Formal Etiquette and Dance Class

A Formal Etiquette and Dance Class brought to you by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs of the city of Hallifax, the Beacon of Harmony.

Etiquette Class held by the Lord Aelaoili Skysoarer and Lady Linira Cloudwalker ; Dance Class held by Minister Xeii Shevat and August Nelras Shevat.

------

The Grand Collectivist Ballroom.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Wispy white light billows from a frosted glass chandelier overhead.
Seated in the orchestra pit of the ballroom, the various Symphonists of the State Symphony Orchestra
remain poised to perform, awaiting instruction. Before the entirety of the orchestra, Conductor
Fre'zik zi'Prouep holds aloft a diamond baton whilst studying the sheet of music at his podium with
intense scrutiny. Engraved with soaring swans, a crystalline table stands here, various platters,
bowls, and trays stacked high upon it. Yvai, the battle sheep dwells here, antler-bearing head
raised proudly. Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate stands here, surrounded in an aura of ghostly,
flickering wings. He is surrounded by one reflection of himself. Her hands covering her eyes, the
statue of a winged, crystal woman bows her head here, weeping.
You see a single exit leading northwest.

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says to Aeldra, "I am afraid that there might be a small delay,
although it will only be a small one. Do feel free to help yourself to something from the table
while we wait."

Aeldra nods softly at Nelras, "A small hold up you say?" she flutters around the bowl once more,
before tearing herself away to hover next to Nelras again, "I don't think I'll be very attentive if
I give in to the snacks now." she remarks to Nelras' offer.

Aeldra looks over at you, a hopeful smile on her lips, asking "Are there doom cakes?"

You sadly say to Aeldra, "Sadly not! I was unable to find honeycombs."

Aeldra slumps down slightly, her form shrinking a little. "Aww, that's sad." she remarks, "But
probably for the best. Not sure I could focus on anything if there were doom cakes."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Aeldra.

Ejderha grins slyly as he lifts a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass to his lips. "If we are
practicing for an Ascension Gala, I wonder if Doom Cakes are tempting the Fates a bit?"

Glancing between you and Aeldra, Nelras says, "I am sure that honeycombs can be found another day."

Aeldra grins at Ejderha, "I think everyone is tempted by doom cakes. They are that delicious." she
finished with an enthusiastic nod.

Eyes sparkling, you say, "I have made a new doom cake recipe, for the Trial of Beauty."

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says to Ejderha, "Such is almost to be expected of the Gala, I
would think. All of us, all of the sealbearers as well, gathered in one place - is that not also
tempting the Fates?"

Aeldra flutters over to you, whispering "But you haven't revealed it yet!" to you. "I'd love to try
it!"

A series of pure, crystalline notes sounds in the air as Xeii steps smoothly into being.

Ejderha raises his glass in salute to Nelras, his grin widening to a smile. "Excellent point,
Legate! Perhaps this temptation would even distract the Fates from the main event!"

Nelras smiles softly at Xeii.

Xeii curtseys gracefully.

You have emoted: Anita clasps her paws together and smiles sheepishly at Aeldra, "I do not want to
jinx my chances if I made it before the places were announced!"

Banks of clouds roil about here. Bright and airy, this stately chamber is a flawless circle in shape,
with a high domed ceiling adorned with a masterfully painted fresco illustrating the reemergence of
Hallifax into the present time stream. Depicting the precise moment when the translucent shield
separating the city has begun to shatter and the winds of the First World are sweeping once more
through the crystalline city, the fresco's jewel-like colours shine bright and pure overhead. A
series of wrap-around balustrades ornament several gilded balconies that rise up towards the domed
ceiling, segmented by an elaborate mezzanine inside which an orchestra pit has been cleverly devised.
Tall arched windows encircle the ballroom, the clear panes bordered with narrow stripes of sky-blue
glass that throw azure bars of light across the room in a radiant starburst pattern when struck by
slanting rays of sunshine, moonbeams, or starlight. Between the windows, fluttering pennants hang
from gilded poles, each embroidered with the state seal of Hallifax and the sigils of its guilds.
Regal blue velvet carpeting lends an impression of warmth and luxury along the walls and upon the
wide steps descending into a sunken marble dance floor at the centre of the ballroom. Wispy white
light billows from a frosted glass chandelier overhead. Seated in the orchestra pit of the ballroom,
the various Symphonists of the State Symphony Orchestra remain poised to perform, awaiting
instruction. Before the entirety of the orchestra, Conductor Fre'zik zi'Prouep holds aloft a diamond
baton whilst studying the sheet of music at his podium with intense scrutiny. Engraved with soaring
swans, a crystalline table stands here, various platters, bowls, and trays stacked high upon it.
Yvai, the battle sheep dwells here, antler-bearing head raised proudly. Mianzi, the little red panda
sits here, tail curled around her body as she watches the world curiously. Her hands covering her
eyes, the statue of a winged, crystal woman bows her head here, weeping. Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern
Legate stands here, surrounded in an aura of ghostly, flickering wings. He is surrounded by one
reflection of himself. Tribune Ejderha Strongleaf with a Pilgrim face radiates an aura of severity
and calm as he lingers here. He wields a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass in his left hand.
Wreathed in the interwoven threads of the Great Tapestry, a Fate-touched adventurer stands here.

You see the following people here:
Aeldra, Nelras, Ejderha, Xeii, Anita.

p table
Constructed from smooth planes of frosted crystalline, this exquisite table bears tiny, artfully
placed snowflake inclusions beneath its surface. Smooth and polished, the edges are reminiscent of
ice with decorative, bevelled edges. This fine piece of furniture sits atop thick and stout legs,
each crystal pillar engraved with the crest of the Aerie, soaring swans flying to partake of the
feast above.
It weighs about 100 pounds.
An exquisite, crystalline table engraved with soaring swans is holding:
"keg205663"                   a barrel-shaped keg of bloodstone (filled with ambrosial wind wisp
tea)
"keg27708"                    a beehive keg (filled with harmonious pearl white tea)
"keg299418"                   a shiny moonhart keg (filled with golden aubade white tea)
3 items found.
It has the following aliases: table, banquet.
[HINT]: You see a PLATTER, a BOWL, and a TRAY on the table. Probe them to see the menu selection.
Cups and glasses are empty, refill them from a keg or other container.

