence the 'pause'. Things will be continuing later today.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aramel said:
    I was asleep for the event (4am my time D:) but from what I'm hearing from everyone who has been waiting for this, it's been worth the wait! I am hyped (and will get busy designing fans).
    Note we do have a Shevat forging cartel, ijs.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ushaara said:
    Will kephera/illithoid get a weapon spec bonus, or alternatively a Zarakido bonus?
    Illthoid/Kephera will get same bonus as the other monk specs.
  • Nerf Hallimonks, aeon kick OP
  • Tessen? Oh meh gerd it’s like I always dreamed