Speedwalking utilities

edited January 2018 in Mechanic's Corner
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrttv1ugh1z6o12/Speedwalking Utilities.zip?dl=1

A script package I've been working on with some help from @Aeldra.
INIT EXITS : Sets up a number of non-standard exits, letting the mapper path to places like the prison, plaxios, tosha, and so on, as well as mapping out several bix rooms (cities other than glomdoring's, soulless and vernal) and the Divine havens.
(LOAD|SAVE) EXITS : Saves all your special exits to a file so you can restore them if you have to download a new map.

INIT MARKS : Sets a number of mapper marks on places like the nexii of each city and the seal rooms.
(LOAD|SAVE) MARKS : Saves/restores mapper marks in case you need to update map.

NODES (ON|OFF) : links all astral nodes in the mapper for running around during Wildnodes.
ASTROBOOTS (ON|OFF) : Sets up exits for using the Astral jumping boots to get around on Astral.

MANSELINK <city> <manse short name> : run this in a manse fulcrux to set up exits leading to and from the manse from the aetherplex and the portal room of the city. Also maps the room and puts it in its own area.

In addition, it will automatically record rifts that you transverse through, so the speedwalker can use them in the future. If a rift is no longer there, it'll delete it. This also works for PATHFIND exits. (Though I haven't been able to test those as thoroughly.) 
(LOCK|UNLOCK) PATHS : Locks or unlocks all PATHFIND exits that it's created, in case you skillflex out of hunting.

There's a little config script where you can register bixes for the mapper to use. Has some handling for the delayed use in enemy territory/masochism dropped.

Feedback is very much appreciated!

Comments

• Why not Glomdoring's? Do you just not have the data, or?
  • Moi said:
    Why not Glomdoring's? Do you just not have the data, or?
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/3283/i-need-help-gathering-some-data
  • @Vadi is this something that could be included in the standard mudlet mapper script. Looks like it'd be generally useful for everyone.
  • edited January 2018
    Veyils said:
    @Vadi is this something that could be included in the standard mudlet mapper script. Looks like it'd be generally useful for everyone.
    Most of it is very Lusternia specific, and could cause trouble on the other IRE games if accidently activated. (Creating rooms and exits that don't exist in that game.) The only thing that might fit well into the main thing is the ability to preserve special exits, as there's already some bits in the mapper code that's already supposed to move mark data to the new map if it gets reset, though I've not had much luck with it. :(

Moi said:
    Why not Glomdoring's? Do you just not have the data, or?

if you can get me the glom data, I'll post a new version with the orgbix room mapped!
  • What do you need for the org bix to update it?

• edited January 2018
    Veyils said:
    What do you need for the org bix to update it?

<div>echo("\naddRoom("..gmcp.Room.Info.num..")")
    <span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">echo("\nsetRoomName("..gmcp.Room.Info.num..",\""..gmcp.Room.Info.name.."\")")
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">echo("\nsetRoomArea("..gmcp.Room.Info.num..",\""..gmcp.Room.Info.area.."\")")</span></div><div><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">
    if gmcp.Room.Info.coords~="" then
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">	local coords = string.split(gmcp.Room.Info.coords,",")
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">	echo("\nsetRoomCoordinates("..gmcp.Room.Info.num..","..coords[2]..","..coords[3]..","..coords[4]..")")
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">end
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">for k,v in pairs(gmcp.Room.Info.exits) do
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">	echo("\nsetExit("..gmcp.Room.Info.num..","..v..",\""..k.."\")")
    </span><span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">end</span></div>

