The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• I really need to stop waiting to post what I type for food breaks..

@Sylandra as much as I find town side bus drivers a chaos tool, Id still rather not do the mafia's job for them. Would you kindly unvote Sidd? would you as well @Yasei. His claim on exactly how he used his bus driving makes to much sense for him to be Mafia.

@Sidd beyond the fact Arix tried to vote for you day 0 (he missed the deadline apparently) s there any real suspicion you have on him?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Sylandra said: 
    Zitto said:
    Having read through the intermission comic a little, there does seem to be future/past interaction stuff. I'm not completely convinced that a night kill was blocked; it could have been moved a day ahead or be on a delay. It's even plausible that someone's power is that they die a day later.
    I wondered about a poisoner but so far no one hasn’t shared anything that sounds like that. Then again the flavor this game isn’t my wheelhouse.
    The punch is the closest thing revealed today that could be argued to be a delayed kill, since it is my wheelhouse. 

@Makaela, I'm not second-guessing, a logical get would still put Clover as the best bet for a lucky lynch avoidance. There's unfortunately nothing in the lynch message that clearly indicates luck. Just that A CLOCK CHIMED and that startled everyone. That's plenty of time for other things to happen.

I'm probably digging too far into this (holla @Ushaara, hope you had fun m8) but Clover fits a very specific niche, and while I can explain away the x-shot and even found a stretch for a block (which I'm not sharing and waiting to hotly debate once you try to explain it use it), more powers is just too unlikely in my opinion.

It's day one. We have so little information to go off of that I have to dig at every theory and claim presented, I do hope you understand. I'm really interested in what information we could get from Sidd's do, like Sylandra said, but out of everything presented today, you're still the most suspicious.

FoS: Makaela
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Vote Count:

Sidd(2): Yasei, Sylandra
    Arix(1): Sidd

With 12 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

With Mob Mentality in effect, Siddwill be lynched at day's end.

Day one ends at 2AM EST on Sunday 11/19, or when majority vote is reached.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm, guess it is mod-dependent on whether the redirection flavour reveals who you are redirected to but I wouldn't immediately jump to assuming that is the case. Most instances of redirects I have had experience with were anonymous if not completely hidden to the people affected by it.

Anyway, as Sylandra mentioned, I would be more wary about the power than being convinced of you being mafia. While yep it can be used in a doctor-like manner, it could also be used to redirect a doctor's protection, leaving targets vulnerable to mafia team mates, e.g., to counteract the strength of a hidden doctor/public investigator combo. So risk/reward of your power isn't particularly favourable.

So, not convinced enough to vote for you, but also not convinced enough to vote Arix/Other in a mob majority game. Good luck vs. the mob!

(early bedtime for me and travelling all day tomorrow)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Gosh I'm slow...
  • UNVOTE

Vote: Yasei

Lets bring out the lurkers, she hasn't really done much other than just vote for me.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    unvote; Vote Yasei

I’m curious about people who lurk and vote, so this switch works for me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    LaL? That'll work for me, especially since I usually have a huge delay between responses.

Vote: Yasei

I'll check back in before I leave for drinks, and then again before my Pathfinder game tonight. Hopefully there's something worth changing my vote over?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Makaela said:
    Also there are no other characters that type of luck would make sense for, Clover in fact is the reason why people started seeing Luck as OP in the homestuck universe according to that wiki.
    I'm pretty sure I was wrong on day one, but I really don't know enough to tell the difference here on whether this is poor play on your part or really leaning in on an out @Tremula gave you. The end of day one didn't confirm 'luck' in an unambiguous way, and Clover's not the only character who has potential lynch immunity for themselves or others. Lynchproof looks a lot more town than scum, but I'm up for immediately revisiting your claim if somebody claims to be a Governor later.

