Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Quality of life idea:

A rune that exists purely to make tarot decks and rune bags permanent, to avoid decay issues.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2017
    Cazanto said:
    Quality of life idea:

A rune that exists purely to make tarot decks and rune bags permanent, to avoid decay issues.

To be quite honest, I'd rather have a skill included in Tarot/Runes that lets the user create their own deck, rather than needing to craft a deckbox or runebag then find an enchanter to enchant it so that it can draw from the card/rune rift.  I can't see myself paying more than maybe 15 credits, 20 absolute tops for something like that.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Ess said:
    Mail Order Spouse (250 Dingbats)

With the latest advancements in gnomish technology we present to you a device that can trick the Fates! Once you purchase our Spouse you will have the ability to adopt children. (Spouse will not add to family size and will have a one time malus to family honour for not being a real person upon marriage.)

You could have a house full of people who never got married.

"Where's mum?"

"Left her in the shop so she doesn't decay, erm, age"

I think it'd be hilarious if you could use them as a puppet too.
  • I don't know how other chemwoods work, so I'll make this an idea for Wyrdenwood and perhaps it's useful for the others too?

Excess Bark Capacitor (100/200/300db)

Fills with 1 wood every time the Wyrdenwood takes damage, to a maximum of 10/15/20 per day. (Basically, because branches upkeep is a pain in the ******* ***.

OR

Botanical Accelerator Contrivance (500db)

Can be filled with wood. Consumes 1 wood per day. Whilst it has wood in it, your branches will not decay.
  • edited December 2017
    There's an artifact that generates reagents already, but not wood. The issue with no. 1 is avoiding creating aethermines 2.0 for wood.
  • I'm saying wood, but if there's a workaround that just deals with not needing wood for branches, I'd pay out the ass for it.
  • Hmm! Can't you buy sap from Lasher in his special place on Ethereal?

• Maligorn said:
    Hmm! Can't you buy sap from Lasher in his special place on Ethereal?
    You can, and there's an artefact for sap (beaker). I need wood specifically for branches in Wyrdenwood. Crowsnest also needs it, but that doesn't decay unless you neglect it so I don't really care about it.
  • All of the woodchems require reagents and one commodity, and the commodity is based on what nebulously makes sense, not parity of cost. Wood tends to be the most expensive, I think? TBH it would be within reason for the communes to (partially) subsidize wood costs. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Enya said:
    All of the woodchems require reagents and one commodity, and the commodity is based on what nebulously makes sense, not parity of cost. Wood tends to be the most expensive, I think? TBH it would be within reason for the communes to (partially) subsidize wood costs. 
    Aquachems use platinum in tons for their chemants, which, at least in celest, is twice the price of wood ( 55 per vs 30 per for wood ), Aerochems use silver if memory serves ( 60 per vs 30 per for wood )... so, actually wood's pretty cheap in comparison, unless the branches use more wood in comparison then what chems use in their metal. I personally don't think the commodity cost is that crippling, though for the younger folk it probably is. I'd definitely be for a way to upkeep your reactives for wood/chem simply to not have it a burst cost but  a continous cost under your control, kind of like you can maintain furniture, but I personally would rather not have it an artifact.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • It would be cool if the duration of the abilities that require wood was based on the amount of wood you put in, with the ability to put in wood to extend the duration by that amount. In other words, use only 1 wood for 1/50th of the overall duration. 
  • This would all be cool, but, respectfully, I'm saying that - as is the case with many other mechanics in the game - I'd like to pay cold hard credits to circumvent the upkeep.
    Stealing this idea from imperian >_>  (It is an existing artifact there)

Mantle of Sacraments (costs 250 credits there, but could probably see it being cheaper here)
    Characters owning this mantle may use the MARRY command (only usable by owner)
    Command: MARRY <player> to <player>

• edited December 2017
    Kagato said:

Mantle of Sacraments (costs 250 credits there, but could probably see it being cheaper here)
    I would much rather this was free if you fit a certain criteria (e.g., Orderhead, CL). I think the solution proposed here would be far more eloquent than paywalling it, because there's no good reason why Random Bob should suddenly be able to marry people just because he got lucky on the Wheel.
  • Stocking Fillers (1-10cr)

Okay, so what I thought would be neat is if you could buy little trinkets with credits and put them in somebody's stocking. This would still be gatekept by OOC sales, because the person would have to have a stocking hung for them already. Some illustrative examples:

Czigany coin (5cr)
    Silly hat (1cr)
    Refilling eggnog cup (5cr)
    Festive cookie (5% health boost for 1 hour) (1cr)

Basically, a way for people who are unable to tap the plastic to get involved in the cheer. I know that these examples are terrible, but what do you think of the overall concept?
  • Classflex timer reset.
  • Fountain of Plenty (20 credits) (maybe 1500 credits for one that resets on decay and can be placed once per day?)