Aeldra makes a courteous mid-air bow towards Xeii, smiling at her appearance, before turning her
attention towards you again, "I understand, but please do understand it's hard to contain my
excitement at that, as well."

p fre'zik
Brow furrowed in intense concentration, this handsome, but focused, lucidian male is impeccably
dressed in a stately black tail-coat, pressed to a glossy ebon sheen. Two brass cuff links formed to
resemble a treble clef and a bass clef respectively adorn his sleeves, and a crystal rose sits
snugly in his jacket's buttonhole. With his posture perfect and blue bow primly tied at the collar,
this lucidian epitomises the stiff Hallifaxian ideal of formality. His spiked hair appears to be
impossibly slicked back, exposing his well-defined cheekbones and double-cleft chin to lend him a
theatric sort of charm. Striations of errant ruby and sapphire course through his shimmering
opalescent skin, swirling with something akin to anxious excitement. He holds aloft a diamond baton,
poised to conduct the State Symphony Orchestra at any given moment.
Conductor Fre'zik zi'Prouep is quite powerful.
He weighs about 100 pounds.
He is loyal to the Grand Empire of Hallifax.
You cannot see what Conductor Fre'zik zi'Prouep is holding.
It has the following aliases: conductor, fre'zik, zi'prouep, lucidian.

p orchestra
The lucidian and trill Symphonists of the State Symphony Orchestra each wear impeccably tailored
uniform suits complete with sweeping tail-coats, brass cuff links, and a crystal rose on their lapel.
Each section of the orchestra has been separated in orderly fashion, deeming the background of the
ballroom the realm of the percussion and the brass instruments, the wings that of the strings, and
the inner circle that of the woodwind ensemble. Betwixt the strings and the woodwinds, a single
stately piano, glossy in its crystalline construction, resides beside an enchanting golden harp, the
solitary instruments each harboring a single Symphonist to evoke their harmonies.
It weighs about 312 pounds.
It has the following aliases: orchestra, state, symphony.

Comments

• You curtsey gracefully before Xeii.

Conspiratorially, Tribune Ejderha Strongleaf whispers to Aeldra, "I am tempted by all her cooking,
    nothing new there!"

By way of explanation, Nelras quietly says to Xeii, "A new cake recipe."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement at Ejderha.

Xeii flares a soft emerald at this before moving to examine the table. She returns quickly with her
    chosen items, citrine swirling around her form.

Xeii takes a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass from a latticework vermeil tray.

Xeii takes a small apricot tart with a shiny glaze from an ivory porcelain bowl.

Nelras joins Xeii by the table, although he takes a few moments longer to return.

You have emoted: Anita looks briefly over to the table, smiling. "I do hope the refreshments I
    selected are appropriate. I wasn't sure what to make, so a little of everything seemed to be a good
    idea."

Aeldra nods seriously at Ejderha, acknowledging his point with a nod of her head. She flutters a
    little closer to an ivory porcelain bowl, peering within "It indeed all does look tempting, Anita."
    she says, appearing torn about whether to take something.

Xeii smiles slowly, lowering a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass. "A good cup of tea is just
    what I needed to fortify myself before demonstrations." She takes an experimental nibble of a small
    apricot tart with a shiny glaze, clearly not wanting to miss out on your cooking.

Smoothing his head plumes into place, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, enters from the northwest.

You curtsey gracefully before Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Nelras takes a careful, drawn out sip from a silver laced crystal tea cup. "Indeed," he agrees,
    before turning to bow to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Xeii curtseys gracefully before Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit arrives, his hand running through his feathery head pinions in
    thought.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit inclines his head politely to those around him.

Nelras tells you, "Perhaps now would be a good time to remind the city of our gathering here?"

Surveying the group, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Greetings all." He pauses a moment
    and murmurs softly, "Oh, have I missed everyone?""

(Hallifax): You say, "Greetings, citizens! Our Formal Etiquette and Dance Class will now shortly be
    starting - should you wish to join, please make your way to the Grand Collectivist Ballroom within
    the city."

Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "Ah, Lord
    Skysoarer. No, you have not missed anything - the citizens will soon be gathering."

(Anonymous): You say, "Greetings, everyone! Our Formal Etiquette and Dance Class will now shortly be
    starting - should you wish to join, please make your way to the Grand Collectivist Ballroom within
    the city of Hallifax. Refreshments have been provided also!"

(Hallifax): Nelras says, "It will be an opportunity to ensure that you are prepared, no matter what
    the upcoming Gala may bring."

Aeldra performs a mid-air bow towards Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, before finally deciding
    against the bowl and fluttering back to hove next to Nelras and Xeii.

Comprehension dawns upon his face, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "I see." With a
    charming smile he adds, "It seems I missed my cue to be fashionably late then. The Lady Shalmae will
    be horrified."

Cryx arrives from the northwest.

Iawa arrives from the northwest.

"Hey!" Cryx greets warmly.

With a flourish of his arm, Iawa bows deeply.

You curtsey gracefully before Cryx.

You curtsey gracefully before Iawa.

look aelaoili
    With knowledgeable eyes like crystalline malachite, Aelaoili Skysoarer exudes a sense of steadfast
    and superior wisdom, from his sensual yet serious lips to the upright pose that refuses to slouch.
    Immaculate to a fault, this lean and slender trill is never unprepared or dishevelled from his
    perfectly placed head feathers to the polish on his shoes. Dusted in gold, his otherwise snowy white
    crest and wings glitter with naturally born aureate edging along the tips with subtle gilded bands
    offering additional shine. His studious outfit comprises a high-collar, ivory dress shirt, black
    brushed cotton trousers with matching leather boots and a burgundy velvet vest. Accompanying these
    basics is a golden waist chain, silk puff tie and charcoal frock coat to complete the ensemble and
    provide a neatly fitted silhouette.
    Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit looks to be crushingly strong.
  • Cryx bows respectfully to you.

Xeii curtseys gracefully.

Politely bowing to the new arrivals, Nelras says, "Thank you for joining us tonight."

Iawa, Aeldra, Cryx, Nelras, Ejderha, Xeii, Anita.

Inclining his head cordially to the young new arrivals, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit looks
    them over with a keen eye and murmurs to himself to discuss proper greeting techniques. He then says
    aloud, "Ah, I am most pleased to see younger citizens partaking of our lessons! Splendid."

Cryx flashes Iawa a joyous smile.

Xeii's smile is clearer than usual and encouraging as she catches Cryx and Iawa's eye.

Casually making his way over to you, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit leans in and whispers
    something softly.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit tells you, "I must mention my time is quite limited as I have
    other duties. I shall keep my lecture to a half day only."

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says, "Might I be excused for a moment? I need to show another of
    our younger citizens where the Ballroom is."

With a flourish of his arm, Nelras bows deeply.

Iawa smiles softly, "I am most pleased I can attend."

You tell Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "Of course, understandable."

Souris arrives, following Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate.

Aeldra adjusts her spectacles in an unfocused gesture, before taking a look over the arrivals.

(Anonymous): You say, "We are now beginning with our class should anyone wish to tag along last
    minute."

Souris, Iawa, Aeldra, Cryx, Ejderha, Xeii, Nelras, Anita.

Xeii gazes at Souris as her body suddenly lights up with a cheerful, citrine yellow glow.

Tirah enters from the northwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

Tirah curtseys gracefully.

Nelras bows respectfully to Tirah.

Xeii flashes Tirah a joyous smile.

You have emoted: Anita clears her throat and steps before the gathered guests, dipping into a
    curtsey and rising again with a smile. "Firstly, thank you all for coming - I do know it was
    somewhat short notice to organise such an event, but I am pleased to see you all nonetheless! As you
    know, the Third Ascension Gala is soon upon us, and I thought it would be a good idea to get
    together and learn a thing or two, and be prepared for whatever may come during the Gala."

Ejderha beams broadly at you.

Aeldra changes up to a slightly higher altitude, listening intently to you.

You have emoted: Anita turns to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit and inclines her head politely,
    "To begin, Lord Skysoarer here will be holding our Etiqutte Class first - and then we shall move
    onto the dancing after?"

