Knowledge Seal 2018

Including should be all of the extra lines that happen during the Quiz.

----
Avechna, the Avenger says, "Whatever occurs, whatever we face: remain. Remain, and compete, and honour the Seal of Knowledge with your wisdom."

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 0.
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 10 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "What is the strongest force in all Creation?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "The wrath of an Anomaly."

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 3.
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 15 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "Who named the Astral Plane?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Emperor Ladantine VII"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 4.
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 20 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "On what date did the Holy Empire announce Project Cosmic Hope?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "23rd of Elohian in the 542nd Year of the Imperial Empire"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 6.
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 20 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "The Aegis of Vestera was constructed for what purpose?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "To protect the dreams of the Sleeping Child from the Soulless Muud"

Reality shifts overhead, the very air trembling beneath an alien pressure bearing upon your mind. A brief glimpse of a terrifying vista is afforded underfoot, overlaying the here and now with white skies upon red stars dripping burning ice.

Avechna, the Avenger says, "Mortals! We shall continue, no matter what happens. Turn your gazes away from the outside. We shall focus on the Seal, and the Seal alone. These visions are simply that; there is no threat to the Basin other than our abandonment of our duty."

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 10.
NEW QUESTION: "What was the name of the Head Researcher for the care of the Spire of Dionamus in the run up to its initial deactivation?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Buidag"

The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 15 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "What being, responsible for injuring the Serene Goddess, is the creche-mate of Xarriv, the Reaver?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Mamaac, the Melder"

NEW QUESTION: "Which Aslaran was the first to bring one of the Verses of Magnora related to the plots of Ghani n'Rotri?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Chiku Swiftpad"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 9.
NEW QUESTION: "The throne of Ciarrus, leader of the Grey Moors Aslaran bears carvings depicting the Vernal God Shanth battling which Soulless God?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Crazen, the Greedy"

Astral screams rip through reality as the air ripens with an overwhelmingly fetid stench, the breath of death made manifest, that seems to intensify with each passing moment.
The form of Avechna radiates a wash of pure, white light - it surges over you and banishes both the foul scent and the painful screeches.
You see Avechna, the Avenger shout, "You may try all that you wish, Ghani n'Rotri, but you may not harm these mortals here. They stand under My protection, and they will claim this Seal whether you desire it or not."

NEW QUESTION: "Of which organisation are Constance Walker and Elsa Fallows members?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Lusternia Humanistic League"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 7.
NEW QUESTION: "During the false ending of the Age of Ascension at the will of the Higher Gods, which Elder Goddess was consumed by Zenos?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Drocilla, the Enchantress"

NEW QUESTION: "How many Astral spheres are there?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Twelve"
CORRECT ANSWER: "13"

Avechna winces, clasping at His head as a vicious barb of yellow light lashes against His face.
Avechna, the Avenger says, "But - no! No, that is - what?!"
Globs of gelatinous goo precipitate out of the aether, raining down bloodred slime that emits a sickly sweet odour of fetid meat.
Avechna all but growls, swinging an arm outwards and casting the foul gunk from reality with little more than a thought.
Avechna, the Avenger states, "Remain. Persevere. We are halfway, mortals - one amongst you shall claim this Medallion, and all shall be well."

NEW QUESTION: "What time in the day did Hallifax's Board of Governors meet to first discuss supporting Project Cosmic Hope?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "9:00am"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 5.
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 10 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "When the Elder Gods were studying the return of the Soulless in the Observatory with Xyl, what was the first distinct body part witnessed?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "A gigantic eye"

NEW QUESTION: "How many years after Project Cosmic Hope did Lolly Pringle finally write his memoirs?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Twenty"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 10.
NEW QUESTION: "Which Soulless God destroyed the village that was first home to Cimtri, the Oracle of the Earthburner?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Great Muud"

Flares of vibrant colour erupt through the air, golds and pinks and blacks and whites melding together into impossible colours and shapes. Alien images and concepts float lazily through the formation, giving visions of far-off wonders laced with an inexplicable paranoia of the unknown.
But Avechna remains at your side, a towering bastion of purity. He raises His eyes to the sky and booms: "No!"
Vivid white washes over all things, appearing as a moment of complete blindness; when your sight returns, the impossible images have faded and are forgotten.

