Simple Ideas

Comments

• Can we get an artifact to spy on one's own org's nexii?

Also, can we get the same as a Council Priv? If you want us to police things, give us the tools.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Can we please construct benches indoors? I mean, I get why we can't construct beds and things outdoor rooms, but that I can't have a stone bench in a room where it'd be really fitting is a little sad to me at least. That might be a design limitation that I'm not aware of, but I thought I'd bring it up!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • MoiMoi
    edited February 2018
    You can do indoor benches. It just has to be a design flagged to be indoors instead of outdoors.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Moi said:
    You can do indoor benches. It just has to be a design flagged to be indoors instead of outdoors.

and this needs to go the way of the dodo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I would love to see some measure of point to be able to destroy denizen shields with things like void/nullify/wonderhorn buffet/etc, without the denizen shiedling faster then you can regain balance/eq
  • Without beast balance, I find it faster overall to just pause a moment and let the mob attack again than use raze skills. 
  • edited February 2018
    Aeldra said:
    I would love to see some measure of point to be able to destroy denizen shields with things like void/nullify/wonderhorn buffet/etc, without the denizen shiedling faster then you can regain balance/eq
    This aspect of denizen combat has always seemed unnecessary to me. It's great that they have shields, but there's nothing you can do other than wait for them to attack or hope you have beast balance up. The only thing it adds to the game is that you have to tank more hits in rooms with multiple agro denizens while the shield is up on your current target. In a single denizen fight, it just wastes your time. Technically, even in the multiple mob scenario you can just leave the room until the current shielded mob is ready to attack you upon entry and then nothing really changes at all.
  • Warriors and Monks get around with with raze/damage abilitites and bards can blanknote the shield away so much faster than the mob can cast it.

Its pretty much just druid/mage/guardian/wiccans that suffer from this annoying issue.

I wouldnt mind some creative ideas to solve it. Something like tweak the sylph so that you can order the sylph to sleep a target mob though shield so you can order sylph sleep/invoke nullify and ensure that they can not reshield until your next attack. Not sure what you'd do with druids or such but you know throw the ideas about and maybe we can knock together a bashing report soon.
    For guardian types, being able to order one of their ents to break the shield sounds intriguing, but for the rest. We could of course divise something clever for each class specifically, which frankly, would've quite some style, sadly also would be a tad complicated. Alternatively one could think of something like preventing a denizen to reshield for 5 seconds after the shield has been shattered, though that probably is indeed rather boring. Hmm, somethign to think about.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2018
    These classes were balanced around being able to be stonewalled by shielding 1v1 (basically you had to rely on your bards, monks and warriors to get those shields down for you). Wonderhorn buffet kind of breaks this, which is part of the reason why MDs and SDs are so strong right now. You could rebalance all those classes to an easy shieldbreak, but...seems like a lot of work.

Maligorn said:
    These classes were balanced around being able to be stonewalled by shielding 1v1 (basically you had to rely on your bards, monks and warriors to get those shields down for you). Wonderhorn buffet kind of breaks this, which is part of the reason why MDs and SDs are so strong right now. You could rebalance all those classes to an easy shieldbreak, but...seems like a lot of work.
    Oh am talking about bashing here, not about combat. I don't want to touch combat mechanics at all.
  • That's what I get for trying to seem clever. In my defense, I'm sick af right now.

• Get in bed with a hot flask.
  • Maligorn said:
    That's what I get for trying to seem clever. In my defense, I'm sick af right now.
    Two measures of brandy. Fresh lemon juice. Fresh ginger. One tablespoon of honey. Topped up with hot water.
  • edited February 2018
    Wrong thread! Am sleepy!
  • Could artisan wares that have been packaged be flagged whether they are outdoors or indoors, please?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Chancellor Artifact - City/Commune Master Key

Gives a Chancellor the ability to unlock a City/Commune shop door without requiring a new lock and key to be punched out.  If someone happens to cut their thread or loses their shop due to not paying their taxes, it would allow the chancellor to enter the shop and clear it for a new tenant without having to drop 10,000 gold every time they need to do so, also saving them having to seek reimbursement from the city.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kagato said:
    Chancellor Artifact - City/Commune Master Key