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit nods once in agreement to you.

Glowing with a dark ominous orange, Cryx says, "It could be the last culture event in existance ever,
    so we better make it count."

Naevari arrives from the northwest.

"Aha!" Lief utters to herself before quickly hushing, covering her mouth with both her hands and
    winging quietly into the ballroom.

Aeldra smiles softly at Lief and Naevari's appearance.

Xeii greets Lief and Naevari with a nod, flickering a sunny gold.

Bowing his head to hide his eyes, Naevari says, "Pardon my tardiness. Your city proved quite a maze
    for me."

Lief half-turns at Naevari's voice, and the silent look on her face practically reads aloud how
    relieved she is to not be the last person in.

Nelras smiles at the new arrivals, saying, "Indeed, it can seem that way. I hope that your journeys
    here were not too difficult."

Linira Cloudwalker wanders languidly in from the northwest, slowly blinking her sleepy eyes.

Nelras bows respectfully to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer.
    Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer holds her hand up so as to better view her nails in the
    light.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Tsk, not quite right yet."
    Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer returns to polishing her nails.

Lief shakes her head brightly at Nelras, beaming. "Not at all!" she says brightly, dragonfly wings
    humming.

You curtsey gracefully before Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer.

"Darlings!" Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer exclaims delightfully, twiddling her fingers
    in greeting. "I do hope I am appropriately late."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit tells you, "Elocutionist, I shall begin once I know you are
    ready."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Xeii's lips as she glances at Nelras.

• The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nelras's lips as he glances at Xeii.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit tells you, "Elocutionist, I shall begin once I know you are
    ready."

You tell Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "I believe you can begin, Lord Skysoarer. No others
    have informed me of their impending arrival!"

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer lightly pecks the air beside each of Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit's cheeks, greeting him formally.

Curtseying, Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian
    Dreamer, "Welcome, Lady Cloudwalker. A pleasure to see you join us."

"Not for me, either," Naevari agrees, raising his head to reveal a faint smile as he approaches the
    group. When he arrives at its periphery, he adds, "Just a little bit of confusion here in the city
    itself, but I found my way through in the end."

Weaving through the group to stand in the front and centre, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit
    stands tall and proud before the assembled and in a clear voice, "Greetings one and all, young and
    old, citizens and friends of our Beacon of Harmony. It is my most prestigious honour to bestow upon
    you the wisdom and guiding principles of the Grand Aerie of Harmonious Refinement."

You have emoted: Anita steps swiflty to Ejderha's side, making way for Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural
    Pundit.

Lief claps her hands together and then, spying nobody else clapping, stills them by weaving her
    fingers together.

Aeldra turns herself within mid-air, sapphire wings beating a little faster as she focus her
    attention solely upon Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer settles comfortably at the side of the ballroom, one ear
    tilted towards the Cultural Pundit as her eyes rove over the gathered crowd.

Ejderha smiles brightly at you, but tries otherwise to keep composed and proper, as befitting the
    occassion, as he watches Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Raising a finger he enunciates precisely, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "My discussion
    shall cover expectations of etiquette for such an occasion as the Ascension Gala, though it
    certainly can span beyond to everyday life as well. We will focus primarily upon the Gala as that is
    what I was asked to speak upon specifically."

Naevari glances aside quickly to make smiling eye contact with Lief, then turns instead to Aeldra,
    whom he greets with a nod before turning his attention to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

You have emoted: Anita clasps her paws together, head tilted as she listens intently to Aelaoili
    Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Iawa, Souris, Cryx, Tirah, Nelras, Ejderha, Aeldra, Naevari, Lief, Xeii, Anita.

look linira
    This delicate bird-like trill is a study in affected boredom, all languid grace and heavy-lidded
    eyes. She lounges about with the appearance of complete idleness, though there is a glitter of
    alertness in her sleepy, carnelian-hued eyes. Her mop of ashy brown feathers is artfully tousled, a
    careful arrangement giving the appearance of indifferent haste. Her clothes are ostensibly simple
    and casual, though the cut and rich fabrics betray a skilful design and construction and a high
    level of quality. Her feathered wings are particularly soft and downy, cream and brown in colour
    with traces of the same carnelian-orange as her unusual eyes.
    Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer appears to be extraordinarily strong.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "I wish to cover broad points for maximum effectiveness in
    memory retention of guiding principles for decorum, conducting yourself with respect and honour in
    mixed and high society for your own propriety and the reputation of the Beacon of Harmony as the
    leader in proper decorum."

Following your example, Xeii quietly moves off to the side with Nelras, gleaming with a variety of
    soft colours in excitement.

Moving to the left casually, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit raises three fingers now and
    continues, "I will cover these in three segments, before the Gala, during, and after."

Nelras directs a soft smile to Xeii before turning his attention fully to Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit.

Naevari's eyebrows pull in and downward as he listens, an expression of the most intense
    concentration on his face.

Despite doing her utmost to remain silent, Lief cannot help the quiet hum of her dragonfly wings as
    she watches Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit nearly without blinking.

Clearing his throat before moving into the first segment, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says,
    "My time is short, so I apologise as there shall be no room for questions, however, do consult
    fellow Aerie for guidance should you require. Or, seek me and I shall be pleased to clarify."

Mianzi, the little red panda pulls out a bamboo fan and wafts it before her face, cooling herself as
    her eyelids droop and she collapses into a small bundle of snoring fur.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Before the Gala. There is much to prepare before
    attending such a highly publicised event as the Ascension Gala. We shall discuss attire and escorts.
    "
    Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's face lights up with a delighted grin at the mention of
    clothing.

Taking a deep breath, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit eyes the crowd one by one as he speaks,
    "For the most proper decorum, it is expected to clothe all visible parts of your body excluding the
    face. Though I shall leave material and colour choices to be freely chosen as this could very well
    be a lecture unto itself, you should not permit inappropriate exposure of any flesh."

• Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Gentlemen, when your shirt and jacket are worn, raise
    your arms to test. Ladies, wear gloves and shawls as appropriate. It is acceptable to test and
    monitor your movement to prevent accidental exposure of inappropriate flesh."

Aeldra pulls out a little notepad and holds it in one hand, as she repositions herself to more
    easily take notes from her hovering position, eyes following Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit
    through her spectacles.

Lief nods as she listens, apparently utterly oblivious to her bare-clad feet dangling beneath the
    lower hem of her a lightweight kimono robe swimming with fanciful koi.

Naevari lifts an unclad hand before his face and stares at it with a puzzled expression. Then, very
    quickly - almost so quickly as to utterly evade notice - he ventures a glance at his dirty feet.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "We shall move next to the topic of escorts. Ladies, it is
    inappropriate to arrive, in some slang 'stag', or without escort. You should be accompanied by a
    gentleman escort in public or guardians of paternal or maternal influence. Especially unwed young
    ladies who hope to be courted with propiety."

Ejderha glances down at the fur-covered backs of his massive paws, mouthing the word 'flesh?' with a
    raised eyebrow. Then, he shrugs and shakes his head, trying to hold in a snicker.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Tirah raises her eyebrows.

One of Aeldra's eyebrow jerks up slightly at the mention of escorts as she continues to listen.

