Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    When Globglob is first raised, he shouts the name of the person responsible for completing the quest, so that all who are awake know who is responsible - usually this results in the person in question being enemied if they are not already.  Only thing I can suggest is trying to get people in your city/commune to note who was responsible for doing it in your city/commune log as soon as it happens.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Versalean said:
    There's a quest where you can do something and then all the wanderers in the Basin start ignoring people and it's effing annoying and needs to go slap its momma. Please can we delete this quest, or at least have the wanders name His Griefing Excellency or whatever dumb title they apply to the questor. Yaknow, so we can send them flowers and candies.

Lub yoo <3
    If it helps, when the quest to do this is finished, the main mob actually shouts the name of the person who helped him.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2018
    You can also check likely suspects for the honors, but that isn't a great indication of when the quest was completed, so it's an imperfect system.

There is a counterquest to disable it, but it requires a mob that's easy to kill, so it's a matter of your determination vs theirs.

I've never seen someone get enemied for completing the quest, though admittedly I've only seen a few people complete it.
  • Yeah, and I heard that the counterquest is difficult to solo, so if you're on certain timezones you're gonna be SOL.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2018
    Versalean said:
    Yeah, and I heard that the counterquest is difficult to solo, so if you're on certain timezones you're gonna be SOL.
    eh... depends. I've done it solo plenty of times and if I'm awake while it's active it's not usually active much longer. Personally quests like the puddles are a lot more annoying, because they are actually hard to take down, globglob's main problem is that you need to get the quest npc first, the rest is semi easy to do.

Edit: Celest at least does enemy you for doing that particular quest, though I am not sure any enemy status is a deterrent. I don't mind globglob that much, tbh, it's a nuisance, but nothing more.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Kagato said:
    When Globglob is first raised, he shouts the name of the person responsible for completing the quest, so that all who are awake know who is responsible - usually this results in the person in question being enemied if they are not already.  Only thing I can suggest is trying to get people in your city/commune to note who was responsible for doing it in your city/commune log as soon as it happens.
    Most orgs let you do the quest if you make sure to kill him straight away.

Maeko said:
    You can also check likely suspects for the honors, but that isn't a great indication of when the quest was completed, so it's an imperfect system.

There is a counterquest to disable it, but it requires a mob that's easy to kill, so it's a matter of your determination vs theirs.

I've never seen someone get enemied for completing the quest, though admittedly I've only seen a few people complete it.
    I don't think people should be using that list ICly. Else I honestly want an opt out system as some of the most interesting quests are forbidden by some org or another and it ruins any form of sneakingly doing it.
  • Esoneyuna said:

Maeko said:

I don't think people should be using that list ICly. Else I honestly want an opt out system as some of the most interesting quests are forbidden by some org or another and it ruins any form of sneakingly doing it.
    I agree 100%. That doesn't stop people from doing so, though.
  • I disagree. It's an HONORS QUEST for a reason. That reason is literally that it will be added to your list of known deeds. We are the Michael Jacksons of the Basin. We might like to sneakily get married, or go bankrupt, or sneakily release a quadplatinum album or sneakily get arrested, but someone's going to know about it, and eventually the scribes and bards (small 'b') will find out.
  • edited March 2018
    Versalean said:
    I disagree. It's an HONORS QUEST for a reason. That reason is literally that it will be added to your list of known deeds. We are the Michael Jacksons of the Basin. We might like to sneakily get married, or go bankrupt, or sneakily release a quadplatinum album or sneakily get arrested, but someone's going to know about it, and eventually the scribes and bards (small 'b') will find out.
    That is why we have scrolls of laurels, however I do not believe the scroll hides quest rankings

And personally I see honours quests as more an OOC achievement hunting thing, but to each his own I guess
    I just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. Lusternia has a Twitter account, and even if you aren't on Twitter, I think you can go read their posts. They've released a lot of information about the recent Beauty Seal event, including stats on what was submitted.

Also, there's a tweet about @Rideta

https://twitter.com/Lusternia
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • and now I'm being *****d by a dreambeast while my will is suppressed by Divine mandate

#awesomeness
  • @Ixion - I think I speak for everyone when I say that you were a worthy and foreboding contender in this Ascension. I can honestly say that you're the not-Glom Sealbearer that haunted my dreams last night. If you're anything like me your ass is killing you right now. If you're better than me you're feeling great at a good event. Likely, you're somewhere in the middle.

Wherever you're at, I salute you.
  • Versalean said:
    @Ixion - I think I speak for everyone when I say that you were a worthy and foreboding contender in this Ascension. I can honestly say that you're the not-Glom Sealbearer that haunted my dreams last night. If you're anything like me your ass is killing you right now. If you're better than me you're feeling great at a good event. Likely, you're somewhere in the middle.

Wherever you're at, I salute you.
    100% this, after the come from behind in Death I will never count him out in any event again.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ixion said:
    New plan: 4 seal medallions left to go, and then to fuse all 9 together into my own staff and pimp cane slap Kethuru out of existence.
    Might I humbly suggest you make an Ascension Boot instead? Don't have to make a staff if you're making your own :D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ixion said:
    New new plan. Boot.
    Your Beauty submission?
  • You'll want to go bonecrusher, if you're making a boot out of nine seals.
    Moi said:
    You'll want to go bonecrusher, if you're making a boot out of nine seals.
    ...you're a bad, bad person.
    Massive raves to whomever designed the new astral area, including and especially the beasties. 
  • Aren't the beasts the same ones from that event where they were spawning all over the highways?
  • I've seen it in a few places and I just want to ask people to not be sore winners and losers. Please stop baiting the other side with forum posts.
  • Thanks to whoever made Lirangasha a sucky influence spot.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2018
    Mobs with large health pools and crit/damage shift immunity should not be given leech attacks in their moveset.

Looking at you, Fiskon.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2018
    ------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1343 ]--------------------------<
    o You should no longer see invisible divine in GROUP if they are
    following you.
    -------------------------<
    ?
    Stalker gods?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: