Chaos Event Megathread

13»

Comments

• Well, at least some of us actually feel like they actually had to earn our seal and TA.
  • Can we please announce the rules for Harmony sooner rather than later? I disagree that surprises are good in competitive events and this thread is just one of the many examples of why that is the case. You can have twists to the tried and true and shake them up all you like, but it doesn't have to be a surprise for it to be new.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Falaeron said:
    Well, at least some of us actually feel like they actually had to earn our seal and TA.

• edited January 2018
    Cyndarin said:
    People have and will always pick optimal skillsets for events

Yeah this is why I always pick stealth. So great for that.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Cyndarin said:
    Falaeron said:
    Well, at least some of us actually feel like they actually had to earn our seal and TA.

Hey, I am just saying that I don't think ascension challenges are as sure things as they are being made out to be, even if the formats stayed the same. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Falaeron said:
    Cyndarin said:
    Falaeron said:

Hey, I am just saying that I don't think ascension challenges are as sure things as they are being made out to be, even if the formats stayed the same. 
    Some are, some aren't. 

We've had event results where no one battered an eyelid because it was rather predictable. Doesn't mean it was easy for those winning, they worked hard for it too, they were just clear favourites.

There have been a few absolute no competition cakewalks, but no one actually saw it coming because no one suspected the other side would straight up not play, for whatever reason.

Every sealbearer probably believes they earned it, just some of us were picked as clear favourites before the contests started.

Changing up the rules means innovation and new tactics, I presume not telling people ahead of time, means it's a case of seeing who is best at adapting on the fly.

When no one knows the rules, it's an even footing, so what's the problem?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited January 2018
    These situations aren’t mutually exclusive. I won two seals and participated in many many maaaany ascensions. I worked hard to win life, and in the end Glomdoring didn’t choose to back me in the final event. That didn’t take away from effort. Gaudi backed me after war years later, that doesn’t mean I tried harder that year. You can work your ass off, and orgs can still pick who they back. Both can be true!

Dunno about stealth, but Celest’s preserve team would’ve won my seal if they had targeted Sidd or Shuyin first, and it carried them to second as an optimal build. Lack of foresight meant they targeted me. We can all bitch about some skillset being unfair. It always comes down to how you use it. “Optimal” doesn’t mean a skillset you don’t have, despite the grass is always greener belief. 

edit: Sorry, all of Hallifax looks the same TBH
  • I didn't make that comment.

All Hallifax looks the same, it's not my fault. Also: whiskey
  • The thing thatll toast me is if there is a scavenger hunt with a locked location again.
  • Versalean said:
    Kreon said:
    Moi said:
    Arix said:
    Could I get a recap on what happened? I missed it and am only getting bits and pieces
    My understanding of what's going on: The Admins changed how Chaos Seal works this year such that it included random teleportation of the Hamster holder. This was intended to stop people from building a bunker around the hamster (good!) but had the unintended side effect of sometimes teleporting the hamster holder into areas like the Inner Sea where all the rooms look the same (okay), into areas that cause you to force-drop the hamster on entering them (bad) or into rooms that aren't yet released and were only accessible via teleport (very bad). The force-drop bug was fixed part way through the event, but the inaccessible room bug wasn't fixed until after the event. The people who didn't win are now asking for a redo with the bugs fixed, but the Admins have declined to do so, since the bugs don't seem to have impacted the results too badly. Various people disagree with this decision.
    People are complaining about the way of how Tarken won, simply put I don't really care who won, just how the victory was achieved. I'm a simple person, if there is PK, then I'll PK, but I for one do not like how the victory was met with almost three minutes of Tarken in an inaccessible room and the last minute in an accessible room via teleport only at the time. So don't assume people are who lost are complaining about it because they simply lost. If I'm misinterpreting your comment, then might wanna clarify and not state "the people who didn't win".
    It's a statement of fact... The people who didn't win are asking for a do over. And that's fine and natural. People usually don't complain if they won. Now, if Moi were attributing some motivation to this then you might have something to argue against, but s/he isn't. Don't assume what people are assuming.

Right now you're tilting at windmills.
    To chime in, that's where you are 100 percent invalid and leaves a question in my head, as to say, that you know what I'm wanting or asking for in the group that didn't win. That's quite untrue, some like myself, had not an even an inkling of wanting a do over. Some, like myself are just asking for fair play and none of the bull that came with it, which should have been handled differently and professionally prior to avoid what had happened. 
    <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • I don't think we need to resort to coarse insults. Just put the bunny back in the box and chill, man.
  • edited January 2018
    ???What insults???
  • Calling me an invalid?
  • EssEss
    edited January 2018
    Invalid also means not valid or wrong

And that actually makes more sense
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • I don't think that's what he meant but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
  • Ah yes: you are weakened by illness. Well known coarse insult bandied about on the internet in 2018. That must be what was meant! How mean.
  • You're literally not giving it the benefit of the doubt. Hahaha. He said you're invalid, not AN invalid, by the way.

*popcorn*
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • And then another thread, having run its course, got closed
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ciaran said:
    You're literally not giving it the benefit of the doubt. Hahaha. He said you're invalid, not AN invalid, by the way.

*popcorn*
    Oh yeah. Well perhaps I misread it.  :'(