Mudlet Questions

14567810»

Comments

• Synkarin said:
    @Zarialle -  it seems that echo_colour isn't saving correctly.

To fix it, open up the script folders, find the 'Load Settings' and underneath the mmp = mmp or {..stuff..} table put this in

mmp.echo_colour = "MediumBlue"

that should fix the 'rf' issue.
    That did it, thank you very much!! :)
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    For the other options, they were working on older versions of the script (I was using that until today!) but they certainly are not working as they should be. I can't isolate the issue, but I've opened an issue on the github respository for this script hoping someone else may be able to help out with it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited June 2016
    Ok.. I had to do a factory reset of my machine. I installed mudlet, check enable gmcp and force autosave on exit. I click the save button, go to triggers makes a few triggers click save. click the X still get a do you want to save box, I click yes.  Re open mudlet all settings are back to default all triggers lost. 

I have tried unistalling/reinstalling even tried running as Admin... what else is left to try?
  • Same thing happened to me
  • edited June 2016
    Instead of using the same world connection you might have to create a new world.
  • Then you might have to find a way to move all your stuff over which is gonna make stuff more sloppy
  • Hrm there there might be another solution but it's hard to explain without a visual image.
  • edited June 2016
    install all your stuff and then close the client, afterwards reopen it and click profile history and pick the latest date. If that doesn't work then there might be a big issue or something.
  • Makaela said:
    Ok.. I had to do a factory reset of my machine. I installed mudlet, check enable gmcp and force autosave on exit. I click the save button, go to triggers makes a few triggers click save. click the X still get a do you want to save box, I click yes.  Re open mudlet all settings are back to default all triggers lost. 

I have tried unistalling/reinstalling even tried running as Admin... what else is left to try?
    I've not encountered this problem before, but it looks like a windows user permission error. If you're running as Admin, it should, on theory, fix it, but windows user permissions can sometimes be a pain to properly work with.

Some additional things to check for troubleshooting: take note of the time (computer time) when you click on the save profile button, and when you exit and reload, take a look at the time of the file you're loading:

This should reflect the time you saved. If it doesn't, that means the save isn't going through. (Note that it should be accurate down to the seconds) User permissions to edit the folder isn't enabled, or something like that, would be the problem.

Alternatively, mudlet could be saving your triggers in a different folder than from where it is loading it, though I'm not sure if that's possible.

• edited June 2016
    Ignore my picture it's a bad example
  • Ok so forwhatever reason the regular Lusternia profile is not saving correctly, However when I made a new one that one is saving correctly. Thank you both Lerad and Rolsand now I can get back to learning how defend myself :)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    When I redid my laptop and got Mudlet and m&mf reinstalled, for some reason, whenever the color of the text changes (highlights, IG text color differences), Mudlet puts extra spaces before the new colored text. Any idea what causes this and how to stop it?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Bump. Still having the same issue.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I seem to have a problem with Mudlet. After a crash, I had to force quit Mudlet. When I started Mudlet again it showed no package. I reinstalled all the packages. They all work fine except for the world map. When I move the map doesn't follow my movement. Also when I enter an other city or go on the road it doesn't change. On top of that, I can not click the rooms to fast travel and when I use "SCENT" I only see the players names. There are no room names next to them, as it used to be. I think Mudlet is not communicating with the map in some way...
    Is there some one who had the same problem before? Or know something that can repair it?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elarin said:
    I seem to have a problem with Mudlet. After a crash, I had to force quit Mudlet. When I started Mudlet again it showed no package. I reinstalled all the packages. They all work fine except for the world map. When I move the map doesn't follow my movement. Also when I enter an other city or go on the road it doesn't change. On top of that, I can not click the rooms to fast travel and when I use "SCENT" I only see the players names. There are no room names next to them, as it used to be. I think Mudlet is not communicating with the map in some way...
    Is there some one who had the same problem before? Or know something that can repair it?

Just to check - you enabled GMCP again? Mapper uses gmcp to center yourself on your current room when you move.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yes, it is enabled.
  • I enebled GMCP again and reinstalled the package. Than downloaded the map again and now it is a white window (where the map is supposed to be) showing the text: "No map or no valid position."
  • What exactly does the following script do (it's the script mm_events from MMF)?

function mm_events(...)

local s,m = pcall(mm.events, ...)

if not s then error(m) end

end

It has a bunch of event handlers, but the one I'm interested in is "mmapper updated pdb". My longer run hope is to better understand how the mapper and MMF create labels, but this is apparently a key script.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2017
    https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions#createMapLabel

mmf has nothing to do with the mapper directly. That function looks to be an error checking function for gmcp events.
  • edited February 2018
    nvm

• edited March 2018

Ostensibly, this script is enabled, because when I try to disable it, it looks like:

Why does this happen? I'm on a Mac. And my aliases weren't parsing the table inside of it during Ascension, which was causing my kata forms not to fire when I tried to append args to them. Now it's working again, but I thought it was enabled previously, too? I'm kind of a novice to all of this stuff.

I have previously made scripts, which show a normal checked box, but this seems to be happening to any I now create or disable and then try to enable again.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Naevari are you on your newest mudlet version? I kind of remember seeing that on an older mudlet when you disabled an alias sometimes, but I always had the impression that it was just a render issue and clicking the disable/enable twice fixed it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I guess not! I'm still on 2.1. Maybe I should update. But either way, I seem to have solved the problem by clicking in the box instead of on Activate.

Thanks for responding, though, @Aeldra. Appreciate it :)
    Now am curious... does Lusternia have atcp ? and if so, how do I get mudlet to actually register it?
  • It probably still does, and Mudlet will automatically use ATCP if GMCP is disabled in Mudlets settings. ATCP has less information than GMCP and it is more difficult to work with - there's no advantage to using it.
    Vadi2 said:
    It probably still does, and Mudlet will automatically use ATCP if GMCP is disabled in Mudlets settings. ATCP has less information than GMCP and it is more difficult to work with - there's no advantage to using it.
    Ah, I wasn't aware. Thanks :)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Vadi2 said:
    It probably still does, and Mudlet will automatically use ATCP if GMCP is disabled in Mudlets settings. ATCP has less information than GMCP and it is more difficult to work with - there's no advantage to using it.
    We are discussing a situation where GMCP was specifically coded to return bad values (apparently, at least) but other commands seem to work correctly.

In a situation where GMCP is busted, if another option does work that would seem to be an advantage.

That said, I do not know if ATCP works for this, I just know that the ROOMNUM command does.
  • What are the odds that someone could strip MMF down to just a defense tracker module?
  • Pretty easy, just set all afflictions to be ignored - or even just pause the system.
  • Kali made an alias to do this. In the other thread you can get it.