Player Legends

edited January 2018 in Common Grounds
Lusternians come and go. Some of us leave more of an impact than others.

In my case, @Lendren and @Nejii are standouts as top-of-the-line, everything we wanted Serenwilde to be. Nominations for Ascendant, if it weren't all about combat. And they left a lasting impact, and legacy.

How about you, and why?

EDIT - People have been referring to these players as "legends" which flows better than the previous title.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Sylandra, @Daraius, @Portius and @Phoebus are or were at one time ideal Hallifaxians that influenced the way I play Hallifaxians. 

Likewise for @Shric and @Fania in Celest. @Inagin certainly had an impact, and won't soon be forgotten, as did @Nydekion and @Malicia

@Meliana is someone one of my early alts ADORED, but I don't know if she qualifies. 
  • @Kalodan may not always have been popular but he's someone that sticks out as working to take Snugglewilde and make it Serenwilde. Particularly through the identity loss of the Celenwilde war.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Based on when I first started out, in no particular order: @Nihmriel, @Arel, @Ileein, @Daraius, @Phoebus, @Shedrin, @Ushaara, @Casilu.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited January 2018
    @Murphy, @Shayle, @Lyco, @Ceres/Fillin, @Amaru, @Diamante, @Arel, @Athana, @Geb, @Kaervas...

Sure I missed some, but those were the 'Legends' in my formative years.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Being newer, my list is shorter, but these were the big folks when Versa was a wee sapling.

The Good

@Emar, Whose Words Still Echo
    @Crek, a Giant of Crow 
    @Celina, of Blaze and Glory

The Bad

@Avurekhos, Avatar of Ravenous Antlers
    @Ciaran, Unseen, Yet Felt
    @Falmiis, Freezing Mist in the Prison

And... (sorry, but she's famous) The Ugly

@Fralunah, the Hornet Unrelenting

Honestly, of this list, Emar gets top spot purely because Versa never once met him. Literally, a legend.
  • The Merloch, Ibby, Jasper, Elryn, Gwynevere, All of the Priestesses of the Naos, Muns and Nars, Tuek, Panda Clan... oh so many 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Sylandra 's list would be pretty much identical to my own, but swap me out, throw her in, and add @Llesvelt

On an old Glom character I had that I no longer remember the name of, @Ried
  • No Winnae here? Jeez.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I <3 Winnae.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I miss Winnae. Also, @Everiine. I've always enjoyed our character's interactions. Even when Hiri was being an ass!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Narsrim. Definitely Narsrim.

Also: Vathael (rip), Forren (wish we had got along better), Talkan (surprisingly cool to work alongside if he doesn't know you're Shaddus), Aison (also amazingly cool period), Talan (miss you), Altrea (miss your tough love), Vivet ( astoundingly helpful and charitable to a fault).

Also legends in their own way: Terentia, Fain, Eventru, Crumkane, and Thax.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Lendren, @Zia, @Ialie from my first character experience in Seren

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ayridion/Ilyarin is a commonly known individual in Celest despite only poking his head in very rarely, due to being the first ascension winner and the only player to become a god character before the system switched to ascendants (not including the Xynthin event)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • An underrated legend in my mind was @Faragan, who I feel shaped a large part of the better half of Celest culture. His work as part of the Celestines in shaping the lore of the Supernals and their teachings had and still has a large effect on my character, even today. 
  • Tekora said:
    An underrated legend in my mind was @Faragan, who I feel shaped a large part of the better half of Celest culture. His work as part of the Celestines in shaping the lore of the Supernals and their teachings had and still has a large effect on my character, even today. 
    @faragan is one of very few people in Gaudiguch that I deeply respect.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just discovered my name up there and it made my day. Wow. Very very honoured to have a mention at all.

For me, the people who introduced me to RP and I feel really influenced me (and still do): Nariah, Delphas, Taevi, Revan (He was a giant butt, but he did teach  me a lot), Xiran, Rattusk, Sotsepmet. Other old people that both scared and amazed me: Destridas, Romero, Ixion, Fillin, Esano. Special shout out to Morgfyre for being the best god a girl could ever worship, closely followed by Drocilla, Zvoltz and Yomoigu for their interactions and character building moments with Lavinya. 

• I'm cackling at Revan as "giant butt". But definitely a legend.
  • Anyone who has a role in the very first City-Commune War. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arkh said:
    Anyone who has a role in the very first City-Commune War. 
    Do you mean "Had"?  That was the Hai'Gloh / Xion Initiative conflict.
  • Can they be a living (still playing) legend? If so, Steingrim.
    Two other names that stand out for me from when I was a noob (well, more noobly than currently) are Chade and Persayis.
  • An accident happened recentlyand someone managing the situation laughed and said it was Murphy's Law in action. But I laughed because I thought of Lusternia Murphy time first and had to do extra thinking to recall the saying.

Xiran had a small interaction with Diamante which did help shape some of her thoughts.

Not yet mentioned: @Alianna <3
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Bairloch said:
    Can they be a living (still playing) legend? If so, Steingrim.
    Two other names that stand out for me from when I was a noob (well, more noobly than currently) are Chade and Persayis.
    Of course they can. :smiley:

This thread is about the best Lusternia has ever seen, and if you see it now, then why not?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."