General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    No comment
  • I strongly dislike being on call sometimes.

Especially when my phone wakes me up every time I manage to get to sleep.

Especially when none of it actually requires me to be awake.

It is 6:30am - I have already caffeinated, taken a stupidly long shower, gotten dressed, and had my morning tea, and I have no reason to be awake before 9.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    I strongly dislike being on call sometimes.

Especially when my phone wakes me up every time I manage to get to sleep.

Especially when none of it actually requires me to be awake.

It is 6:30am - I have already caffeinated, taken a stupidly long shower, gotten dressed, and had my morning tea, and I have no reason to be awake before 9.

Welcome to grownupness
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Bachelors of Science in Business Data Analytics with minor in Philosophy and certified wedding planner.... what do I look to get my masters in... Sports Law .... oh look there is a masters program for my degree.... screw that who doesn’t like law and what could scream Gemini more 
  • Recently discovered pet-peeve.

People who push all of their responsibilities on to others and their enablers.

Have two different people (one in work, one elsewhere) right now who have offloaded even the simplest stuff that they're supposed to.
    Everyone in the respective groups is well aware that this is the case, there is more stuff that needs to get done, but the extra work never gets to them.

But the people that could do something about it just shrug their shoulders and load up the people all the work has been offloaded to. (one being me)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Flu. Weak lungs. Sleeping 20+ hours a day. /suck
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Got some bad news today, Charlie - my boyfriend's family dog - passed away over the weekend. :(

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Cyndarin said:
    Co worker: "Yeah my daughter has whooping cough."
    Everyone else: "WHY ARE YOU AROUND OTHER PEOPLE. AAGGH. GO HOME."
    People not being on sick leave when they should... &(*%@*
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Me: /does a lot of work for a client 

Client: Jk didn’t need that anyway.

Me: :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Lost my glasses somewhere.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Lost my glasses somewhere.
    On top of your head?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    My best work friend got a better job. I am happy for him and sad for me. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • We have lost 3 days, and I am awake at 530am (now 6) with a head cold.

In semi-related news, I am now looking for a VOIP provider that can simultaneously handle US and UK phone routing, has both a phone and desktop client, and won't change their phone client to a hip, non-native pile of trash that has to load up the UI whenever a call is received before it starts playing sound and the UI takes so goddamn long that you only get a second or two of ringing to the point where you have to be staring at your phone to even think of answering it, but god help you if it's your on-call number and someone's trying to wake you up.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ianir said:
    We have lost 3 days, and I am awake at 530am (now 6) with a head cold.

In semi-related news, I am now looking for a VOIP provider that can simultaneously handle US and UK phone routing, has both a phone and desktop client, and won't change their phone client to a hip, non-native pile of trash that has to load up the UI whenever a call is received before it starts playing sound and the UI takes so goddamn long that you only get a second or two of ringing to the point where you have to be staring at your phone to even think of answering it, but god help you if it's your on-call number and someone's trying to wake you up.
    Skype? >_>

I don't know about other people, but I have used it several times in the past from NZ, buying a US phone number and it has worked quite well for me.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    Ianir said:
    We have lost 3 days, and I am awake at 530am (now 6) with a head cold.

Skype? >_>

I don't know about other people, but I have used it several times in the past from NZ, buying a US phone number and it has worked quite well for me.
    Skype is the service I may or may not be bitching about right now.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Best I can suggest off the top of my head, given that it is 1am here, is to take a look at https://getvoip.com/ for some reviews of various VoIP providers and perhaps go from there.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have the flu. I never get the flu.

I hate the flu.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hrm, 2018, you be sucking so far. Two interviews, rejected, one dropped like a hot potatoe, the other rejected for 'administrative reasons'. Hoi! Past me: YOU SUCK! Yo guys, who's made a career out of being a customer service representative? Let me know please? It's that or dishwashing. I detest dishwashing. 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Vet bills. Vet bills in the thousands of dollars. And more coming. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Head vs Doorframe, 0/10 can't recommend <.<
    Yes am okay, but I was kind of out of the picture for a few days.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Head vs Doorframe, 0/10 can't recommend <.<
    Yes am okay, but I was kind of out of the picture for a few days.
    Ouch, been there done there, make sure they check out if you have any long term damages to your brain bowl.
  • edited January 2018
    Academic Maths 101

1 FTE = 37.4 hours per week
          .5 FTE = 25 hours per week
    2 x .5 FTE = 60 hours per week

Screw you, academic maths.
  • Versalean said:
    Academic Maths 101

1 FTE = 37.4 hours per week
          .5 FTE = 25 hours per week
    2 x .5 FTE = 60 hours per week

Screw you, academic maths.
    FTEs in general are... incredibly frustrating to count. I hear you.
  • Just measure employees in story points!
  • I has job= YAY!
    I sent the official email confirming  yes AFTER working hours on friday because no access to internet and procrastination and stupidity. So I hope murphy doesn't hit me with "SUPRISE! NO JOB FOR YOU!" on monday