On the other hand, @Yasei has actually been posting fairly often, at least as much as @Ess and @Dys, and maybe with a little more content? I'm not really reading as scum here.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm not comfortable casting a vote since I'm pretty undecided and may not be able to unvote in a timely fashion if/when it matters. I will, however, add that I believe Synkarin is being honest. He's fleshed out and elaborated on his claim, and we have a chain of events that at least makes some sense based off of the very limited information we have for the night.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, I mean Sidd. When did he become simply Sidd again? Am I just blind? Hahaha.
    Zitto said:

On the other hand, @Yasei has actually been posting fairly often, at least as much as @Ess and @Dys, and maybe with a little more content? I'm not really reading as scum here.

How often is “fairly often”? Serious question. He’s written three short posts today, two of which were attacks of Sidd based on now outdated information. I’d argue Ess and Dys have both contributed stronger content today, if that’s the comparison we are working with.

Killing a mafia on day 2 is usually pretty unlikely, but targeting lurkers is usually better odds than not.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:

How often is “fairly often”?
    I just opened profiles and counted posts. Yasei has 11 in the thread, Ess has 7, Dys has 6. Yas and Ess both voted for Sidd today, Dys has not cast a vote during the game. I'd agree that Ess has contributed more in those posts, but Dys's content hasn't really been proactive in regards to suggesting  suspicion or trust for anyone.
    Maybe it’s not been her pointing fingers, but Dys has done a lot of speculation about set up, been clear that nothing happened to her last night, and contributed thoughts on the puzzles that arose today.

Yasei’s posts are short, and comparatively, haven’t added anything original to this dayphase. Eleven sounds like a lot until you remember only three of those posts are today.
    Daraius said:
    Checking in.
    I sort of feel like Sidd might have been blocked.
    vote SIdd

I agree with Ess that it does sound like Sidd was blocked 

Daraius said:

• Vote Count:

@Yasei 野生 (3):Sidd, Sylandra, Tremula
    @Sidd(1): Yasei

With Mob Mentality in effect, Yasei will be lynched at day's end.

You have about six hours to vote.
  • Oof, these short day phases keep sneaking up on me. Thanksgiving weekend's going to be a wild ride.
  • @Sylandra, you've got me convinced that Yasei most deserves pressure, but with about six hours on the clock I don't think we're too likely to get a response and react to that response in time. Yas still reads town to me, so in case we do get some good rebuttal, I'm going to go ahead and

Vote: None
  • I've just got back from a wedding. I'm happy enough with Sidd's explanations for now and Makaela's Clover claim too. I don't feel Yasei reads town though there's not much content in her posts to go on.

Vote Yasei

Hopefully I'll wake up before deadline (cat/child alarm clocks) but can't guarantee it.
  • I am going to 
    Vote: None

As much as I enjoy pressuring those who lurk/provide little actual feedback this is my first Mob Mentality game of Mafia ever so gonna play it safe on this one.
    Don’t be afraid of a day 2 mislynch. Information is gained from it one way or another and Town still has majority. We aren’t likely to pinpoint a decisive mafia but we can watch patterns emerge and judge behaviors for tomorrow’s analysis. Playing safe isn’t always in town’s best interest is all I’m saying.
    Daraius said:
  • I understand that Sylandra, however I also feel with Mob Mentality that it makes it easier for Mafia to piggy back onto one person and still force an incorrect lynch. I will say I am a tad suspicious of Yasei, just not enough to Vote him/her as of yet. Note even with how hard I was on Sidd trying to make sense of his claim I never actually voted for him today.  Also we can assume there are at least 3 Mafia, If I vote that allows them to instantly end the night, whereas we at least still have a few hours left of discussion.
    I get that but just another side to consider:

An easy way to prevent mafia from abusing mob mentality? Get as close to vote majority as possible. Not voting makes it easier for mafia to manipulate votes. Tiny vote trains are easier to swing in mob mentality.
    Daraius said:

• Vote Count:

@Yasei 野生 (4):Sidd, Sylandra, Tremula, Dys
    No Lynch: Zitto, Makaela

With Mob Mentality in effect, Yasei will be lynched at day's end.

