What are you playing?

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh, good grief. Super Mario Odyssey has me now. I -think- I've technically cleared it, but I haven't been so hyped for post-game content and story continuation in a long while!

So, if I disappear off the face of the internet, you know what's to blame.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I finally splurged a little and picked up the copies of Warcraft III that Blizzard keeps in the battle.net store and oh my goodness, the nostalgia. Everything from the old voice actor for Medivh to the instant muscle memory for keyboard shortcuts has me absolutely tickled. Hopefully I appreciate the lore more now that I've aged.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • https://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Wasting time at work in all new ways
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • "You pull out your notepad and your tape recorder, and conduct a lengthy interview with this Aristocrat of the Night. You manage to make him sound pretty good, despite his horrible speech impediment and that story about eating the rats that he insisted on bringing up over and over again."

That game is good
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm now bouncing around between Lusternia, LotRO, ESO, Myst IV, NWN:HotU, NWN2, and Morrowind.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Played/finished BoTW's Champion's Ballad. I hadn't been watching for this one so I wasn't super hyped up for it - turned out pretty okay, with just a couple twists here and there until the final segment, which turned out really nicely. Final boss of the Ballad is the most fun and entertaining in the game.

And the end reward makes the end-game feel even more like Jackass: Hyrule Edition.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I’ve been playing Jackbox party games with some strangers on twitch. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Celeste does an extremely good job at being a challenging platformer while being minimally infuriating. Half second respawns, and respawning in the same frame you died in is amazing for tricky sections and feels brilliant. You aren't even aware of how much you're dying until you finish a chapter and the game tells you.

Would recommend.

Gave ABZU a try. While not as emotionally investing as Journey (which I sadly can't play), it was a decent spin of the paradigm, and I've been enjoying it.

Plus, it has orcas. Everything's better with orcas.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Dead cells. 3 active cells (hardest difficulty) is punishingly fun.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've fallen back into the trap that is playing Diablo 3, ran up some new seasonal characters over the weekend and managed to hit Torment 2! I would try for more but I'm not very good at the game - more importantly I have fallen in absolute LOVE with Fortnite, both PvP and PvE modes.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The PC remake of Final Fantasy 12, so good.
  • Been slowly replaying FF12 on PS4. But mostly starting Pillars of Eternity to replay before the sequel comes out.
  • Just about to finish Uncharted 4. I think that IP has run it's course. Will not be playing any future uncharted games.
    Casually playing Elite Dangerous because my man keeps raving about it. I'm finding it difficult to get into, quite frankly.

Next on my dance card is either Shadows of War or Zelda: BotW. Probably the latter.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2018
    Monster Hunter World! It's kind of different than the typical grinder MMOs, it's a nice change of pace away from mass murdering grunt monsters to actually having to pay attention to every fight.

I suck with everything but the Heavy Bow Gun. PEW PEW. 
  • Cyndarin said:
    Monster Hunter World! It's kind of different than the typical grinder MMOs, it's a nice change of pace away from mass murdering grunt monsters to actually having to pay attention to every fight.

I suck with everything but the Heavy Bow Gun. PEW PEW. 
    Very, VERY tempted, and may actually end up buying that instead of the insanely cheap Paradox Bundle I've been eyeing up. @Cyndarin - have you tried grouping yet? If so, what was it like? And do you know if it has customisable player-housing? What about a marketplace/auctionhouse?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Haven’t had a lot of success grouping but I’m also not very far into the game. So most players are grouping up on content I cant play yet 
  • Playing Hollow Knight and Endless legend at the moment ^^
    (Oh and also Lusternia of course :] )
  • Sylandra said:
    oh my fucking god what have you done to my sanity
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You're welcome.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I fell down the Sims rabbithole again - in a world where I can have cats and kittens and make amazing houses :love:
    I've finally beaten a few of the B-sides in Celeste, as well as clearing the Core. Somehow, my death count after the first run through the Core ended up lower than on the Summit (421 vs 600ish). I guess I'm still improving!

While it gets quite hard, I cannot emphasize enough how well the difficulty of the game curves, and how well it seems to broadcast what you need to do as you encounter it.

I keep trying, but... ugh, everything about Oblivion is just so bland. The towns are bland, the NPCs are bland, the Main Quest is bland (as far as I've ever gotten at least). Gonna keep trying, since I need to get through this eventually.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Everiine said:
    I keep trying, but... ugh, everything about Oblivion is just so bland. The towns are bland, the NPCs are bland, the Main Quest is bland (as far as I've ever gotten at least). Gonna keep trying, since I need to get through this eventually.
    Is it really you? The Hero of Kvach?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Bouncing between Lusternia, Armello, FF XIV, and Warframe like an ADD plinko chip in an earthquake. It is likely not healthy for my mental state.
  • Maligorn said:
    Everiine said:
    I love the potato faces of this game.
    Maligorn said:
    I completely admit to being a Morrowind snob. But at least Skyrim kept my attention. Oblivion struggles to even do that.

• Everiine said:
    Maligorn said:
    I completely admit to being a Morrowind snob. But at least Skyrim kept my attention. Oblivion struggles to even do that.
    If Morrowind was ever remade with updated graphics, I would immediately buy it for every system I own, then disappear from here for a month or so. And it's already a gorgeous game even without being updated.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • to get here I accidentally killed 6 vault dwellers already...who knows how many more in the future?
  • Lief said:
    Everiine said:
    Maligorn said:
    If Morrowind was ever remade with updated graphics, I would immediately buy it for every system I own, then disappear from here for a month or so. And it's already a gorgeous game even without being updated.
    lmao