Name a more iconic class duo

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
Yes I play games
Yes I'm a girl
get over it

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2018
    PLAY OCTAVE TACET

(Unless this doesn't work on your own octave, I don't think I ever tried)
  • edited January 2018
    I mean, that's what I did when I walked into Mrak's room to save him except it didn't work.

I don't think there's any music spec with as considerable synergy when you consider NSB/Bloodycaps/Haegl/Manabarbs.

Maybe I should have used the balances to fugue, but that's not what I'm trying to demonstrate.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited January 2018
    Tarken gave you all four aurics and you died to DCC. You shielded against a bard, which was removed by Tarken's blanknote. You tried to leap out of pfifth and sat in octave outnumbered. Tyamit may as well have not been there. 

For the sake of the thread, based on your reaction to pfifth, 2 bards would've deathsonged you even quicker. 
  • Okay, so tell me what is, in any form, comparable to those noose attacks with tritone? :S

I only died to DCC Because of the prior pressure. In case you don't know, the difference between DCC in and out of your own octave is considerable.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited January 2018
    Don't autoclot yourself into oblivion with manabarbs? Use sparkleberry? Don't sip mana at below 50% health when there isn't a mana killer present? 

Haegl/noose may very well need to be nerfed, but your curing and bad response to pfifth is what killed you. Not a great log.

edit: For reference, you clotted away 2430 health away, and sipped mana at 63% mana and 49% health. You sip for just under 2k. Health at time of death was 5261. So 5261+2430+2000 = 9600 health, not including the sparkleberry you didn't use. So if you're saying DCC wouldn't have killed you otherwise, it appears to have been avoidable with some adjustments to your curing.
  • edited January 2018
    The point of my log was to demonstrate the potential of WW/Harbinger. To claim that the ww noose + haegl  sections aren't reproducible is a little iffy, so it's a good thing you haven't done that and instead agree that they most likely need to be nerfed. Of course, the cleaner fix, I believe, is NSB + Noose.

Yeah, I can adjust my elixirqueue with SSC, and I need to prepend truehearing to my escape aliases. I'm still trying to catch up to all my other aliases and triggers since I lost all the data on my PC. The intent of this was to show an effective ceiling of WW/HB which I don't think is achievable by sibling comparisons. 

Also Tarken helped me with making my aurics faster, so that's great too.
    (Also you didn't point out 'EVENT GREATPENTAGRAM' which I may or may not have miswrote during the recent seal challenge)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited January 2018
    Dchords pretty deadly, if a bard can cast that on you you are basically dead. Best thing to do is to leave the room cure the aurics and then come back.

Even with max resistances against it any bards dchord and m6's afterwards is enough to kill me in the stun, never mind any group support or pressure. Just think of dchord as an instant kill, ok its technically not an instant kill, but treat it like one and always dodge it by leaving the room/curing/returning.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2018
    Also, learn to captivate yourself when an enemy bard blanknotes you. Bard v Bard, this can make all the difference.

Edit: Not only that, but I didn't see your song tic once during that whole short battle. You obviously had it up when it dropped at the end, but the passives could have helped you somewhat. Did you actually have anything imbued into it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If he had the song sustained then it would have dropped on death, too - after I flex out of hard my song always drops on my first death.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:
    If he had the song sustained then it would have dropped on death, too - after I flex out of hard my song always drops on my first death.
    That's true. 

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2018
    Cyndarin said:
    PLAY OCTAVE TACET

It's the first Bardmania cycle of 2018 rn, where everyone goes bard because it's so deadly - then everyone has access to PLAY OCTAVE TACET and Fugue and nobody has fun anymore so they go back to their original classes.

• edited January 2018
    (Also all of y'all gave terrible advice regarding what to do correctly. The correct counterplay was 100% convergence (which was why I was raising gpent))

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    It worked so well.
  • Yeah, if I didn't fumble my alias for gpent then panic. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Maligorn said:
    Cyndarin said:
    PLAY OCTAVE TACET

It's the first Bardmania cycle of 2018 rn, where everyone goes bard because it's so deadly - then everyone has access to PLAY OCTAVE TACET and Fugue and nobody has fun anymore so they go back to their original classes.
    Unpopular opinion of the day: Bards, yecch!
  • Maligorn said:
    Cyndarin said:
    PLAY OCTAVE TACET

Ha this is funny because its true :D
    Yarith said:
    Yeah, if I didn't fumble my alias for gpent then panic. 
     Yarith said:
    (Also all of y'all gave terrible advice regarding what to do correctly. The correct counterplay was 100% convergence (which was why I was raising gpent))

I'm confused. You wanted to spend ten power to raise gpent, knowing you were probably under powerspikes, then use a skill to move yourself away from the room while under p5 which cost another 5 power, and (unless I'm mistaken), only works while you're asleep?
  • MoiMoi
    edited January 2018
    New!Convergence irresistibly sends a single target to a random room in the area for 2p. Which is way more plausible than Old!Convergence in this situation. I'll update the wiki (and fix all of the broken tags @Enyalida >_>) in a little bit.

E: For what it's worth, I agree that GPent+Convergence was indeed your best play, Yarith. Bard is not the class to 2v1 with and the Mountains of Madness are a great place to area fling people. But doing it in an octave while you're being set up for DCC isn't the right time for implement that plan. Self-captivatation followed by rolling away to cure would have saved you and then you could have done the Convergence play.
  • edited January 2018
    Great pent costs 10 power. @Moi He didn't have ten power to cast it at any point in the log. Could have refreshed but then wouldn't have the power to converge. Plus powerspikes would have done 80% of his health as damage and probally killed him.
  • ( I could have also gone the other way, of course)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • The correct response to 99% of things that can kill you is spam somersault/roll :D
  • Veyils said:
    Great pent costs 10 power. @Moi He didn't have ten power to cast it at any point in the log. Could have refreshed but then wouldn't have the power to converge. Plus powerspikes would have done 80% of his health as damage and probally killed him.
    Yeah, like I said: good idea, but not the right time for it.