1 hour to go.
  • I was honestly hoping more discussion would have occurred given it is a weekend evening.. but since it looks like non is forthcoming

unvote
    Vote Yasei

You do seen a bit suspicious, not enough to warrant a death IMO however it is in towns best interest to take a shot in the dark here.
  • Good lynch, I was going to use my safe-claim but it was theorized that role would be a serial killer. Watch out for Cyndarin.
  • Well that settles that then. Guess we do not have to wait for the day end after all.
  • edited November 2017
    End of Day 1!

@Yasei 野生 (4):Sidd, Sylandra, Tremula, Dys
    No Lynch: Zitto, Makaela

Mob Mentality has spoken, and Yasei has been lynched!

As the focus of suspicions finally lands upon Yasei, she calmly concedes defeat. Before any weapons can be drawn on her though, she simply raises a hand and snaps a finger, vanishing from the mansion.

Yasei was THE HANDMAID!

You're really only technically a member of The Felt, having been raised since you were a grub by a smug, omniscient asshole in suspenders as an unwilling agent of chaos for their boss, Lord English. The current confusion being caused by the Midnight Crew seems like as good an excuse as any to start wreaking some havoc and vengeance of your own. 

Conditional Mortality: The big boss has you under a contract/curse, and despite your best efforts you are completely incapable of dieing in any timeline until your work for him is complete. You can still be voted out of the mansion though. [Night-Kill Immunity]

You are a Third Party Serial Killer, and may attempt to murder one person each night. You win when you've defeated everyone else, or are one of the last two remaining.

Safe Claim: Snowman

It is now Night 2!

Night 2 will end at 2AM EST on Monday 11/20, or when all night actions are submitted.
  • An additional note. I honestly forgot Thanksgiving was coming up when I started this game, I'm bad at calendars. If people need extra time, I'll extend the phases some for the next week. Just lemme know in your night PM if you'd like me to.
  • edited November 2017
    An explosion rocks the mansion in the night, and come morning, it seems two have gone missing!

Makaela is nowhere to be seen in the mansion, and Sylandra's bleeding corpse is found!

Makaela was CLOVER!

You're the luckiest fella around in this crew, or anywhere else for that matter. You're so lucky in fact, that the idea anything truly bad happening to you personally, is pretty ludicrous. You find all the shenanigans and murder going on in the mansion right now to be kinda silly if you're being honest. You're also an incessant flirt with pretty much everybody you've ever met, and as things would have it, you're pretty lucky in that department too.

Luck of the Clover: The thought of somebody managing to kill you is pretty laughable. Any gun they tried to shoot you with would probably just jam or something.  Non-lethal methods to drive you off might still work though, as long as they're not particularly unlucky. [1-Shot Immuninty]

Frisky Jig: Right now, you've got a good thing going on with Sylandra, and you won't have much reason to stick around if she kicks the bucket. You can choose to spend the night busting out your best dance moves on her, which will block her from acting, but anyone who attempts to kill her will hit you instead. [Bodyguard]

You are a Third Party Lover, you win if Sylandra is alive at the end of the game, even if you're already out of it.

------------

Sylandra was FIN!

You're always one step ahead of people, thanks to your power to see their future trails. You always know just what hijinks somebody is going to get up to, and use your power to pull off crime plans before your rival gang can.

Future Trails: You can choose one person a night, and scope out their future trail. By keeping an eye open for anybody else's trail intersecting, you can tell who else is gonna mess with your target that night. [Watcher]

You are a member of The Felt, and win when all threats to the mansion are eliminated.

It is now Day Two!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority!

Day Two ends at 2AM EST on Saturday 11/25, or when majority vote is reached.
    (An extra 48 hours were added because of Thanksgiving. Happy holidays, ya'll)