Simple questions?

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Steingrim said:
    Anyone have a nice IC term for links in help files?
    references maybe?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • scrolls
  • Q: Is it 'bromide' or 'bromides'?
  • Bromide singular, Bromides plural.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Is anyone else having a problem with purchasing things on the website? Any browser I've used has come up like this, - unable to click on the credits.

• edited November 2017
    @Anita IRE is looking into this at this time. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

EDIT: And fixed!
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • In HELP ACTORS, under the Aethers section, it specifies that actors can simulate using GNT, GT, CT, and OT. Is that list comprehensive? More specifically, can actors use SHIPT?

(Can that be added if they can't?)
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Are bardic song buffs suppose to show under bodyscan?

I can't find them anywhere
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
    Ess said:
    Are bardic song buffs suppose to show under bodyscan?

I can't find them anywhere
    That depends on the buff, e. g. vitals buffs or attack/resistance buffs show as long as you're actively playing ( i. e. not using sustain or what it was called to pause ) your song.
  • My attack buffs never seem to show.

I am going to go and check again though
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Bard songs cannot help you if you are deaf.  Check that too!
  • Its that autocuring isn't it?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Autocuring does have a toggle for truehearing, which it does default to On.  Not particularly helpful for bards.  Should be able to use the AC command to flip it off though.
  • Just done that. Will check again when I am home from work
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    @Ianir this is actually going to be a confusing thing to new players who pick bard, actually.  Can we consider having the system default to truehearing off?  Not hard to turn it on once you start trying to mess with it, but having the game automatically disable your song benefits without you knowing that is even a thing could be problematic.

If not, @Eliron (and other Ministers of Education) might want to consider adding that to help scrolls related to new bards.
  • Having it default off is generally considered the better option to avoid pfifth stuff as well.
  • I can have it default off - I was going to, but some envoys requested it default to on. I'll look into it some time this evening.
  • 100 points of tattoo weight will confer 1/5 buff to that damage type.
    This tattoo will give NO benefit at less than 100 weight.

When it says this for a tattoo buff/resistance etc, does this mean the tattoo has to be a FLAT OUT 100 weight (i.e waist/gut/chest/back) or can it be split across smaller weight tattoos (arms @50w, legs @50w, hands @25w, feet @25w etc)?
    Anita said:
    100 points of tattoo weight will confer 1/5 buff to that damage type.

When it says this for a tattoo buff/resistance etc, does this mean the tattoo has to be a FLAT OUT 100 weight (i.e waist/gut/chest/back) or can it be split across smaller weight tattoos (arms @50w, legs @50w, hands @25w, feet @25w etc)?
    To my knowledge you can split it.
  • Aeldra said:
    Anita said:
    100 points of tattoo weight will confer 1/5 buff to that damage type.

To my knowledge you can split it.
    Ok. I just want to make sure before I waste time and power on splitting!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2017
    It can be split across different body parts, just has to be 100 total to give any benefit. 

e.g.

8703 5 F fingers Cold Damage Absorption a name inked in crisp block

8704 10 Y face Cold Damage Absorption a pristine dot of bright be

8705 25 Y hands Cold Damage Absorption twin benedictions

8712 10 Y ankles Cold Damage Absorption a winged lupine silhouette

9010 10 Y neck Cold Damage Absorption the wingtips of a beryl aer

9197 25 Y feet Cold Damage Absorption sprigs of sunny freesias

9198 10 Y wrists Cold Damage Absorption interlocking chains of blac

9261 5 Y toes Cold Damage Absorption a set of regular polyhedra

That gives me a 2/7 cold resistance.

Elemental, Power, and Enchanted tattoos are a little different. Last I checked they could only be imbued in single tattoos at a particular weight, so you couldn't split them across multiple tattoos.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Xenthos said:
    Bard songs cannot help you if you are deaf.  Check that too!
    Thanks @Xenthos - all better now!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • Also, I know songs like Celebrate in Serenwilde, and likely whatever the others have, doesn't affect whips and it may just function entirely outside of the bodyscan system.
    Those songs did not affect whips pre-damage-buff-overhaul.  I've since queried it and have been told that these songs do in fact buff whips now (because they are inside the system).  I have a HELPBUG filed to fix the helpfile.
  • edited November 2017
    Xenthos said:
    Those songs did not affect whips pre-damage-buff-overhaul.  I've since queried it and have been told that these songs do in fact buff whips now (because they are inside the system).  I have a HELPBUG filed to fix the helpfile.
    Ooo, awesome! That makes me want to be a bard while group bashing a lot more, since I sometimes think they hand out whips in the intro now.

Also, I really don't envy the admin who change things and then want to find everywhere that thing is mentioned to update it, since keeping a database of what's mentioned where would probably be almost as much of a headache as remembering each time, because one time something isn't logged, you're back to square one.
  • Sylphas said:
    since I sometimes think they hand out whips in the intro now
    ... News to me? If we are, that's... not intended. Very not intended.
  • Ianir said:
    Sylphas said:
    Not literally, no, but those things are everywhere among people with any kind of investment into the game.
  • Sylphas said:
    Ianir said:
    Sylphas said:
    Not literally, no, but those things are everywhere among people with any kind of investment into the game.
    I mean, for a newbie realistically it's just the cost of the no-brainer credit package with like 25 credits left over. 

It could be considered pretty worth it, like I'd have been tempted as a druid rather than getting cudgel if they had been a thing back then.
  • Q: Just me, or is the ban on chocolate in Lusternia bizarrely specific?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: Just me, or is the ban on chocolate in Lusternia bizarrely specific?
    If everyone could have chocolate, who would buy credits?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.