Simple Ideas

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2017
    Ess said:
    Can the milestone for Avechna's Peak go to the top of Avechna's peak? It is sort of half way between the aetherplex and the portal of fate and neither here nor there
    I think the main reason for it only going to where it does may be because there was (and may still be) an active limitation of 50 rooms away from your origin that can be plotted using the PATH command.  Beyond that, you got an error saying that the place you wanted to go was too far away.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • The milestones are all at crossroads of sorts and the Avechna's Peak one is no different. It's where the Northern Mountains meets Avechna's Peak.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Questing, I'd really like to see a message when items reset out of your inventory like "You seem to have misplaced x"
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Falaeron said:
    The milestones are all at crossroads of sorts and the Avechna's Peak one is no different. It's where the Northern Mountains meets Avechna's Peak.

Now you say it I remember - treasure maps should have taught me that!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Aeldra said:
    Questing, I'd really like to see a message when items reset out of your inventory like "You seem to have misplaced x"
    If you want I can set up a little script to alert you via GMCP.  It will be spammy when you offer stuff though.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    something I would like to see in general is, if an area has enemy stati and the person being able to allevate enemy status is someone who needs to be summoned / quested to get access to them, that they have some subordinate that can always be accessed for amnesty/parley. This is especially interesting for quests that are banned for your orgs ( Shallamurine comes to mind ). I wouldn't mind if the amnesty wasn't as powerful if it's not the leader.

Also, could mobs maybe say who is responsible for amnesty if you try to influence them with amnesty / parley them?
  • Let the first letter of prefixes be lowercase, you can already do this for suffix.
    Xenthos said:
    POLITICS ENEMYSTATUSNAME shows who to ask for amnesty.
    that works for denizen controlled areas? huh, you never stop learning, thanks.
    in the manse portal room:

manse listsigils

shows you what sigils are where in your manse and how many more months they have on decay time.

The main reason I want this, is that I make extensive use of key sigils to allow people their private rooms and I recently had someone trapped unintentionally in a room because the key sigil on the one side of the room was decayed and the one on the other was not, thus making the door close and they were unable to open it back up.
  • When someone wins a commune/city cartel trademaster election, could they be notified by a MESSAGE too?
  • Can we have it so you don't have to dismiss a beast before you can summon it to your location? <3
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Beast whistle does not work cross plane / continent.  There is an artifact for that, but iirc it is priced pretty prohibitively.  I just dismiss / resummon.

The artifact really should not be more than 100cr imo, since whistle/muster works for combat situations (same plane), so all it is really good for is a little convenience.
  • Thanks @Ianir! Really love the in-depth on that one, having only heard vague guesses at why some customizing/aliases are hard over the years.
  • So wait, platonic formalism is literally true in Lusternia?
  • Moi said:
    So wait, platonic formalism is literally true in Lusternia?
    Was waiting for someone to point this out  :)
  • Please, please, please, put some sort of limitations on shouting multiple things in 10 minutes.
  • Could tattooists have the ability to reinfuse their personal tattoos at some cost?

It would let them replace the effects they have without having to track another one down but they'd still need one to get the initial design done.

Would allow for adjustments if desired (could swap into charisma when going influencing, or even change your set up if you're going to swap to another class) but it's not as broadly useful as the flayed skin given you'd need to actually have tattoos active. And could just be a bit nice as a personal use for the trade.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Interesting idea.  Unfortunately envoy reports are shut down right now so may have to bring it back up again in January as a reminder for someone to snag as a QoL.
  • Mrak said:
    Moi said:
    So wait, platonic formalism is literally true in Lusternia?
    Was waiting for someone to point this out  :)
    I looked this up and still don't know what it means. Halp.
  • Platonism and Formalism are different things with similar terms, which may be adding to your confusion here. 
  • A basic idea of Platonism is that there is a conceptual realm populated by perfect forms that serve as templates for experienced things. These non-experienced non-physical Idea forms are the more correct, true representation of reality In other words, there's a perfect Idea of a tree upon which all of our experiences of physical trees are based. 
  • While I like the idea of commune shops being connected to the Aetherplex (yay bringing business local!), could they also be regulated by the shop marketing like aethershops are? It sort of defeats the purpose of forking out a bit of gold to get higher on the shop list, thanks! :)
  • edited November 2017
    Anita said:
    While I like the idea of commune shops being connected to the Aetherplex (yay bringing business local!), could they also be regulated by the shop marketing like aethershops are? It sort of defeats the purpose of forking out a bit of gold to get higher on the shop list, thanks! :)
    Considering it treats them like manses, it should be already. Unless people somehow gained access to marketing commands, which shouldn't be possible. Shop search code was actually 100% unchanged, and all linking a shop is is creating a manse entry in the database and pointing its canonical room to it.

EDIT: Please feel free to message me both your manse (with marketing) and the org shop you're seeing, and I can look into it if this is, indeed, happening.

EDIT2: Also, this would quite obviously be a bug. Please BUG bugs.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Let us check ABs for dormant skills o:) 
  • Ianir said:
    Anita said:
    While I like the idea of commune shops being connected to the Aetherplex (yay bringing business local!), could they also be regulated by the shop marketing like aethershops are? It sort of defeats the purpose of forking out a bit of gold to get higher on the shop list, thanks! :)
    Considering it treats them like manses, it should be already. Unless people somehow gained access to marketing commands, which shouldn't be possible. Shop search code was actually 100% unchanged, and all linking a shop is is creating a manse entry in the database and pointing its canonical room to it.

EDIT: Please feel free to message me both your manse (with marketing) and the org shop you're seeing, and I can look into it if this is, indeed, happening.

EDIT2: Also, this would quite obviously be a bug. Please BUG bugs.
    I submitted a bug today, thanks!
  • Mrak said:
    Let us check ABs for dormant skills o:) 
    Let us check all ABs in game
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited November 2017
    I know this is a topic discussed before in the past, but I was wondering if we could revisit the possibility of making wands not have to be wielded? It would be a nice QOL change that would prevent warriors, for example, from having to ungrip, wield, use wand, rewield sword, grip. Just less spam and things to keep track of.