Simple questions?

Comments

• Oh thats for resistances for you. For bashing attacks general rule of thumb is divinus and fire are the best damage types.
  • Do unpriced items still decay in stockrooms?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Did anyone log the events of the plague??
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ianir said:
    Tridemon said:
    How do I actually get the autocuring system to use scroll and sparkleberry? It doesn't seem to be working right with them...
    Generally, if something isn't working as expected, the best bet is to give the behaviour it is doing right now so we can figure out what might went wrong. Until then, the best I can really offer is "It's working for other people to my knowledge. You might have something misconfigured."
    I'm not exactly sure what I could have possibly misconfigured, but I AC RESET and now it works, so there's that.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited October 2017
    Nvm
  • If a great house doesn't do "enough" stuff in a year, their honour falls. Is "enough" defined by number of ticks or the amount of honour that you generated?
  • Honor score increase. 
  • If a Pyrochemancer buys a phoenix egg from a Pyromancer, are they considered enough of a Pyromancer to get the extra phoenix stuff?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Arix said:
    If a Pyrochemancer buys a phoenix egg from a Pyromancer, are they considered enough of a Pyromancer to get the extra phoenix stuff?
    I think you can only get a mage beast if you have the skill. Like I can make a thunderbird but I can't trade it, to my knowledge.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pretty sure that was changed... I know Allixea was collecting those beasts recently, for example.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Xenthos said:
    Pretty sure that was changed... I know Allixea was collecting those beasts recently, for example.
    Huh, really? :o Wonder how long that's been a thing.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited October 2017
    Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Huh, really? :o Wonder how long that's been a thing.
    Since 2017-05-19T04:16:22Z

Changelog 849

Arix said:
    If a Pyrochemancer buys a phoenix egg from a Pyromancer, are they considered enough of a Pyromancer to get the extra phoenix stuff?
    The guild beast inherant is based on skillset, not class. You have to be a pyromancer to use it, not a pyrochemancer.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • did the PATH WALK command get removed at some point recently?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1064 ]--------------------------<

Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly Date: 2017-10-08 17:12:20

o The PATH command has been 100% overhauled.

- No maximum room limit.

- PATH FIND <location> works the same as before, save that you have to

PATH GO to start walking.

- PATH TRACK <location> combines PATH FIND and PATH GO.

- PATH FIND/PATH TRACK now ignore enemy territory.

- If you absolutely want to go through enemy territory, you can use

PATH SHORTEST <location>.

- Know a room name, but not a number? You're in luck! PATH SEARCH

<name> is now a thing.

- TODO: Ignore specific rooms and areas. Technically already coded in,

there's just no command to actually add rooms/areas to it.

EDIT: Also, it swims if you don't have waterwalk/equiv

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Arix said:
    did the PATH WALK command get removed at some point recently?
    The main difference is that you do PATH TRACK <roomnum> instead of PATH WALK <roomnum>.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Has anyone done much research on how many mends you can get on each item type? Ideally I'd like to tank that prestige as much as possible, but I usually just quit the second I reach tawdry. Ianir told us earlier on this thread that the point at which it becomes tawdry is independent from the max mends of each item.

@Kerith @Kagato
    For all the effort you put into this... why not a scarecrow hat and red tailoring bows?  Or at least just the red tailoring bows since you can get those by making tailoring things.
  • Xenthos said:
    For all the effort you put into this... why not a scarecrow hat and red tailoring bows?  Or at least just the red tailoring bows since you can get those by making tailoring things.
    I would think it's a scholarly interest and/or for potential resale. I had several customers ask about this because it was so hard to find low-prestige items in shops. It seemed to cost too much time and money to make items very low-prestige for resale.
    Yeah, it absolutely does (which is why I am bringing up alternatives).  I am not actually sure why you can't intentionally wreck some clothing to make it look tawdry (just halve the decay time remaining and make it unmendable entirely to indicate that the tailor who did so basically dismantled the thing instead of wearing out over time), but lacking something like that it seems to be way more effort than it is worth.

I find the red tailoring bows to be very handy instead.
  • I don't use bows @Xenthos. I've yet to generate a bow (I speculate mending doesn't factor in) and spending money on them would mean I'd never break-even on their cost through begging. I do have a scarecrow hat and charity rune though.

@Kerith pretty much hit the nail on the head! It's just an obscure but neat mechanic in the game which is, for me, the fun part. Always another silly, overly detailed feature. My only competition for selling tawdry clothes is shrubbed at the moment and set the ceiling very high for cost. Making tawdry is a big to do though, you're 100% right. I even suggested an artifact to help with it. A few months ago I just sewed hundreds and hundreds of items for the mending, so once you do that initial commitment it's not too hard to have a constant flow of items to mend. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2017
    I'd like to see a new ability in tailoring myself, or even a new function added to the tailoring shears - perhaps something like

Tailoring - Tatter
    Deliberately inflict premature wear and tear on a piece of clothing to cause it to look less prestigious. (Doing so will take up 1 mend counter and will not reset the durability duration). A piece of clothing can only be tattered once per weave (so you can't just make a pile of clothing and tatter it all down to squalid in one hit)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Aside from Elite weaponsmith and damage types, are there any other runes that can go on kata weapons right now?
  • Gripping?
  • We get gripping as a skill anyway though.
  • Yeah, and enchantment isn't super useful cause magic items. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Can you actually put gripping runes on forged weapons? I've always wanted to do it since I get annoyed of having to relax grip and regrip all the time. >.>
  • Doest the gripping rune just give you the grip skill?
  • the three runes actually all reference cudgels, staves, symbols, and athames. So maybe no
  • Last year the solstice promo gave coal pieces, if they've already been shaped (little coal boy for ex.) can they still be traded away?