Owner
    Syntax: PLACE FOUNTAIN
    Syntax: SET FOUNTAIN FOR <organsation/any>

Buy, place, and set the fountain, which can then be used by your org-mates, or unrestricted if you are feeling generous. The fountain is single-use, and lasts a full Lusternian month.

User
    Syntax: TOUCH FOUNTAIN FOR <health/mana/bromides>

Interacting with the fountain gives you a special vial that lasts one Lusternian day, and is filled with non-transferable, non-liquid-riftable  liquid of the relevant type. The vials cannot be stolen, passed or dropped, or emptied in any way other than sipping. You may only have one vial of each type - creating new ones will destroy your existing vials.

Versalean said:
    Kagato said:

I would much rather this was free if you fit a certain criteria (e.g., Orderhead, CL). I think the solution proposed here would be far more eloquent than paywalling it, because there's no good reason why Random Bob should suddenly be able to marry people just because he got lucky on the Wheel.
    Currently MARRIAGE is a privilege assigned by a divinity to order members - it is not exclusive to order heads, but depending on the order might require the member to have progressed far enough to be a 'middle circle' member.  I thought that maybe having a mantle available for a nominal fee would keep a pseudo-religious feel to it.

• Should it be easier to find a god to do your wedding than a member of their order?

Civil ceremonies please!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Having an active divine in your organisation should sort of solve this problem.  But you can't really count on that so it'd maybe be a good idea to give marriage rights to the cl or council as well so your not left in a situation where divine inactivity screws up org marriages for ages.
  • Vatul said:
    Orventa said:
    Falaeron said:
    Orventa said:
    Ok, how about...

Earcuff of Elusion - Protects the user from having sight and thoughts stolen, tells (including crown artifact), and returns a random room when scried, including Window artifact
    No to the bolded part. Rest of it is ok.
    Hey, I think it be a good big ticket artie/auction artie, if that's what they're looking for. 
    I think this would be a great addition to general artifacts, beyond auctions.

AB ARTS SCULPTURES - 15% Fabled - With your mastery of statues, create sculpture installations.

With the use of a chisel and marble, create a sculpture of your own design that can be within all manner of environments. Can be destroyed like statues, do decay like paintings and can have runes attached in organizations only in substitution of statues.

Level of skill in Arts scales how long the sculpture will last.

NOTE: The sculpture will come out as "a sculpture of <title>."

AB ARTS REFORM - 20% Fabled - Repair your sculptures with more marble.

AB ARTS ENGRAVE - 25% Fabled - Engrave your sculptures with eternal artistry. Word count limit, variable gold sink.

AB ARTS CUPIES - 40% Mythical - Customise  blank figurines instead of making them look blank, no need for sketches. Cannot hold esteem, purely ornamental, transportable art pieces.

Tradeskill Artifacts:

A gleaming sculpting chisel - 150 credits - Decreases the eq for sculpture, figurine, and statue construction, decreases marble comm use for construction and upkeep.

A paint-splattered artist's brush - 50 credits - Decreases the comms for palettes and painting upkeeps, allows up to four paintings to reside on the easel.

A chaotic palette of paints - 50 credits - Permanent, non-decayable master palette.
    Bringing this back. Welcome to adjustments of any of the stuff here to get them IG. 
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
    edited December 2017
    Can't see the palette or artist's brush artifacts happening as it would render the golden paintbrush artifact completely obsolete beyond creating additional tints out of herbs, which is a minor/negligible bonus and in NO WAY worth 400 credits by itself.

A gleaming sculpting chisel - 150 credits - Decreases the eq for sculpture, figurine, and statue construction, decreases marble comm use for construction and upkeep. - Could be rolled into the existing chisel - doesn't need to be it's own separate artifact.

A paint-splattered artist's brush - 50 credits - Decreases the comms for palettes and painting upkeeps, allows up to four paintings to reside on the easel.  - Already covered by the Golden Paintbrush artifact, which halves the required paint needed for landscapes or portraits.

A chaotic palette of paints - 50 credits - Permanent, non-decayable master palette. - would render the paintbrush artifact almost completely obsolete, at 1/8th of the cost.

Artifact: Golden Paintbrush
    Cost:
      400 Credits
    Artifact Description:
    - This magical paintbrush will halve the amount of paint needed when painting landscapes or
    portraits (if you have the skill)    - Palette artifact would render this ability completely obsolete unless it had a limited number of applications per weave like the powerplex jewel.
    - Preparing palettes of paint will create 3x the amount of applications than normal  - Again would be rendered obsolete if you had a palette artifact with virtually unlimited paint.
    - You will double the number of tints you create - Apart from using tints for designs that require them, a palette artifact would lower demand for tints dramatically.
    - Must be wielded when using.

• If we ever have another artifact bundle sale onsite, it would be awesome to have a package of beastmaster collars. One is usually $50, but 2 for $50... if not 1 for $10 or $15 (long shot, I know : 5 collars for $50) could be a thing?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited January 2018
    Curi-o-matic (1000db)

Generates one random curio piece per RL  Lusternian month.
  • Package of 10 Curio of Curios (9000ag)