Simple questions?

Comments

• Try
    family LEDGER manse mansename assign Eritheyl
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Veyils said:
    Try
    family LEDGER manse mansename assign Eritheyl
    First thing I tried unfortunately, which led me to post.

"Only the head of a House may handle the family ledger."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Old family deeds did not let you do anything but see what was deeded anyways.  The ledger commands are new (and what actually allows control).  Nothing was taken away, until now the only way to rescue a deeded family manse was an issue.  I would imagine that avenue still exists for families without a head.
  • What do the bookbinding curios create, tints? Magic ink?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Dys said:
    What do the bookbinding curios create, tints? Magic ink?
    tints

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I found the rules of last year's justice challenge here.

To confirm, does restricting "Passive ego regeneration and max ego increases from skills outside the buff system from sources not listed above (i.e. does not show on BODYSCAN)" mean that the beauty resolution couldn't be used for this challenge?

Also, allowing "Any preparatory or permanent buffs (karma blessings, racial benefits, etc) acquired before your debate" seems to contradict the restriction on all "Shrine abilities," in particular with respect to celerity. So, was shrine celerity allowed in 2017?

Is there any hope of revealing rules for this year's competitions in advance, especially those related to resolutions?
  • do hibiscus flowers exist in lusternia?

• Arix said:
    do hibiscus flowers exist in lusternia?

I don't know 100%, but a quick google tells me some hibiscus flowers are native to east Asia, and Maylea's godrealm contains a few references to other flowers native to there (and I got an ylang ylang origami approved, for what it's worth).
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Arix said:
    do hibiscus flowers exist in lusternia?

I don't know 100%, but a quick google tells me some hibiscus flowers are native to east Asia, and Maylea's godrealm contains a few references to other flowers native to there (and I got an ylang ylang origami approved, for what it's worth).
    There are actually not any in Maylea's godrealm. There are, however, in Celestia, the Shallamurine Cathedral, the Archons guildhall, and Charune's unreleased godrealm (which I did ask him before mentioning).
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • MoiMoi
    edited January 2018
    recipes pastries 23216
    You carefully study a cooking recipe.
    Item: Cookie  Type: Pastries  Org: Public  Designer: Corissai
    Ingredients: grain 3 milk 3 sugar 1 flower 1
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    IMPORTANT: The main noun MUST use one of these: COOKIE
    Appearance:
    a hibiscus petal cookie
    Dropped:
    A fallen hibiscus petal cookie rests here.
    Examined:
    With a pale complexion that flushes pink and red at its end, this cookie closely resembles a lonely, fallen hibiscus petal, though it appears both more substantial and more delicate at once. The reddened tip of the cookie is slightly moist and threatens to be somewhat sticky.
    Consume:
    A single bite gently snaps this pale cookie in half, crumbling in one smooth movement along some internal fault line. A thin film of sticky residue within the cookie prevents the baked confection from falling to pieces, and it softens and melts once exposed to the heat of your mouth, leaving a sweet taste and floral aroma to haunt the senses. Fainter than raspberry, but just as sharp, the flavour pervades the light pink cookie, but fades quickly once the cookie is gone.
    Smell:
    The scent of hibiscus and butter clings to this cookie.
    Taste:
    A floral taste permeates the cookie, reminiscent of raspberry and rhubarb.
    Comments:
  • edited January 2018
    Well at least that cookie doesn't have maggots in it, like the cheese did.
  • thanks, was thinking of trying to design a horrendously tacky floral suit
  • How can we access to the Bardics archives with this new website? https://www.lusternia.com/artbard doesn't seem to be working.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • What are the 1p/3p lines for the normal ridiculous pig nose and the keen leonine nose? They're not listed in the ashop descriptions.

Can the 1p/3p lines be modified with artifact customization?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Saz said:
    How can we access to the Bardics archives with this new website? https://www.lusternia.com/artbard doesn't seem to be working.
    My understanding is that bardics have not been implemented on the new website at all because they were thinking about changing the mechanics. So I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think you can.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • What type of Fae are Lieutenant Poim, Sentinels of  the Willow, Captain Maple, Margery Sweetpease? Or are they like the Fae Knights on Faethorn?
  • I think they're humanoid fae like the knights

• It's hard to tell though, because the description of the knights is basicly 'here's a fae knight' and then a paragraph about w hat their armor looks like. Perriwinkle has wings though, if that means anything.
  • Q: (and apologies, because I'm sure this is simple) What does the cloak of shifting hues presently do?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: (and apologies, because I'm sure this is simple) What does the cloak of shifting hues presently do?