NEW QUESTION: "What weapon was used to close the first set of portals opened by Ghani n'Rotri to the Astral plane?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "The Sulfurous Spear of Abyssal Torment"

Avechna, the Avenger says, "For this next question, I shall award a bonus of 3 points to those who give the answer in the correct order."
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 30 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "What Tarot cards were animated to form Ghani n'Rotri's final assault upon Avechna's Peak and the Nine Seals?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Dark Emperor, Teacher, Magician, Lust, Hermit, World"

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 8.
NEW QUESTION: "What numbers do the Promised Verses of Magnora span?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "MXXIV to MXXXI"
CORRECT ANSWER: "24 to 31"

NEW QUESTION: "What threat classification was Ghani n'Rotri awarded when imprisoned by Gaudiguch?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Ultra-omega"

The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 30 seconds to answer this question.
NEW QUESTION: "List the five denizens who were corrupted by Ghani n'Rotri and forced to open portals to the Astral Plane."
CORRECT ANSWER: "Sakima Stonemane, Apprentice Asaami, Elalioll Wingwhisper, Taelo Aves, Wise Lady"

NEW QUESTION: "What city was used as a trap by Kethuru the Almighty, intending to catch Meridian, the Last Elder?"
CORRECT ANSWER: "Lamerea"

As you left (3p and 1p, gave Highly Neurotic.):
As Braem turns to leave, a whip-like lash of golden energy surges forth from nothingness and envelops his head in a suffocating bind, pulling it backwards as deep yellow light forms a sickly aura around him. When the energy fades, Braem is left with a slightly glassy look that remains as he departs.
As you turn to leave, a whip-like lash of golden energy surges forth from nothingness and envelops your head in a tight bind. It burns, and covers your nose and mouth, but gasping for breath is no longer a concern to you: it has covered your eyes, and you can see ... something. Everything. Horns and scales and flesh and bones and screams and too many things, too many, all at once seeping into your mind and - and you have left the room. The energy is gone from your face, breath rushes hot and hard back into your lungs...but you can still see the things that should not be.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused. There's a 13th astral sphere? Is it Serpentarius?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think that was Shallamar. Never found a way to that myself :(
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm confused. There's a 13th astral sphere? Is it Serpentarius?
    There was some talk about it being some rock? I don't know, Could be Shallamar like Xeii said?

Xeii said:
    I think that was Shallamar. Never found a way to that myself :(
    Shallamar used to be (not sure if it still use) the newbie area that you first entered when you created a new character and the fates would have you walk around the place to get you used to moving and commands.
  • I believe the "13" answer was a result of Avechna being attacked by Ghani throughout the quiz. He must've made him fumble or somesuch - and it might be some delicious foreshadowing.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:
    All incorrect. There's a little single room "sphere" that is basically nothing but a dock. You can reach it via astral aetherspace if you know where to look. While there is no node, this is considered the "13th sphere" from a lore perspective, and it's just really easy to forget it exists.

I may or may not have been dropped onto this room before, but I wasn't aware it was a sphere.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It all comes down to technicality, I suppose! I know I've definitely heard it referred to at the 13th sphere in the distant past. That said, whether or not it could eventually be more is not for me to say. Maybe the little mention might be some hint of foreshadowing after all! Or maybe it's just a reminder that it exists, period.
  • I know about the rock, I just don't think it counts as an astral sphere. But w/e.

• Xeii said:
    I think that was Shallamar. Never found a way to that myself :(
    Shallamar isn't Astral. It's Nil before it was Tainted. Depending on your philosophical perspective, either there's no way to get to it because it no longer exists, or you can get to it if you go to Nil.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.