Okay, so first thing's first, I believe in credit where it is due. You all can thank @Anelissa
for figuring out how to do this and writing the little bit of code and trigger I've included below. All thanks should go to her, I'm just the messenger boy. I also apologise in advance that this feature is not currently working for Mac/Linux/else users. I don't want to try with my limited knowledge and accidentally bung something up. If you find the way to fix it, please, share and let others know! Now that that's over, here's a list of things you'll need to do to "fix" (AKA ignore every single affliction without ignoring any of the defence lines) mmf to work with server-side-curing (SSC):
- A copy of Notepad++ or like script editing software. Do not try this in regular Notepad, I beg of you.
- The ability and willingness to edit your mmf profile (don't worry, it's not as difficult as it sounds! You just need to do ONLY WHAT IS INSTRUCTED)
- It is possible that if the next mmf update (should there be one) comes out without this issue fixed or a solution implemented, and you will need to do this as necessary.
- To remember that this will ignore mmf's curing of ALL afflictions, not the noticing of them. You may need to play with things like blackout by checking your defences and diag (df and dv appropriately) if things start getting...wonky.
So! Here are your instructions. I've even provided screenshots (linked from gyazo to avoid any forum post length issue). Those of you familiar with this process can ignore the screenshots and follow the written direction. Apologies in advance if the tone seems off for this list, I work in tech support and I know how difficult computers can be for some people, so I wrote this in my customer voice. If it helps, imagine a young, pleasant English (wo)man [seriously. on the phone I sound very androgynous] saying this to you over the phone.
- First, I'd like you to figure out where your mmf folder is located. If you don't know where this is, it's likely in the same place it defaults to for everyone else. If you saved it somewhere else, then go find it! For those of you who need help locating it, open up the File Explorer and/or My Computer.
- Now, navigate to your actual computer, or your C drive. [Usually written as Windows (C:)] You should now see this.
- Let's click on Users. You'll need to then click on the file that has whatever you've set your login to be! (I'm on a friend's computer, so we'll be going under 'Travis'). You should now see this.
- Now, of course, your personal mileage may vary, and you could have several or very few folders here, but the one we want is right at the top. Head on in to your .config section. Old Minecraft players may be familiar with this step! Obviously, we'll be going into the mudlet folder.
- Lots of choices here, but we'll head into the profiles folder. This one screenshot will be done manually through imgur, to protect Travis' privacy and not reveal his characters. Let's click on the profile you'd like to work on. If you have multiple, this is the part where you'll be coming back to keep all your characters in funky fresh forme (too much Splatoon...)!
- Yikes. Even more choices, but here we'll head into the appropriate m&m folder. I use Allclasses, but if you don't, yours should be named [Class] m&m (Blacktalon m&m, Sentinel m&m, etc.) Once you're there, it should look something like this.
- Now, here's the part where you'll need to download some sort of script editing program if you haven't already. For the examples, I'll be using Notepad++, as linked earlier. Right-click on the m&m folder, and click on: Edit with Notepad++.
- Excellent! You're now knee-deep in m&m's core systems and intestines. FOLLOW THESE NEXT STEPS TO THE LETTER TO AVOID CAUSING ANY HARM TO YOUR PROFILE.
- Hit ctrl+f. In the box that appears type: function ignorelist(). Don't freak out because mine's a different colour! It's to help you see the difference better. Click 'Find Next', and you should see the text jump behind your find box. If you look on the left, you'll notice that you're on line 59240 of code. Go ahead and close the find box.
- Scroll down slightly until you get to line 59261. After the word 'end', hit the enter key twice. You should now have a sizeable space between the ignorelist function and the afflist function, like this.
- I've linked this pastebin to give you the code I'd like you to input here. When you're done, it should look like this.
- If you don't have Mudlet open already, open it and go into your profile. You don't need to log in, but do input 'mmshow ignore'. Unless you've ever added anything manually, all that should be there are the deathmarks. Go ahead and click 'remove' on anything that's there, until the list is empty (you can check by doing 'mmshow ignore' again).
- Save and exit your profile and close it. Once Mudlet is closed, click on the save icon (or hit ctrl+s) in Notepad++. You can close it now, and put all that code behind you!
- Now, reopen your Mudlet and choose your profile. Same as before, you don't need to log in, but now we'll be creating an alias. This was sent directly to me by Anelissa, and since I can't upload the xml file to forums, this is what your alias should look like. (You can change the cecho if you like, that's just going to let you know that everything's done!)
- Time for the big finish! Go ahead and input 'mmignoreallconfirm' (the alias we just made), and the system will do its work. WARNING: THIS MAY BE VERY BLOODY SPAMMY. If you made yours exactly as Anelissa made hers, you should see something generally similar to this (internet sleuths will detect this is a screenshot taken previously, when Anelissa showed me how to do it!)
And that does it! You're all clear, and other than what I said previously about diagnosing and checking your defences, you should be golden now. Of course, any questions or comments should be pasted below, and we'll be happy to help as we can. Hopefully this post will be deemed unnecessary after the next update, and we can all avoid mucking up those 60,000+ lines of code. I'm off to put a mario cap on a T-rex now, so hope you enjoy!