********************************* ARTIFACT #2 **********************************

Cost:
      125 Credits

Artifact Description:
    - Hides all clothing except for the cloak itself.
    - Does not hide jewellery.
    - Note: Unseen clothes do not count for prestige!

Short Description: a cloak of shifting hues
    Dropped Description: A somber hued cloak rests here, the fabric captivating the eye with ever-
    shifting colours and shades.
    Extended Description:
    Made of a soft, light material that is cool to the touch, this cloak has been
    woven to cover the body of the wearer with a splendor of shifting shades.
    Though it bears the overall colour of grey velvet at a distance, the startling
    changes in hue along the length of the cloak cannot be accounted for by mere
    alteration in lighting. Sudden splashes of turquoise are bounded by subdued
    patches of green, next to vivid dashes of crimson and violet. The colours slide
    and flow into one another, dazzling the eye so that the viewer has trouble
    focusing on anything else.

Category: miscellaneous
    Keywords: credits clothing
    ********************************************************************************
  • Sorry, I haven't updated the descriptions on those yet.

Will get those tonight. They currently give an extra ten slots each for clothing and jewelry respectively (akin to 10 runes of hiding without them needing to be attached).

If anybody has any extra ideas for effects on them though, I'd love to make them more appealing frankly. I'm finding that a tad lackluster.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Color items when they show up in your examined? Like how hair curios show up in various colors. Or is that a thing you can do already? I haven't been paying close attention.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Versalean said:
    Q: (and apologies, because I'm sure this is simple) What does the cloak of shifting hues presently do?

********************************* ARTIFACT #2 **********************************

Cost:
      125 Credits

Artifact Description:
    - Hides all clothing except for the cloak itself.
    - Does not hide jewellery.
    - Note: Unseen clothes do not count for prestige!

Short Description: a cloak of shifting hues
    Dropped Description: A somber hued cloak rests here, the fabric captivating the eye with ever-
    shifting colours and shades.
    Extended Description:
    Made of a soft, light material that is cool to the touch, this cloak has been
    woven to cover the body of the wearer with a splendor of shifting shades.
    Though it bears the overall colour of grey velvet at a distance, the startling
    changes in hue along the length of the cloak cannot be accounted for by mere
    alteration in lighting. Sudden splashes of turquoise are bounded by subdued
    patches of green, next to vivid dashes of crimson and violet. The colours slide
    and flow into one another, dazzling the eye so that the viewer has trouble
    focusing on anything else.

Category: miscellaneous
    Keywords: credits clothing
    ********************************************************************************
    I know you're trying to be helpful, but that isn't accurate at the moment!
  • edited January 2018
    Portius said:
    Color items when they show up in your examined? Like how hair curios show up in various colors. Or is that a thing you can do already? I haven't been paying close attention.
    For stylistic reasons, we'd really rather not do this. I'm sure many of you avid MUDders have experienced the horrors of the worn inventories of some DIKU-style MUDs out there. We do occasionally do this for some very special items, but we generally put a lot of thought into the purpose of the effect before doing this. For example, the Wodewoses have a facepaint quest item which is colourised. Beyond this, it is generally admin-only items which should never be visible to mortal eyes (outside of the rare instances of insanity which generally get popularised in OOC player media, such as Morgfyre's badge of approval which we are all aware that you are quite aware of).

EDIT: I somehow deleted a sentence? Added it back in.
  • edited January 2018
    Oh well. Don't listen to me I didn't remember that this was modified. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    tbf, I always found the cloak of shifting hue's a little unappealing. It -could- allow to work like a glamrock for a specific item maybe? like glamour 5 items you wear to look like different items if people find that appealing?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • So it used to decrease prestige from clothing you were wearing. No longer does that. I went from non-descript to opulant when the changes went in place. I'd love to have that back.
  • That... is a very good point. I'll make that a toggle on them again.

Of course, scarecrow hat. But still.
  • they ever going to post the time for the Nature Seal?
  • Nature is updated on website: 3:00 p.m. PST
    See you then!