What Would You Play?

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
STOP!

Due to Reasons and Shenanigans, you can no longer play your main character, but will have your credit escrow transferred to a new character of your choosing. What would you play, and why? Discuss freely.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Aquamancer or Aeromancer. I've always really liked the themes of the two meld types. I have no particularly strong opinions toward the orgs they are tied to, however.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Celestine, I'd love to play a Priest.
  • Illuminati, then Celestine, then Nihilist.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Oh god, if I suddenly couldn't play Hiri anymore? I don't know. I'd be tempted by any of the cities. I've played Forestal the whole time, so city anything would be very different! Probably would go for a Guardian or a city Bard. I never did commune Bard in part because I dislike the tertiary options.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited February 2018
    I've been thinking about this all day (obviously, since I made the post) and it's really hard to settle since I've alted about so much, and just in general the interesting path Trem's life has taken. Before I dive in too much, @Riluna and I had similar thoughts but I've heard that retirement credits won't be available to Starmourn immediately after launch, so I'm limiting this to current timeframe, current Lusternia.

I'll start by saying I'm not basing any of my decisions off of PK. Nearly everything is viable now that guilds are overhauled, so apart from city v commune and org v org, a lot of the debate has been settled for me in that I don't have to be a superstar to be supportive in little skirmishes.

Now, I'm going to rate my top five choices, just because there are way too many variations that could happen, and I'll also base my ratings off of the following criteria: lore, aesthetic, my personal enjoyment. These are in an out of 10/10/5 base, because of the subjective nature of my own enjoyment. Yes, I realise there's only one on the list right now. I'm trying to bait people into responding before I post more, because I really want to see what the players of other characters I've solidified as THIS (example: @Rancoura is -THE- Glomdorian to me) could/would play as if they were able to not have to worry about the loss of investment.

(5) - Koi Merian, Sanctifiers, Aquamancer (20/25)

Merian come in so many different flavours, and once my friend and I made twin merian that ran through Celest for a hot minute, sadly never going much further than their early level 40s. Koi are by far my favourite flavour of merian, and a follower of the Flame's Blade who plays as a battlefield medic (yes, I know Celestine would be more optimal) is a great concept.

Lore: Celest has some of the richest lore in the game, and I honestly put it at second - tied with Magnagora and only barely behind Serenwilde for top overall. The Saints have a rich history that went largely unexplored for a Good Long While (tm) that I would love to delve back into, especially since there are Saints that I haven't fully heard of in some Celestine help files. I give this an 8/10

Aesthetic: A shy little boy who grows into a gentle man, espousing the healing powers of water alongside its holy counterparts in Celest - a devout follower of Shakiniel and a great fan of Saint Loathys. This is almost exactly a D&D character I rolled ages ago that has been requested for use as an NPC in so many of my old group's stories. 10/10

My Personal Enjoyment: Strangely enough, I only give this a 2/5. I'm just not a big fan of Celest, and while the character himself would be enough to make me keep playing, the only reason he hit #5 is because of the high lore/aesthetic scores.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Crek said:
    Aquamancer or Aeromancer. I've always really liked the themes of the two meld types. I have no particularly strong opinions toward the orgs they are tied to, however.
    I can't feel the love. :(

• But for me, probably Aquamancer, because I also really enjoy the aesthetic, the power, and more recently, the opportunity to explore Darvellan's Order. Celest in general is also a very solid org mechanics and lorewise.

Harbinger would be a very close second choice because it was my first real stab at Lusternia way back when - but not just to pay homage, but because I really like Glomdoring's aesthetic, and I very enviously look at the Shadowbeat/Dark Heart RP from way up in Hallifax.

• Ebonguard faeling bonecrusher
  • Well since Arix mine (though Krokani, obvs), I would love to try glom cavalier or gaudi guardian.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Tough call. I'd think I'd probably go Hallifax and try aeromancer or maybe those fancy new tessen monks. May I'd also try a pyro... but I don't know. Or go back to the roots again and go MD
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • The very first IRE archetype I played was a paladin, and my first love in fantasy genre games and muds was being a knight. If I can't play an assassin type, I'd be a sword-and-board paladin. Too bad there's no real viable sword/shield set up here.

• I'd probably try a monk class. Probably one of the forest communes, since I've never tried one.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2018
    Celestine. Such an underappreciated class. Tarot, inquisition, mana kill, fully controllable passives, timed insta, and super unstoppable get out of jail free card trueheal all wrapped up into one package. 
  • Krokani Nekotai, apparently.
  • Celestine: enjoyment.

Aquamancer: catharsis.
  • Celestine for me, close second would be Cantor.
  • So many wanting to play something in Celest.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Can't transfer to a pre-existing character? Might as well try making a meddlesome and nosy rogue.
  • Celest if I wanted to try and min-max. Glomdoring if I wanted to min-max and not try.
  • Yeah, I'm also fascinated by how many people have Celest as their second choice.

• The basic problem with Celest right now is that it's kinda dead at the moment in certain time zones. So if that changed, it would be pretty good.
  • SazSaz
    edited February 2018
    After experiencing Hallifax, if I ever had an alt as OP suggests, that'd also be in Hallifax and nowhere else. Org is intimidating from afar but it's very cozy once you get inside.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Moi said:
    The basic problem with Celest right now is that it's kinda dead at the moment in certain time zones. So if that changed, it would be pretty good.
    That's sadly been it's verdict since I've started playing almost three years ago. I am not sure why or how it is that way, but it can be pretty sad for one who plays there.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2018
    I've always wanted to try Aquamancer - or any kind of -mancer, really.

A second to that would be a Shadowdancer or Harbinger in Glomdoring.

Edit: I never put why - for my first choice of Aquamancer/any-mancer, really is a simple 'I've never tried that class before across characters/alts etc' and I'd really like to try out Dreamweaving.

As for Shadowdancers, I guess I'd wanted to be a Shadowdancer when they were still a guild, same for Harbingers (not sure what kind of lore and RP the Glom guilds have now, but those 2 guilds always struck me as having really rich lore and a good RP base, which are two things that always interest me!)
  • Probably Tessenchi. Hallifax seems neat.
  • I would probably go to Jojobo and become a sun druid. Maybe flex to catdancer eventually? Depends on what their bard spec is, I guess.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!