Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Chisel of the Divine Gemcutter (2500cr)

Once per IG year, the owner of this chisel may SPLIT WONDERITEMS. Doing so breaks all of her wonderitems into their component wonder crystals, with no crystals lost in the conversion.

As an added bonus, you can reroll the name of your wonder items once per IG day (vs. month).

I conceptualise this as sitting as the final piece in the min-maxer's arsenal (I know that minmaxing isn't really a thing anymore); you get changeling, then demi+, then change-class-thingy, then this chisel to allow a complete and utter re-spec when you want it.
  • I hesitate to suggest this next one, but how about Crowns of Mastery linked to a sub-set of astrospheres? For (2000cr?) they give the effects of the current crowns, but also allow jumping between the relevant spheres, and make your Insanity count as one level below what it actually is while you're in the relevant spheres. Needless to say, they wouldn't work during Ascension.

I don't care how they're grouped, just giving an example. 

Crown of Fire - Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
    Crown of Air - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
    Crown of Earth - Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
    Crown of Water - Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
  • @Versalean you can already transform wonderitems per IG day! at least I'm able to with my wonderclock!
  • Anita said:
    @Versalean you can already transform wonderitems per IG day! at least I'm able to with my wonderclock!
    Ah, silly me! I haven't needed to do so since almost rolling the perfect wondercorn. Do you think removing the cooldown altogether would be okay, in that case?
  • Versalean said:
    Anita said:
    @Versalean you can already transform wonderitems per IG day! at least I'm able to with my wonderclock!
    Ah, silly me! I haven't needed to do so since almost rolling the perfect wondercorn. Do you think removing the cooldown altogether would be okay, in that case?
    I think for the price of the artifact, removing the cooldown completely would be really cool - I'm the same with my wondercorn and only learnt the other day it was per IG day :smiley:
  • Infinite manse bookshelf (100cr?) - Manse bookshelf allows to store unlimited number of books inside and acts as checkout-only Library (gets a copy of any book published at one of the Great Libraries).
  • Something that allows you to raise defenses for no power cost.
  • Broach of the Elements: 2K cred arti it acts like the various rings that prevent forced movement on the elemental planes. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Rune of the Eternal Destination[1K? 2K?]: 
    ATTACH [rune#] TO [inert syntax to use device for specific location]

Use:you attach this to a device such as booklet or pyramid that allows you to set a number of temporary locations. This makes one of them permanent[chosen by user].

• Versalean said:
    I hesitate to suggest this next one, but how about Crowns of Mastery linked to a sub-set of astrospheres? For (2000cr?) they give the effects of the current crowns, but also allow jumping between the relevant spheres, and make your Insanity count as one level below what it actually is while you're in the relevant spheres. Needless to say, they wouldn't work during Ascension.

I don't care how they're grouped, just giving an example. 

Crown of Fire - Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
    Crown of Air - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
    Crown of Earth - Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
    Crown of Water - Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
    IMO, Fixed Crown (Leo, Aquarius Taurus, Scorpio); Mutable Crown (Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo, Pisces) and Cardinal Crown (Aries, Libra, Capricon, Cancer.)

Because then you get an equal number of Org-linked spheres per crown (two each) for Wild Nodes.
  • I'd never pay for anything like that, and I'd be interested to see how many people bought the area-bound crowns. I like the concept of them, but I think they're sorely overpriced.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Yarith said:
    I'd never pay for anything like that, and I'd be interested to see how many people bought the area-bound crowns. I like the concept of them, but I think they're sorely overpriced.
    Personally, I'd rather not see more crowns, simply as I consider them heavily overpriced for what they do/achieve. Their attacks are inferior / not really comparable to owning a whip, which you get for half the price, the damage buff is nice but well... and the base presence thing is quite nice but also not that great. In short, I had one of them once, I traded it in because I never really saw that much of a gain in having/using them.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Cowskin Belt of the Cow Butcher[100 cred?]:
    When Auto-walking [SS path tracking/M&MF goto etc..] bumping into cows now mearly kills the cow and doesn't stop you. It's butchered corpse remains in the area you bumped into it, though.

• Naevari said:
    Honestly, I think some kind of differently themed alternative to the orclach whips would be nice. I think that the whips would be thematically cool as an alternative sort of artifact weapon to the ordinary ones our classes use IF everyone and their mother didn't have one. Going on a hunting trip and seeing however many demigods whip things to death in unison is kind of uninteresting to me, for that reason, and it hurts the distinct flavors of the classes lore-wise in those situation, IMO.

I think such an alternative could be something entirely new, or there could be, IDK, class-themed orclach weapons, even if it's something as simple as a jian for monk, a land-based polearm for warriors, an alternative cudgel for druids, etc. (The first two being examples because they'd be thematically appropriate without catering specifically to one spec in particular, but they ARE just intended as examples.)
    I'd love if whips were runes instead! I'm not sure how the runes would work for monks and dual-wield warriors, but I would also like some variety in that regard.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Naevari said:
    Honestly, I think some kind of differently themed alternative to the orclach whips would be nice. I think that the whips would be thematically cool as an alternative sort of artifact weapon to the ordinary ones our classes use IF everyone and their mother didn't have one. Going on a hunting trip and seeing however many demigods whip things to death in unison is kind of uninteresting to me, for that reason, and it hurts the distinct flavors of the classes lore-wise in those situation, IMO.

