Looking For a Function to Help with Harmony Mantra Aliases

edited March 2018 in Mechanic's Corner
I was wondering if anyone had a function they wouldn't mind giving me that I could route my Harmony mantra aliases through. I would want it to help me to say "na" in the appropriate places (and swap the non-redundant mantras I'm saying in for the right ones) with minimal coding in each alias (so as to reduce eq loss during combat).

Thanks in advance.

To clarify, I'm specifically looking for a Mudlet function.

Comments

• edited March 2018
    You could just have three mantra variables. Create an alias to set mantras
    mantra1= matches[2]
    mantra2= matches[3]
    mantra3= matches[4]

Create a chant1 alias that will:
    mantra1= matches[2]
    send( " mantra chant " ..mantra1.. " na na ")

Create a chant2 alias that will:
    mantra2= matches[2]
    send( " mantra chant na " ..mantra2.. " na ")

It's not a function or fancy.
  • First of all, I really appreciate the advice. Thank you for taking the trouble to answer. I'm still not sure something that simple would work, though.

Depending on how many individual mantras I'm looking to replace, and depending on which combination I'm switching from and which I'm switching to, it seems to me that, first of all, I may not always want to always place the same mantra in the same variable, being as, depending on which combination I previously chanted, I may want to put it in one slot or another. To a degree, I suppose I could try to always place the same mantra in the same slot in all of my potential combinations, but (and this may because I'm new to this) I don't know whether that would give me as much flexibility as I'd ultimately want.

I'd also lose more equilibrium total if I were to change the mantra in each slot individually, and doing so also seems like it would be a lot to think about if I needed to switch on the fly during PVP. If I had to, I could, with my very limited coding knowledge, make aliases that figured out which variables didn't need to be replaced and replaced the others, but it seems to me that someone who knows more than me about scripting in Mudlet might already have turned that process into a function somewhere.

Again, I *do* appreciate the answer, though, and let me know if I'm mistaken in some way (I haven't really thought out which Harmony combinations I'd even want yet, for instance, but I imagine experience will teach me a lot more about that, too), but that's my quandary, basically.
  • MANTRA STATUS is a no balance action to see what mantras are active. I checked it after every chant to set which mantras I had active. That said, I almost never chanted in combat outside highchant so I wasn't overly optimizing.
  • edited March 2018
    Ejderha said:
    MANTRA STATUS is a no balance action to see what mantras are active. I checked it after every chant to set which mantras I had active. That said, I almost never chanted in combat outside highchant so I wasn't overly optimizing.
    Hmm, yeah, I mean, I guess I can always HIGHCHANT if I need to emergency switch. Just 1 power, huh?

Anyway, thanks. If someone turns out to already have this, I'd still like a copy if they didn't mind, but I guess it's not super high prio.
  • Throwing in my two cents: Generally in any sort of emergency/combat situation you should be using highchant, and if not then you're just raising defenses so it's usually not worth the complexity to figure out the 'na' syntax for the cheaper eq cost (although that is the sort of thing that would appeal to me).
  • Wobou said:
    Throwing in my two cents: Generally in any sort of emergency/combat situation you should be using highchant, and if not then you're just raising defenses so it's usually not worth the complexity to figure out the 'na' syntax for the cheaper eq cost (although that is the sort of thing that would appeal to me).
    Yeah, I guess my thought at this point is that I would want it mostly for very niche situations where like, I need the power to use the Wind mantra ability to flee or Death Touch in the very near future or something, but I suppose that'd be the case very rarely if ever, given that highchant only costs 1 power. Still, if I make something, I'll post it up so people can use it (although I may just not worry about it).