New Year New Resolutions

edited January 2018 in The Real World
Declare your goal for this year. Mine is: to make money, and as much of it as I can. Minus time for travel, eating, and self care (without the idle wasting of time for fun) I want to spend every spare hour earning. The other half is to stick to a schedule and budget! Tends to go out the window, when I feel like it.

Comments

• Learn better Spanish for my return trip in August!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Hrm goals
    1. Get back to moving more since leaving the military had a detrimental effect my my fitness.
    2. Learn a new skill through evening classes or better yet get my employer to allow me to do it during work hours
  • Try to survive Trump with my sanity intact
  • Learn to go to bed at a reasonable time. Maybe.
  • Anita said:
    Learn to go to bed at a reasonable time. Maybe.
    Any time is reasonable if you see sleep as something for the week.

-----

My own: Stop being lazy and getting nothing done despite a list of things 'i'm going to get done today'
  • Consensually touch more butts 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Smile more.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Meditate every day instead of whenever I am feeling particularly bad.
  • Taking the stairs to my office every day (all 24 flights of them)

I will tell myself on floor 7 that it is good for me!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2018
    Finally finish writing my book.  That's really my only 'goal'.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Same as usual. Write more, take care of my health, and do one big, productive, way-out-of-my-comfort-zone thing by the end of the year (but preferably only one. Or two. Please not four or six or eight again). 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2018
    New year, new me. Same century, same bitch.

(My real resolution is to keep traveling and exploring. I have Spain and Macedonia booked for April. Seattle in June, hopefully. Deciding on where else to go.)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Keep up my (almost-) daily prayer practice I just found last month and that seems to be working.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Cyndarin said:
    New year, new me. Same century, same bitch.

(My real resolution is to keep traveling and exploring. I have Spain and Macedonia booked for April. Seattle in June, hopefully. Deciding on where else to go.)
    Come to Asia, I will feed you. 
  • Learn how to draw better than my child.
  • Be gentle with myself, be more aware. Be kinder.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Wear my glasses regularly, instead of relegating them to their case and hiding them away in my purse.