I think such an alternative could be something entirely new, or there could be, IDK, class-themed orclach weapons, even if it's something as simple as a jian for monk, a land-based polearm for warriors, an alternative cudgel for druids, etc. (The first two being examples because they'd be thematically appropriate without catering specifically to one spec in particular, but they ARE just intended as examples.)
    I'd love if whips were runes instead! I'm not sure how the runes would work for monks and dual-wield warriors, but I would also like some variety in that regard.
    I guess I also didn't consider the difficulties of class switching if the whip alternative is class-themed. Maybe the rune could be attached to your armour but affect your weapons? And would it be in any way imbalanced if it split the damage evenly between the two or three attacks afforded to those classes?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I'd be very much in love with seeing more chance of variety in bashing weapons and would totally support that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2018
    Lief said:

Make it something that can be worn (hunter's gloves? orchlach bracers?) instead of a rune/whip, and it changes the damage type of your denizen harming attacks to whatever damage type. Maybe add in a line after the attack to show the change (a flash of <golden light/fire/other damage types no one uses> strikes <mob>). Either same provisos as whip (inferior against players) or the change only happens against denizens anyway.

Tylwyth said:
    Cowskin Belt of the Cow Butcher[100 cred?]:
    When Auto-walking [SS path tracking/M&MF goto etc..] bumping into cows now mearly kills the cow and doesn't stop you. It's butchered corpse remains in the area you bumped into it, though.
    Any reason to not just use the already existing Dancing Cowhide Boots that prevent bumping into cows (and presumably sheep)?

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • @stratas Because I want the cows to die!

• edited February 2018
    In regard to alternatives to the orclach whip, it's also one-handed and can be used with a shield, right? So that's something that would likely be good to take into account when designing said alternatives.

If it were something that affected class-based bashing attacks, that might make it tough for, say, Ninjakari, who use a two-handed weapon if I'm not mistaken. Two-handed warriors could in theory equip a one-handed warrior weapon, I guess.

Maybe providing a host of artifacts with alternative nouns and allowing players to customise based on their own taste/desired characterisation would be best. All I know is that right now, I'm finding the whip to really make the spectacle of established players bashing bland and samey. Plus it really harms freedom of characterisation, IMO.
  • Artifact of keth bit summoning.

Does what it says on the tin.
  • Bracers of [the pious] (500cr)

Lets you skin your whip attack. Requires approval of Godmin (just like demi Zap). Upgrade from bashing whip.

• Veyils said:
    Artifact of keth bit summoning.

Does what it says on the tin.
    What's a Keth bit?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Naevari said:
    In regard to alternatives to the orclach whip, it's also one-handed and can be used with a shield, right? So that's something that would likely be good to take into account when designing said alternatives.

If it were something that affected class-based bashing attacks, that might make it tough for, say, Ninjakari, who use a two-handed weapon if I'm not mistaken. Two-handed warriors could in theory equip a one-handed warrior weapon, I guess.

Maybe providing a host of artifacts with alternative nouns and allowing players to customise based on their own taste/desired characterisation would be best. All I know is that right now, I'm finding the whip to really make the spectacle of established players bashing bland and samey. Plus it really harms freedom of characterisation, IMO.
    Maybe instead of whips, like, a set of javelins, a set of daggers, a set of bows, a set of mallets, etc... Then make one per damage type that doesn't have an equivalent, ie: a radiant discus, a corrupted scythe, a blazing torch, a frigid pick, a toxic syringe, a grim noose, a keen needle, a wicked saw, a heavy meteor hammer, a mystical grimoire. 
  • edited February 2018
    Aeldra said:
    something I wanted for a while:

a gnomish dummy (400 cr)

attacking this dummy let's you gauge how much damage your specific attacks would do against a denizen through fancy clockwork indicators attached to the dummy. Turning the valve attached to the dummy let's it switch between counting as a player and counting as a denizen. Works for vital drains of all three types if in player mode. Can receive afflictions in player mode. Afflictions are automatically cured after a set amount of time ( or through turning the gear ). Needs to be attached inside a manse to function.
    Would really, really love to have something like this. It would be nice if you could also manipulate its stancing and parrying.

(Although as a PVP newb, IDK whether the effectiveness of such testing would be reduced by the lack of variable parry/stance-related skill levels. Like, don't Knighthood and Kata make parrying and stancing respectively more effective, or am I mistaken? I guess you could set whether the dummy were acting as a fully Trans'd monk or a knight. Either way, though, even if it isn't totally worth it to include parrying and stancing, it'd be great to be able to test damage/affliction stacking/balance recoveries against a dummy artifact.)