Simple questions?

Comments

• Ess said:
    Versalean said:
    Q: Just me, or is the ban on chocolate in Lusternia bizarrely specific?
    If everyone could have chocolate, who would buy credits?
    I literally have no comeback on that. Well played.
  • Xenthos said:
    A: Yes, especially since we now have jungles we can access.

A2: They do keep teasing us with potentially getting access to Jojobo.

A3: Be careful what you wish for in that case, because Jojoban chocolate seems to be all infected with skinrot plagues.
    It's been a few weeks since an incredibly contagious plague swept through the Basin... I think we're due for another, yeah?
  • Q: Does Lusty have a Black Friday sale?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: Does Lusty have a Black Friday sale?
    No. This has been discussed a few times, and the general consensus is if we were going to do something for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, we'd rather just make it available for a full month anyway.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I accidentally killed something in an area. I have been able to get amnesty from the influence skillset. But what I'd really like is to get rid of the enemy status forever. Is there a skill I haven't seen that could let me do that?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Parlay.  Appraisal helps too.
  • Xenthos said:
    Parlay.  Appraisal helps too.
    Tested it but it only gave me amnesty. The influencing seems to do the same thing.
    Appraisal will tell you how much you will get for x gold.  Anywhere from nothing, to temporary amnesty, to permanent unenemying.
  • Ah, I understand. Thanks!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I accidentally killed something in an area. I have been able to get amnesty from the influence skillset. But what I'd really like is to get rid of the enemy status forever. Is there a skill I haven't seen that could let me do that?
    you can also keep influencing with amnesty, eventually they'll give you 'full reprieve', erasing your enemy status. It may take a while. Sometimes I pull it off within the first influence, sometimes it takes four or five tries, maybe more. Also you can't get more influence while your temporary amnesty is still in effect.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Four or five?  Is that because of the ability in Celestialism for amnesty?  It's far more rare than that normally (Talan used to do "rounds" of influencing amnesty for people and had a little celebration when it chose a full amnesty).
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Xenthos said:
    Four or five?  Is that because of the ability in Celestialism for amnesty?  It's far more rare than that normally (Talan used to do "rounds" of influencing amnesty for people and had a little celebration when it chose a full amnesty).
    Hmm, I'd blame it on the wonderpipe sweetsmoke ability, but not sure actually. Am not using celestialism. It could easily be 6 or 7 too... but less then 10 usually. HIghly depends on the mob, I feel.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I'd be willing to help test it - I have trans Celestialism, Dramatics and Influencing.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I think you mean Sacraments for amnesty. Sacraments Emissary to be exact.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Details details.  I'm trans in Celestialism, Sacraments, Tarot and Healing. 
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    is there a trade that can make regular staves / walking sticks?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Have you ever seen a regular staff / walking stick as a player-used object?  Not sure they even exist... closest thing I can think of would be a tahto staff, at least from the design / tradeskill front.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Boo :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Xenthos said:
    Have you ever seen a regular staff / walking stick as a player-used object?  Not sure they even exist... closest thing I can think of would be a tahto staff, at least from the design / tradeskill front.
    Isn't there some quest/old lady's walking stick object that you can whack people with, or am I misremembering things?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited November 2017
    Orventa said:
    Xenthos said:
    Isn't there some quest/old lady's walking stick object that you can whack people with, or am I misremembering things?
    That's from the quest in Paavik but the cane is not always there and it resets very quickly. Some questers won't be very happy with you neither if you keep taking quest items.

I wouldn't be against a new artisan pattern or maybe a new jewelry pattern added to the wands. Wands and staves are not too dissimilar.
  • Q - @Ianir - for clarity, are there (or are there going to be) 2017 solstice artefacts, or do we just use the coal/peppermint to make the old ones?
    Pretty sure the announce post said there would be new ones, no?  Like, explicitly said so.

If your question is really "What are they," then the answer is probably "Stay tuned."
  • edited December 2017
    Thanks, Xenthos.
  • Yeah, Xenthos is correct on that one. With the timing of my move, there was no time to actually code them so we didn't want to announce them. I literally just got internet about 5 minutes ago (and can probably rant for days about jury-rigged coaxial wiring, but I digress) and we'll probably announce some time after it's all coded.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Last year the artifact post wasn’t until the 17th I think? 
  • Cool. That's closer to payday anyway!
  • In HELP SILENI it says "This quality has given them a minor increase in their wordplay, able to speedily influence as needed (faster equilibrium recovery)." What does this actually mean?
  • It speeds up influence balances, afaik. Making that race ideal in village conflict as an example
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • which fulcrux is this?

In the shadow of a scintillating spire.
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. The crystalline infrastructure of a
    moderately sized spire rises here in otherworldly glory - its base dusted with purple sands and
    starry jewels. Various stories are told in pictographic detail, etchings and paintings alike
    illustrating star-shaped beings in many blended hues. These mingle amongst earth-fed streams that
    trickle from carved pitchers in the walls, each held by the hands of beautifully androgynous figures.
    The soothing sound of running water is accompanied by the sweet scent of honeyed fruits that hang,
    ripe and tempting, above a circular channel along the outer circumference of the floor created to
    capture the precious liquid sluicing from above. A painting of three jubilant figures upon an
    Iklaran storm hangs here. Smearing on everything it touches, a splattered puddle of oily paint
    bleeds here. Shattered remnants clinging to its frame by sheer will, a cracked mirror rises here,
    its depths haunted by dizzying stars. Filling the air with the sweet scent of honeyed fruit, some
    dark-leaved shrubs rise from the sand here.
    You see exits leading north, south, west, and through a broken mirror.