Twirling her fingers, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "A gentleman escort, Aelie?
    How specific of you. Any gender of escort will do, male or female or otherwise, as you well know."

Lief thoughtfully leans her cheek into her hand, tapping it with her fingertip.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit darts an eye at Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer and
    raises his eyebrow momentarily before clearing his throat to continue.

You have emoted: Anita's mouth opens and closes, a frown creasing her brow momentarily as she
    glances down to a ringless finger.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer inspects her nails idly, glancing up at Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit with faint boredom.

Looking around the ballroom at the men in attendance, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says,
    "Gentlemen, you obviously require no escort, but I shall note that when acting as escort you should
    be chivalrous. Offering an arm to your lady that she may be escorted with honour and pride is
    appropriate. As well as opening doors, or clearing impediments of any kind. Refrain from rough or
    vulgar language in the presence of your chosen escort."

As she examines her nails, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer mumbles something pointed about
    everyone requiring an escort, not simply women.

You have emoted: Anita nudges Ejderha's side with an elbow.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "When arriving at your event, whether it be a Gala, high
    tea, or lecture, do offer decorous greeting by way of an incline of the head, bow or curtsey. Being
    overly familiar in mixed company, is inappropriate and only serves to show yourself as
    unsophisticated."

Tirah crosses her arms and gives a firm nod in Linira's direction.

Naevari bites down on his lower lip and, although appearing a bit puzzled, nods slowly at the
    trill's advice.

Ejderha turns and offers his arm to you, holding it at a perfect right angle and low enough that she
    can easily take it without reaching. "Like this?" he whispers.

Aeldra's eyes dart momentarily towards Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer, facial expression
    changing to a faint smile towards Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer, before turning her
    attention back to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, notepad still at the ready.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit nods his head at Ejderha.

Xeii smiles softly at Ejderha.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "At the Gala, there will be refreshments aplenty. It is
    expected to make small talk, but take a care to not speak until your mouth is empty of food and
    drink."

You have emoted: Anita lifts a paw and places it upon Ejderha's offered arm, smiling brightly and
    nodding.

Nelras likewise offers his arm to Xeii, holding it low and steady so that she does not need to reach.

Iawa's ears perk up as his eyes brighten at the mention of food.

With a cautionary tone, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "In mixed company, it is also
    advised to avoid discussions involving politics or religion lest your discussion devolve into
    fisticuffs, which is absolutely prohibited as uncouth and beneath expectations."

Xeii's fingers rest lightly on Nelras's arm, a brief but rosy smile sent his way.

Looking skyward a moment as his next words bring to mind Those above, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural
    Pundit says, "Should a Divine arrive, whether for this Gala or enter your presence in any way, it is
    most appropriate to kneel. Even for those of our enemies, as homage to their omnipotence, though we
    disagree with Them to do less could easily be considered insult."

Winging closer to Naevari, Lief takes care to whisper very softly at his shoulder.

• Looking down his nose carefully meeting each person's eyes, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says,
    "And though you are welcome to attempt such insult, I would find offense in any of the Beacon who
    did so, firstly. Secondly, you forfeit your life to consider it."

"And as we all know," Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer remarks drily to those either side
    of her, "one must not disagree with a Divine lest one end up shooting Mount Zoaka with a giant
    cannon."

A wry smile spreads across Tirah's face.

Clearing his throat and running a hand through his head pinions, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit
    says, "On that note, do attempt to remain in controlled composure of yourself no matter what
    alarming or ironic anecdotes are spoken."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit glances briefly askance at Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian
    Dreamer.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer smiles winningly at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Aeldra's eyes shadow over as memory is drawn to her by Linira's words, shaking her head firmly to
    lose it and turning her attention to the present, shifting herself a little backward in the air to
    change position.

Xeii nods her head affirmatively at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Remaining silent, Nelras gives a slight nod of his head.

Tilting his head toward Lief, then turning it very slightly in her direction, Naevari whispers
    something that only the faeling can hear.

Lief grins delightedly at Naevari before flitting away.

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Standing up straighter and pulling his clothes neater, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says,
    "Finally, after the Gala. Though it may be more difficult to do so in this instance, it is always
    proper to personally thank your hosts for inviting you to attend before leaving the festivities. Bow,
    curtsey or incline your head with grace whether you enjoyed your time or no. For regardless of your
    personal experience, your hosts went to great effort and expense to permit your attendance."

Naevari blinks as the faeling flits away, but otherwise, he remains silent, his eyebrows pulling
    inward and down again as his attitude of total concentration reasserts itself.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer snorts a small laugh. "As if Bob's coffers are even
    slightly diminished by the Gala."

Glancing wryly at Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer, you hide a grin behind your hand.

Xeii raises an eyebrow slightly, taking a moment to ponder upon the extent of Trader Bob's affluence
    before returning her attention to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Clearing his throat again as he eyes Linira Cloudwalker briefly before finishing, Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit says, "I do hope I have provided some very basic guidelines to see you through the
    upcoming Ascension Gala and many more as you conduct yourselves with decorum and aplomb."

Taking a step toward Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit
    rubs his thumb and forefinger on his temples briefly and says, "Honestly, Linira, I knew you
    volunteered to provide a demonstration, but did not quite expect the level of disruption. Perhaps,
    you will like to take the lead on discussing inappropriate influences?"

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit flashes Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer a wry, but
    charming smile.

Stepping forward from her spot at the side, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer dips into an
    extravagent performer's bow. "Darlings," she proclaims, eyes sparkling. "What a lark! Ah, but you
    must pardon me my little display."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes twinkle enchantingly at Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit.

Xeii's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Aeldra nods thoughtfully at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit in acknowledgement of his lesson,
    followed by a small bow towards him. She then turns her attention towards Linira Cloudwalker, the
    Carnelian Dreamer, turning a new page in her notes.

Inclining her head politely, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Gathered gentlemen,
    ladies and guests. I shall now take you through the many ways in which I disrespected our hosts,
    Lord Skysoarer, and indeed myself."

"One," Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer states, lifting a single, perfectly manicured
    finger. "I arrived late. Contrary to what Lady Silverplume may have you believe, to arrive late is
    not a sign of fashion. It is a sign of disrespect for one's hosts, and of a lack of ability to keep
    time."

(Bureau of Artistic Endeavours): Xeii says, "Mm, a clever way of hosting a lesson, this."

Naevari at first doesn't react the change in orators, but then, when Aeldra bows, he follows by
    executing a shallow one of his own only a moment later, albeit jerkily and in a rushed sort of way.
    Then, rising more slowly and gracefully out of his bow, he turns his attention to Linira Cloudwalker,
    the Carnelian Dreamer.

Lief lowers her gaze, a rare look of something abashed crossing her features.

(Bureau of Artistic Endeavours): Nelras says, "Indeed, it is. I wonder how many she will list."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer steps forwards into the very centre of the room, rotating
    on the spot to easily catch the eyes of all gathered.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Secondly, I greeted the gathered masses, and then
    Lord Skysoarer personally. It is polite to greet one's hosts first, for they have gone to the effort
    of providing you with a soiree."

Sure enough, Nelras's eyes follow Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer as she moves to deliver
    her part of the lecture

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer brushes at a stray feather in her tousled mop of a crest.
    "Greet your friends last, darlings, for they know you well enough to wait."

