Simple Ideas

Comments

• Enya said:
    "Serenwilde: An ethereal master key"
     I mean...
    An Argentwilde master key would work better....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• If SSC isn't going to deal with locks directly, it would be useful to have it at least flag the fact that you're locked.
  • Configuring the date command to use your configured timezone when you are trying to figure out a date/time in game would be really helpful :)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Iawa said:
    Configuring the date command to use your configured timezone when you are trying to figure out a date/time in game would be really helpful :)
    maybe am misunderstanding, but isn't "config timezone" essentially what you are looking for?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Iawa said:
    Configuring the date command to use your configured timezone when you are trying to figure out a date/time in game would be really helpful :)
    maybe am misunderstanding, but isn't "config timezone" essentially what you are looking for?
    I read Iawa's post as meaning this:

DATE 4 SHANTHIN 497
     Lusternian date 4 Shanthin, year 497 at midnight would be 3/10/2018 at 17:00

DATE
    Today is the 4th of Shanthin, 497 years after the Coming of Estarra. The phase of the moon is the 
    Waxing Gibbous.

In your world it is Saturday, the 10th of March, in the year 2018 GMT, and Saturday, the 10th of 
    March, in the year 2018 in your local timezone.

TIME
    It is the middle of the night in Lusternia.
    The phase of the moon is the Waxing Gibbous.

In your world, it is 2018/03/10 17:26:08 GMT and 2018/03/10 11:26:08 in your configured timezone.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

I think he's asking to have the first example match the second/third examples, which it doesn't currently.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I know this has been argued about and probably suggested already, but Scroll of Laurels shouldn't hide enemy statuses. Right now, just to pick an example (sorry), I can't see if Yendor is an order enemy without consulting a big list - it should be readily available on honours for quick reference.

No, ORDER ENEMIES Y or ORDER ENEMIES YE/YEN/etc is not working.

• just make it so Laurels only hides HONORS, not HONORS FULL
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    I know this has been argued about and probably suggested already, but Scroll of Laurels shouldn't hide enemy statuses. Right now, just to pick an example (sorry), I can't see if Yendor is an order enemy without consulting a big list - it should be readily available on honours for quick reference.

No, ORDER ENEMIES Y or ORDER ENEMIES YE/YEN/etc is not working.
    ORDER ENEMIES YENDOR does work, for some reason you have to type out the full name.  "DEM" gets me nothing but "DEMARTEL" gets me "Demartel.  Total: 1"
  • Yep. Once players are "bought in", I bet they're more likely to actually buy in. This is the case with me, anyways: I won a bardic very shortly after starting a new character here years ago and decided to stick around. 
  • Add people to manse bookshelves so they can shelve / unshelve books.
  • How about a way to see aetherwill? or just combine it with willpower? I can only see my current ammount when locked into a module.
  • Allixea said:
    How about a way to see aetherwill? or just combine it with willpower? I can only see my current ammount when locked into a module.
    It shows up in GMCP under player.vitals.awp, so it isn't like there's a reason to keep it hidden. I would appreciate seeing a VITALS command or some such that just shows those things in a tiny concise table (that would of course be blank during blackout).
  • Let mobs follow you when beckoned if you've influenced them an accidentally lost them for a quest :(
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2018
    Allixea said:
    How about a way to see aetherwill? or just combine it with willpower? I can only see my current ammount when locked into a module.
    @Ianir, any chance of putting this in on SCORE where Willpower/Endurance currently is, given that they are mostly redundant, with the exception of throttling shouts since it drains endurance (or was it willpower?)?  Or is that the kind of thing that would be several multitudes more trouble than it is worth? >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Still need max willpower for raising shrines, too.
  • But to Ianir, you might be a duck.
  • Mrak said:
    Get rid of how "say to" works now.

Create new command called "sayto" which checks for the target in the room, and returns an error if they're not there. 

If Ianir is in the room:
    say to Ianir I am a duck
    You say, "To Ianir I am a duck."
    sayto Ianir 
    You say to Ianir, "I am a duck."

If Ianir isn't in the room:
    say to Ianir I am a duck
    You say, "To Ianir I am a duck."
    sayto Ianir I am a duck 
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    "Say to Mrak Good evening!" is simply the Lusty equivalent of something I do all the time, which is talk to a colleague who I think is in the room but isn't. It feels jarring when we read it, sure, but to our characters it's just a normal - if embarassing (or comedic) - everyday occurrence.