If you can toss that in an alias, run it in the room, and copy/paste the output, it should get me all the info I need.
  • Yeah, I agree this would be good to have! The mapper already had game-specific code that gets enabled only for Lusternia so we could add this in for greater convenience.
  • Kali, do you think you could add it and submit a pull request on https://github.com/IRE-Mudlet-Mapping/ire-mapping-script ?
  • @Vadi2 I'll try to do that once I can get the info I need on glomdoring's wotsit, and can figure out how to smoosh everything into a single XML rather than a zip.
  • Kali said:
    @Vadi2 I'll try to do that once I can get the info I need on glomdoring's wotsit, and can figure out how to smoosh everything into a single XML rather than a zip.
    Export via the package exporter thing. Mudlet can install zip files, provided they're setup correctly.
  • edited January 2018
    I added in glom's bix room, and improved the way it handled bixes.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrttv1ugh1z6o12/Speedwalking Utilities.zip?dl=1
    Also, the little bix table was moved to the 'Bixes' script.
    I don't think I'll work on adding it to the main mapper stuff right now for a few reasons, but it's been put somewhere on my to-do list.
  • I am getting a Lua sytnax error:mudlet-lua/lua/Other.lua:740: attempt to index global 'debug' (a function value)

on 'Transverse and stuff' script and 'Bix handling' script.

Also newest version does not 'init exits' has an 'in pairs' nil error.
  • edited January 2018
    Sorry about that! Should be fixed now, same link should work.
    I'm fairly sure the debug error is being caused by something else outside my script. You likely have some bit of code somewhere else overwriting lua's debug library (which is stored in a table) with a function.
  • It's so neat! I love being able to walk to point A to point B super fast with all the shortcuts :open_mouth:

• Seems to work pretty darn spiffy, barring a couple things.
    If you send multiple movements and they take you into an outdoor room, and then back into an indoor room, it will stop and spam whatever bix it was going to use in the outdoor room.

It occasionally doesn't recognize that you entered the Epic Bix rooms and spams the Epic Bix command repeatedly.
  • I think I've figured a way to fix those issues (sort of, more of a bandaid than a real fix), but I need to wait for the problem to actually happen to me to make sure it works.
  • Having a bit of an issue, I put it in and it seems to make me want to use the vernal curio when I dont have it. Cant figure out how to disable certain curios. Works great for the ones I do have though.

• Sort of couldnt figure out now to deactive it but came up with a bit of a crude work around.

Activate the mapping aliases in mudlet mapper and just do

room delete 29908
    or which ever curio bix room you dont have.

• A lot of the functionality of this script has been squished into the official mapper stuff now, and its bix stuff should be working properly. Here's a stripped down version which should only handle adding the missing areas/marks, and the pausing on delayed bix movement. The other functions and aliases from this should be in the main mapping script now. (improved bix handling, astroboots/wildnodes toggles, manse linking, and recording rifts/paths)
  • Ah just noticing that the medallion room is not mapped as well as default.

I think if you just add

addRoom(13367)
    setRoomName(13367,"The Hallways of Avechna")
    setRoomArea(13367,"the Transcendental Fulcrux")
    setExit(13367,7331,"ne")
    setExit(13367,7336,"s")
    setExit(13367,7329,"e")
    setExit(13367,7332,"sw")
    setExit(13367,7330,"w")
    setExit(13367,7334,"in")
    setExit(13367,7333,"se")
    setExit(13367,6184,"d")
    setExit(13367,7328,"nw")
    setExit(13367,7335,"n")

to the bix rooms thing its all good.

• Warning: am really horrible noob at coding. I  have psymet gliding, not sprint. Is there an easy way to convert the sprinting function to gliding?
  • Kalaneya said:
    Warning: am really horrible noob at coding. I  have psymet gliding, not sprint. Is there an easy way to convert the sprinting function to gliding?
    When I went from warrior to psymet monk, I just added a Lusternia side alias:

SETALIAS SPRINT GLIDE

All the sprint commands you send to Lusternia will be changed to glide, and it's easy to change back. No coding involved, and I never had any issues.
  • Ejderha said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Warning: am really horrible noob at coding. I  have psymet gliding, not sprint. Is there an easy way to convert the sprinting function to gliding?
    When I went from warrior to psymet monk, I just added a Lusternia side alias:

SETALIAS SPRINT GLIDE

All the sprint commands you send to Lusternia will be changed to glide, and it's easy to change back. No coding involved, and I never had any issues.
    Works like a charm, thank you!