Iawa yawns suddenly and mightily.

Naevari bites down on his lip at that, then lowers his eyes to the floor.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "As to the third - oh dear, child, you really must
    get some sleep. It is quite rude to appear at a gathering so tired - I made quite pointed comments
    at Lord Skysoarer's lecture."

• Xeii notices Naevari's and Lief's reactions, tilting her head slightly towards them with a soft glow.

You have emoted: Anita lifts a berylline floral notepad in her paws, taking notes as Linira
    Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer lists off offences.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes dart then to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit,
    narrowing slightly. "Now whilst my remarks might have been entirely correct..."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit glances askance.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "They were not polite. If you absolutely must remark
    on something, for the love of the Nine, do it telepathically."

Aeldra nods slightly in acknowledgement of that point, making a short note on her own notepad.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's jovial expression creases into a small frown. "Lastly,
    and perhaps most painfully, I brought up a portion of history that ought not to be discussed at a
    gathering intended for leisure. Choose your topics well, and carefully."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "By all means, engage in healthy and spirited debate
    - even about difficult events - if you desire. But do so carefully, and kindly, and with a mind
    towards your audience's wellbeing."

Nelras subtly glances around the room, taking in any reactions to the points being raised.

Inclining his head in acknowledgement, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "This is especially
    prudent at the Gala, since it is held to commemorate an event such as the Trial of Ascension."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer nods her head emphatically.

Lief lifts her gaze anew, flashing Xeii a quick little smile before settling her attention on the
    two speakers.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit's stern expression softens a little towards Linira Cloudwalker,
    the Carnelian Dreamer. "Thank you, Master Artist. I believe that covers the majority of your
    peformed transgressions."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Aeldra nods again, as if to herself, making further notes upon her sheet, careful not to spill ink
    from above.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "The majority, Aelie? My goodness. Darlings, there
    we have the rub of it. You are never going to cover all of your foibles, your tics, your tendencies.
    You are simply covering them with something of a veil. They remain there, sometimes even visible -
    but, nonetheless, concealed."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes twinkle enchantingly as she dips into a full
    curtsey, then strolls to loop her hand casually in the crook of Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural
    Pundit's elbow.

Lief flashes Xeii another quick, warm smile from where she hovers, hands clasped together.

Taking up position next to Iawa, Cryx says "How about the position of serfs and labourers at the
    Gala? Can we entartain with the upper classes or is there a side-event?"

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit claps his hands together merrily.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Ah, I was just about to call for questions. I note,
    however, that one ought to wait for those holding court to request them before you voice them, young
    man."

Aeldra raises another eyebrow, a slight frown appearing at the context of the question raised by
    Cryx, yet listens intently at the answer.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "As to your rank, I will note two things. Firstly, that
    those who have passed through the Portal of Fate and are accounted the profession of adventurer hold
    a much more flexible position within the Caste System. A serf you may be, but a serf you are not for
    life."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit gestures politely in the direction of the guests from outside
    Hallifax. "Secondly, note that the Ascension Gala is not a Hallfiaxian event. Just as our guests
    here operate outside our Caste System, so too does the Ascension Gala. Rank must be observed and
    noted, but the function of the Castes is very much an internal formation."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer nods her head in agreement. "Your standing in Hallifax
    carries the respect it merits, darling, but it does not exclude you in any fashion."

• Aeldra makes quick notes of the answers given, her frown lessening into a neutral expression.

Naevari shifts his posture a bit, looking uncomfortable.

Cryx nods his head to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer with a grateful smile.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Are there any other questions?"

Lief hesitates, then raises a hand.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit tilts his head and listens intently to Lief.

Nelras gives Lief a brief, yet reassuring, smile.

You smile softly at Lief.

With a glance aside to Aeldra, Awanydd Lief Myeras-Silvermoon asks, "We were discussing the matter
    of escorts, Aeldra and I, and I was wondering whether it'd be considered appropriate to arrive in a
    group?"

Aeldra tilts her head at Lief, smiling.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit purses his lips in thought, carefully considering the question
    with the focus it deserves. "It would be unorthodox..."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes raise to the heavens as a look of hope flashes
    across her face.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "But not at all inappropriate. Darling, if you wish
    to attend in a group, by all means do so. Perhaps not more than three - five at the absolute most.
    Any more is a crowd."

Lief a look of relief flashes across her features, and, content with the answer, she bows her
    antlered head in thanks.

Naevari looks over his shoulder at Lief as she speaks, the tenseness bleeding from his frame, a
    faint, easy affectionate smile replacing it on his lips.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit frowns in disapproval, but does not contradict the Master Artist.

A look of relief flashes across Lief's features, and, content with the answer, she bows her antlered
    head in thanks.

Tirah raises a hand, one of her eyebrows noticeably raised.

Aeldra taps her nose thoughtfully, nodding then to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer in
    understanding and a hint of agreement.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit nods his head at Tirah.

The smile fading, his expression once more hardening into one of utter concentration and thought,
    Naevari returns his attention to the gathering's hosts.

Nelras, Iawa, Cryx, Tirah, Ejderha, Naevari, Lief, Aeldra, Xeii, Anita.

Blade Dancer Tirah Mzithrei, the Succor says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "It seemed most
    curious to me that there should be different rulings on arriving without escort based on gender, I
    had actually never heard of anything like this before, would you care to explain why it would be
    improper for a Lady to arrive on her own but not for a man?"

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit frowns in confusion, his expression genuine. "That is - that is
    just how it is done."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer gives Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit a pained sigh.

With a flourish of his arm, Iawa bows deeply.

Patting Aelaoili on the arm, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Allow me to answer
    this, darling."

Xeii offers Iawa a small smile before acknowledging him with a nod.

Nelras inclines his head politely to Iawa.

Lief hides a grin behind her hand.

Iawa blushes deeply before saying, "If you will all pardon me a moment."

Tirah tilts her head and listens intently to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer.

Aeldra raises an eyebrow at the answer given, continuing to listen.

You look up at Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer curiously.

"Etiquette," Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer pronounces confidently, "is neither a
    standard nor a universal set of rules."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit turns a look of abject horror upon the Master Artist.

Holding her free hand up, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Darling, let me finish.
    For Lord Skysoarer, the rules of etiquette are set in a specific way."

Xeii inclines her head politely to Lilyin.

Aeldra inclines her head politely to Lilyin.

With a polite smile, Nelras bows to Lilyin as she arrives.

Lief flashes Lilyin a smile in greetings before returning her bright interest to Linira Cloudwalker,
    the Carnelian Dreamer.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "For others, they are different. Just as it is with
    cultural deviance in etiquette; the rules for comportment in Serenwilde, for example, do not frown
    upon bare feet."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Lief glances askance.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "But you
    would never begrudge their culture for operating in such a way, I do not think?"

Iawa quietly takes his place back against the southern wall.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit shakes his head. "Certainly not. That is how things are done in
    Serenwilde, and one ought to respect the cultures of one's allies. This, however, is a Hallifaxian
    class."

Ejderha nudges you suggestively.

Aeldra flutters closer towards Lilyin, following onward the conversation happening.

Frowning, Naevari lowers his gaze still further, so that this time it settles most decidedly on his
    feet and stays there.