Gives a Chancellor the ability to unlock a City/Commune shop door without requiring a new lock and key to be punched out.  If someone happens to cut their thread or loses their shop due to not paying their taxes, it would allow the chancellor to enter the shop and clear it for a new tenant without having to drop 10,000 gold every time they need to do so, also saving them having to seek reimbursement from the city.
    This needs to just be a command that shows up in the shoplogs and the city logs. Hiding it behind an artifact is just asking for the cities/communes to shell out credits every time they replace the Chancellor.
  • Presumably he means an "artifact" like the old guild administrator ledgers or champion artifacts. You get it when you're appointed chancellor and lose it when someone else is. 
  • edited February 2018
    CITY/COMMUNE UNLOCK DOOR <dir> should work? Pretty sure it does. It's also tied to chancellor in privs, and doesn't seem to cost gold. Also shows in priv list unless something is going terribly wrong on our end.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Ianir said:
    CITY/COMMUNE UNLOCK DOOR <dir> should work? Pretty sure it does. It's also tied to chancellor in privs, and doesn't seem to cost gold. Also shows in priv list unless something is going terribly wrong on our end.
    if memory serves, unlock door does -not- work on the stockroom door.
  • It unlocks magical locks, but not mundane ones last i checked. Its basically only for impounding the contents of a storeroom.
    edited February 2018
    @Ianir - what they said.  I actually submitted an IDEA regarding it in-game, given that I have tried it more than once, both as a shop owner and the shop under another person as shopkeeper, which were unsuccessful.

Enya said:
    Presumably he means an "artifact" like the old guild administrator ledgers or champion artifacts. You get it when you're appointed chancellor and lose it when someone else is. 
    This. The Steward receives one when they take up office - In the case of Celest, it is called "The Imperial Annals" - it is pretty much the same as the old guild ledger artifact that GAs used to get.

Heck, some ideas for potential themed keys for the cities/communes:
    Hallifax: A complex crystalline master key
    Gaudiguch: A sticky, alcohol-soaked key  >_>
    Magnagora: A gruesome angelbone master key
    Celest: An elegant platinum master key
    Serenwilde: An ethereal master key
    Glomdoring: A shadowy blackthorn master key 

(Ok so I thought of those purely off the top of my head in about 30 seconds.  I'd be quite open to other suggestions! )

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kagato said:
    @Ianir - what they said.  I actually submitted an IDEA regarding it in-game, given that I have tried it more than once, both as a shop owner and the shop under another person as shopkeeper, which were unsuccessful.

Enya said:
    Presumably he means an "artifact" like the old guild administrator ledgers or champion artifacts. You get it when you're appointed chancellor and lose it when someone else is. 
    This. The Steward receives one when they take up office - In the case of Celest, it is called "The Imperial Annals" - it is pretty much the same as the old guild ledger artifact that GAs used to get.

Heck, some ideas for potential themed keys for the cities/communes:
    Hallifax: A complex crystalline master key
    Gaudiguch: A sticky, alcohol-soaked key  >_>
    Magnagora: A gruesome angelbone master key
    Celest: An elegant platinum master key
    Serenwilde: An ethereal master key
    Glomdoring: A shadowy blackthorn master key 

(Ok so I thought of those purely off the top of my head in about 30 seconds.  I'd be quite open to other suggestions! )

One of these things is not like the other. Maybe you should alt in a specific city more and learn its rp beyond "drunk".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • "Serenwilde: An ethereal master key"
     I mean...
    Ok maybe I should elaborate further.  It was about 11pm at night when I made the post and they were VERY rough ideas just off the top of my head.  It was just something to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

• Some little stage-related requests:

I would love the ability to search productions by director, org that submitted it, prestige winners, and maybe time (for example, STAGE LIST 15 could show productions 15 minutes or less in length).

STAGE EMOTE - similar to STAGE HECKLE, but something that would allow the audience to emote something recordable at the stage the other reactions don't allow for (dabbing at teary eyes!)

If the above isn't allowed because the stage only records noise from the audience and shouldn't record the physical actions from the audience itself, what about adding a few more canned options? For example, STAGE SNIFFLE (Moved to emotion, Lief sniffles loudly at the performance on stage), STAGE SOB (Wracked by emotion, Lief chokes out a sob from the audience), STAGE LAUGH (Lief laughs aloud at the stage. - a laugh track, filmed before a live studio audience!) 
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."