You have emoted: Blush evident beneath her fur, Anita tugs nervously on the end of her sash, her
    head dipping to look down at her bare feet.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "It is. But given that you are so willing to accept
    a deviance between Hallifaxian and Serenwilde culture, is it not possible that there is also a
    difference within Hallifax itself?"

• Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit creases his brow in a frown.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "You have the logic of a Researcher, Master Cloudwalker."

Biting down on his lower lip, Naevari slowly raises his gaze again so that once more it flits
    between the two speakers.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says to Tirah, "For Lord Skysoarer, darling, it is one way.
    For many of us - myself, and evidently yourself included - it is a different way. When confronted
    with such a conflict, one must have confidence in one's own traditions."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "You will find, I think, that if you comport
    yourself confidently, none will question you. Even Aelie."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer's eyes sparkle with amusement at Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "After all, dearest Miella and I have been attending
    functions together for years, and I have never once heard Lord Skysoarer comment upon it."

Tirah nods her head emphatically.

Clearing his throat, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Unless there are any other questions,
    I believe this lecture has gone on a little longer than intended."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit inclines his head politely to you.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "My apologies, Elocutionist."

Aeldra curtseys gracefully, "If I so may, It has been quite the enlightening experience and I am
    thankful for the opportunity to have been allowed to attend such an event." she says, calmly.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer flashes Aeldra a joyous smile.

You have emoted: A bright smile appearing upon her face, Anita shakes her head at Aelaoili Skysoarer,
    Cultural Pundit, "Not at all, Lord Skysoarer. It seems we have all been enjoying the advice given
    and discussion after. But perhaps we should break now for a short time for refreshments, and then we
    can move on to our Dance Class?" Her eyes roam across the group to Xeii and Nelras, head tilting
    curiously.

Lief claps her hands together, bobbing her head eagerly with a chimed in, "Me too! I was just
    telling Minister Xeii how much I absolutely treasure the events that Hallifax hosts and invites
    allies to. Thank you!"

Xeii looks around at those gathered, checking for any raised hands. She nods to you. "By all means,
    yes. Some time for myself and Nelras to prepare as well."

Xeii smiles softly at Lief.

You beam broadly at Lief.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit steps to one side, gracefully shifting Linira's hand into his
    and allowing him to dip into a deep bow as she curtseys politely.

Addressing both Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit and Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer
    Nelras says, "Allow me to thank you both for the time you have taken to speak to us today." He bows
    and a slight smile comes to his lips.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "It has been my pleasure, Legate. Alas that my time draws
    short, for I must return to my duties. I shall leave you all in the capable hands of the Grand Aerie.
    "

Lief beams broadly.

You have emoted: Anita dips into a curtsey before Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit and Linira
    Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer in turn, "Thank you, Lord Skysoarer, Lady Cloudwalker. It is much
    appreciated that you both have taken time from your duties to share some basic guidelines for our
    citizens and honoured allies. I do hope we can all take from this - and remember - such words of
    wisdom and advice."

Xeii smiles warmly at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit and Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian
    Dreamer, curtseying. "Fair winds to you, and thank you both for your time today."

Smiling faintly, his earlier agitation apparently forgotten, Naevari inclines his head to the two
    speakers in a way itself suggestive of a bow. "Yes, thank you," he agrees with others. "I've learned
    a great deal I knew nothing about, previously."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit pats Linira kindly upon the hand, before bowing deeply as he
    makes his precisely polite departure.

As he leaves to the northwest, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, folds his wings courteously
    behind him.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer waves daintily at the Cultural Pundit's back, before
    sighing contentedly and returning her winning smile to the crowd.

Xeii gestures to an exquisite, crystalline table engraved with soaring swans, raising her own teacup
    slightly. "There is a wide selection of items for you to enjoy. Just the thing an audience needs
    after a long lesson."

• You take a silver laced crystal tea cup from a latticework vermeil tray.

Lief flits over to an exquisite, crystalline table engraved with soaring swans, exploring it with
    wide, roving eyes.

Aeldra smiles at the mention of refreshments, fluttering over to the table and taking a look once
    again at the selection of items presented.

With effervescent grace, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer plucks a cup from the tray and
    begins sipping with delight at the floral beverage.

Awanydd Lief Myeras-Silvermoon whispers to Aeldra, "Cheesecake!"

Aeldra beams broadly at Lief.

Lief points excitedly at the bowl upon the table.

Aeldra takes a bird of paradise cheesecake from an ivory porcelain bowl.

Aeldra takes a bird of paradise cheesecake from an ivory porcelain bowl.

Cryx takes a platter of assorted cheeses from an ivory porcelain platter.

Cryx quickly devours a platter of assorted cheeses.

Lief tentatively sticks out her tongue and licks a bird of paradise cheesecake.

Lief puts her nose over a bird of paradise cheesecake and inhales.

Cryx takes a small apricot tart with a shiny glaze from an ivory porcelain bowl.

Ejderha raises his glass in a toast to you.

Aeldra grabs two pieces of cheesecake from the bowl, smiling thankfully at Lief, before returning to
    Lilyin's side, handing her one of the aquired cake pieces, before delicately nibbling upon the other.

Lief's eyelashes flutter shut as she smells her plate, apparently experiencing a bit of bliss before
    she even takes her first bite of a bird of paradise cheesecake.

Aeldra gives a bird of paradise cheesecake to Lilyin, Sister of the Open Hand.

You have emoted: Anita lifts a silver laced crystal tea cup towards Ejderha, bright smile curling up
    her lips.

Naevari steps more slowly toward the table, the faint smile on his lips growing as Lief gushes
    excitedly over the cheesecake.

Lief quickly devours a bird of paradise cheesecake.

With a delighted gasp, Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "Oh, darlings, the Shevat
    family tea? My goodness, I have not had this in years. True perfection."

Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says to Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer,
    "Marquis Daraius's pride, yes."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer inhales the scent of the golden aubade tea with profound
    pleasure, her eyes fluttering briefly closed. "It is the heather that does it - inspired, truly
    inspired."

Once finished, Lief carefully sets her plate to one side and returns to feasting upon the table with
    her eyes.

Aeldra eats a bird of paradise cheesecake with obvious gusto.

Lief takes a simple platter of summer fruit from an ivory porcelain platter.

Lief flashes Naevari a quick, beaming smile in passing before she returns to her approximate place,
    happy with her spoils.

With a quiet smile, Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says, "I still remember the first time I found
    the teahouse..."

Xeii holds her cup in both hands, smiling wistfully as she recalls her oft-absent thrice-great
    grandfather.

Xeii secures her hold on Nelras's arm, smiling up at him. "Eye-opening, was it not?"

Aeldra smiles softly at the mention of the teahouse, nodding slightly. "I don't think anyone has
    ever forgotten an encounter with the teahouse. It is famous to all corners of the basin I believe."

Naevari takes a bird of paradise cheesecake from an ivory porcelain bowl.

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says to Xeii, "Of course, even amidst what was, at the time, an
    almost entirely new city to me."

Turning politely to you and Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer, Cryx says, "Thank you for
    hosting this etiquette instruction, comrades. Thanks to you, Hallifax is sure make a sofisticated
    impression."

With a wry smile, Cryx says, "I'm afraid I can't stay for the dancing class."

Cryx inclines his head politely to those around him.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer almost squeals in delight, reaching over to pat Cryx
    fondly on the cheek. "You are perfect, darling, and most welcome."

Lief smiles brightly at Cryx.

Xeii nods, though a flash of surprised light passes beneath her cheeks at the time.

Carefully, almost delicately, Naevari lifts the last plate of cheesecake out of an ivory porcelain
    bowl and holds it before his eyes. He walks off away from the table to find a nearby wall and then
    picks at it daintily, glancing up now and then to scan the Hallifaxian faces with an expression of
    worry on his own, as though he's afraid he'll break some rule of etiquette.

You curtsey gracefully before Cryx.

• Curtseying, Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says to Cryx, "Go well."

Ejderha whispers to a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass, "I remember when I was young and
    wild, and though tea was a waste of good water... How I have grown..."

You smile and say to Cryx, "Thank you for attending, comrade - I am pleased that you could make it."

Aeldra tilts her head backwards and draws her arms up, delicately weaving threads of burning
    illusion into the shape of an all-seeing eye, which she leaves floating darkly above her head.

Cryx says to you, "It was my pleasure entirely."

Aeldra shakes her head slightly. "I may end up not having the ability to see the end of it myself,
    which pains me terribly, for I was looking forward to it greatly." she says wit ha soft sigh upon
    her lips.

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says to Cryx, "Likewise. It is a shame that you cannot remain, but
    thank you for joining us here."

Lief's ear twitches, and her eyebrows rise at Ejderha. "I consider myself so very young and wild,"
    she protests, "and I make a point of having tea at every performance I host on stage!"

Cryx politely inclines his head to the company, before discreetly departing to the northwest.

Cryx leaves to the northwest.

Aeldra takes a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass from a latticework vermeil tray.

You have emoted: Holding a silver laced crystal tea cup gently between her paws, Anita nods, "There
    is nothing better than tea.." She ponders a moment, face scrunching up, "Actually, that is not true.
    There is nothing better than honey! But tea is almost a winner."

Ejderha takes a sip of tea from a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted glass, his eyes closing
    momentarily, before regarding Lief. "You are then, perhaps, wiser than I was in my youth, friend!
    There is hope for you yet!" He grins.

Aeldra's eyes sparkle in amusement at you, "I believe we all have certain personal favorites, but
    tea ranks very highly upon most people's list."

Lief grins at you and Ejderha both, even as she plucks a raspberry from her platter to savour.

Naevari watches the conversation silently from over his plate of cheesecake, his lips twitching
    upward at the corners when Lief speaks, his eyes flitting between the faces as each person present
    takes their turn.

You beam broadly at Aeldra.

Xeii briefly exchanges a glance with Nelras and nods, turning her head towards a vacant space near
    the front of the room.

Clearing his throat before asking for the attention of the audience, Nelras says, "We will be
    beginning the dancing class momentarily." He makes his way out onto the floor, turning to address
    everyone once more.

Ejderha turns his back partly on the attended to slip a little honey cake from a hidden pocket of
    his coat and eat it quickly.

Aeldra Ladyn, Lady of Ethereal Mists says, "I'll take my cue to slip out then, as much as it pains
    me to miss it."

Lief's eyes widen, and hurriedly, she finishes the food upon her platter.

Lief quickly devours a simple platter of summer fruit.

Blade Dancer Tirah Mzithrei, the Succor says, "I shall slip out as well, I think."

Tirah curtseys gracefully.

Tirah leaves to the northwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says to Aeldra, "I am sorry to hear that. Once again, thank you
    for coming. I hope that your journey back to Celest is without any troubles."

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer says, "And I, also, ought to excuse myself. Ta ta, dalings
    - I do hope you have a wonderful lesson."

Awanydd Lief Myeras-Silvermoon says to Aeldra, "I was so very happy to see you here! We'll talk
    footwear later."

Likewise hastily gulping down the last of his cheesecake, then stepping forward away from the wall,
    Naevari says to Aeldra, "Take care, Aeldra. I'm sorry you weren't able to stay for the dancing."

You curtsey gracefully before Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer.

Xeii curtseys gracefully before Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer.

Linira Cloudwalker, the Carnelian Dreamer twiddles her fingers once more in a regal wave, dips into
    a perfect curtsey, then swans out with a distracted air.

You say to Aeldra, "Thank you for coming, Aeldra. I am pleased you could make it!"

Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says to Aeldra, "I do hope the etiquette lesson has been
    helpful, Lady Ladyn. Thank you for attending today."

Ejderha hugs Aeldra compassionately.

Aeldra curtseys gracefully towards Nelras and Xeii and once again into the room, a sad smile upon
    her lips. "I will sorely miss this preparation for the gala and... I do hope I might be able to
    snatch some advise from some of the hosts before the actual gala itself."

Xeii smiles softly at Aeldra.

Lilyin leaves, following Aeldra Ladyn, Lady of Ethereal Mists.

Lief sets her empty platter aside and clasps her hands together with anticipation.

Banks of clouds roil about here. Wispy white light billows from a frosted glass chandelier overhead.
    Seated in the orchestra pit of the ballroom, the various Symphonists of the State Symphony Orchestra
    remain poised to perform, awaiting instruction. Before the entirety of the orchestra, Conductor
    Fre'zik zi'Prouep holds aloft a diamond baton whilst studying the sheet of music at his podium with
    intense scrutiny. Engraved with soaring swans, a crystalline table stands here, various platters,
    bowls, and trays stacked high upon it. Mianzi, the little red panda sits here, tail curled around
    her body as she watches the world curiously. Long, lean, and vibrating with barely-contained energy,
    a greyhound sniffs about here. Nelras is here, smiling faintly at Xeii. Iawa is here. Awanydd Lief
    Myeras-Silvermoon is here. Naevari is here. Tribune Ejderha Strongleaf with a Pilgrim face radiates
    an aura of severity and calm as he lingers here. He wields a snowflake-etched tea cup of frosted
    glass in his left hand. Wreathed in the interwoven threads of the Great Tapestry, a Fate-touched
    adventurer stands here.

Nelras, Iawa, Lief, Naevari, Ejderha, Xeii, Anita.

• Iawa looks about the room curiously before redirecting his attention back to Nelras.

Naevari likewise carefully sets his empty plate down on the table, then steps forward and away from
    it once more.

Naevari quickly devours a bird of paradise cheesecake.

You have emoted: Anita smiles up at Ejderha, and then turns her gaze to Nelras and Xeii.

Ejderha takes your paw in his, excitement at the upcoming dancing evident in his glowing amber gaze.

Carefully pronouncing each word, Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says, "The upcoming Gala is a
    perfect chance to showcase Hallifax's beloved dance routines even if the event itself wont have
    music appropriate to each, given that dances are often very dependent on metre. There might also be
    a surprise at the end - wait for it if you can."

Xeii nods briefly to Conductor Fre'zik zi'Prouep, signalling that the music should begin shortly.

Xeii turns her head very slightly to share an unexpectedly devious grin before looking back towards
    the audience as if nothing had happened.

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says, "Perhaps the most well-known of ballroom dances is the Waltz.
    Yet, even the most well-known cannot come naturally without practice."

Nelras turns briefly to Xeii with a slight nod of his head.

Xeii releases her hold slightly, the skirts of her dress swishing about her legs as she takes her
    position. With a clear voice, she begins, "Let us review one basic - triple meter, or three possible
    steps in one measure or, one could say, heartbeat."

With a glimmering smile, Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "More figurative than
    literal, but I found the word apt for this dance, for it is so often associated with intimacy.
    Romance."

Suddenly brisk, Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "So, three steps or beats in a
    measure, and four of those measures make up a phrase. It may be complicated when put into words, but
    once the music floods in, I promise things will feel different, comrades."

You have emoted: Anita grips Ejderha's paw tightly as she listens, her face - if possible with white
    fur - going pale when Xeii describes the steps of the dance.

Ejderha squeezes your paw and leans over to whisper reassuringly in her ear.

Lief has already begun tapping one finger against another within her clasped grasp as she listens
    intently, timing an approximation of what Xeii explains to herself.

Xeii gives another look to the conducting lucidian, and faint woodwind strains of a swaying, three-
    beat motif begins to fill the room.

Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says, "Of course, there are many variations in the waltz.
    For one, there is no need to begin the dance with three full steps. One glide forward with every
    beat is perfectly acceptable."

Beckoning Nelras nearer to begin a demonstration, Xeii Shevat, Minister of Cultural Affairs says,
    "There are waltzes that do not involve the hand-on-shoulder, hand-on-waist position many of us know
    well, but for this lesson we will be going with the best known style."

Nelras steps towards Xeii with a slight smile.

"Right hands clasped. The leader's left should rest on the partner's upper back or waist. The
    follower's left is on the leader's shoulder." Xeii's movements are natural and swiftly, clearly
    comfortable with the pose. "This is called the closed position."

Lief nods her antlered head slowly as she watches, brow furrowed slightly with concentration and
    study.

Ejderha turns to you, taking her right paw in his and setting his left on your waist, keeping good
    posture as he pulls her into him.

Naevari bites down on his lower lips as he watches, one hand coming up to perch atop his bound hair.

Glancing quickly at his own hands, Nelras turns his head back to the audience and says, "Once the
    hands are correctly placed, the dance will proceed in circles." He pauses for a moment, smiling as
    he looks at the people gathered here, before continuing. "Yes. Three steps both forward and sideways
    for the leading partner, and the led partner retreats in three steps and also sideways."

Nelras Shevat, Her Silvern Legate says, "The leader should create a clockwise spiral for four
    measures, then a counterclockwise spiral for another four measures, for one phrase."

• You have emoted: Suddenly nervous, Anita tilts her head to look up at Ejderha a moment as he takes
    her right paw and sets his left upon her waist. She turns her head to look over at Xeii and Nelras
    again, a worried look upon her face as she keeps sneaking looks down at her feet and back up.

The faint motif slowly grows in volume and intricacy, strings joining one by one.

Nodding once to herself, Lief unclasps her hands and wings over to Naevari. "Would you like to lead,
    or shall I?" she asks him brightly.

With a quick nod to Fre'zik, the music further grows in volume. Clasping Xeii's hand and holding it
    at shoulder height, Nelras glides forward, taking three graceful steps in time with both the music
    and his partner.

Ejderha whispers quietly to you, "Look at my eyes, dearest Anita. Listen to my voice." He begins
    quietly counting the steps, naming the foot in time, alternating between them and between the long
    and short measures, clockwise until they have completed four, before readying to turn back. "Just
    move your weight with every count, back and forth, and feel my hands and shoulder telegraph where to
    go and turn."

Nelras turns to the left while Xeii turns to the right. The two dancers meet where they started the
    dance and, with a slight nod to Xeii, Nelras begins to lead in the traditional steps previously
    described.

Naevari glances over at you and Ejderha, still biting down on his lower lip. Then, pulling a long
    breath in through his mouth and releasing it just as audibly, he returns his attention to Lief and
    smiles - a genuine, still broadening reversal of his expression that causes his eyes to shine. "I
    can," he says, reaching down to settle one hand around her waist and use the other to take her own.

The waltz is slow and dreamy, the strings playing a wandering sort of melody that only grows until
    the flutes step in, their whispers sweet as birdsong.

Apparently unperturbed one way or the other, Lief smiles easily at Naevari, settling her hands into
    place as well. Her dragonfly wings keep her aloft, humming quietly, though her feet stance
    themselves in mid-air. "Then lead," she urges him quietly.

The dance is slow enough for any novice to follow and for Xeii to speak as she dances. "As you have
    seen, these are the basic steps for the waltz. One may choose to replace one phrase with a spin, or
    a lift, or a pose".

Despite his earlier apparent trepidation, Naevari moves easily once the two Seren begin to dance,
    each gliding step coming to him with apparent natural grace, his smile only troubled by the
    occasional furrowing of his brow at junctures in the dance where he apparently needs to concentrate.
    "This isn't so hard," he comments idly as he dances.

You have emoted: Anita turns her gaze back to Ejderha after watching the dancing pair as he whispers
    to her. She dips her head into a brief nod, worried look still in place, turning slightly startled
    as he begins to move in the basic steps. Even though Ejderha counts quietly and is fluid upon his
    feet, Anita takes overly pronounced steps, until they soften as she gets used to the routine. Her
    worried look up at Ejderha melts away, replaced by a sheepishly happy smile.

Xeii and Nelras's steps have not stopped throughout, and taking cues from the music, they begin to
    weave in the replacements Xeii has named - when the flutes come forth, she spins gracefully away
    from Nelras, one hand still connected to his until they are an arm's length away. She returns in the
    next measure and keeps up the dance, meeting his eyes before her hands go to his shoulders and she
    is raised up for another measure.

"I think I told you once before," Lief chides Naevari with warmth as she follows his guidance,
    perhaps all the easier to lead for her being airborne, "your training lends itself so well to
    dance!" Abruptly, in the midst of one of the phrases, she draws back to spin in mid-air, taking
    Xeii's advice to heart.

You have emoted: Anita looks over at Xeii, her mouth dropping open as spins and lifts are mentioned
    and demonstrated - and she stumbles in her distraction, stepping down on Ejderha's toes. "Oh,
    Ejderha! I am so sorry, so sorry.."

"Shhh," Ejderha whispers, shaking his head at you not to worry. "Focus on what we know for now, and
    do it with me again - this time spinning the other way!" He begins to lead you back across the floor,
    in quicker and slightly more dramatic counter-clockwise turns, still chanting the shifting steps
    under his breath.

Nelras continues to dance with Xeii, their movements for the most part remaining constrained to the
    basic steps they have described. They circle, or spiral, around the floor, careful to avoid the
    other dancers. As if taking some cue from the what he hears, Nelras catches Xeii's eyes for a moment
    before leading into another spin, faster this time yet still well-matched to what the music.

Naevari barely misses a beat when Lief draws back and spins. He laughs - a light, carefree sound -
    the smile on his lips broadening still further. Then, rare little dimples awakening in his cheeks,
    he resettles his left hand on the faeling's waist, his right in her own, and continues to dance more
    energetically than he had before.