Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Dys said:

Finishing a quest:

[Redacted] "hands you a generous sum of gold, flashing a charming smile." - Ha! The 'generous sum' was only 1,000 gold which wasn't a lot given the quest (Feyranti Heir) took me about 5 hours with all the resets needed. I got much more from the ~350 creatures that needed killing, so no complaints really and the Feyranti family was amusing. :)

Though could possibly use a warning that you need to be able to influence undead which you find out 3 hours in.

I *loved* that quest - but the undead part threw me out and I nearly cried. Luckily enough @Aramel was about and had (bought) the zombie skin thing. Then I cried happy tears because I tried this quest so many times and never knew about the undead part!! 
  • Anita said: I loved* that quest - but the undead part threw me out and I nearly cried. Luckily enough @Aramel was about and had (bought) the zombie skin thing.
    Yes! It was 1am and I spent 20k goop rather than lose three hours I'd already done. Thank you too whoever gooped it because I'd have given up otherwise.

I guess tips like needing undead influencing could go into the wiki or the quest system description?
  • Dys said:
    Anita said: I loved* that quest - but the undead part threw me out and I nearly cried. Luckily enough @Aramel was about and had (bought) the zombie skin thing.
    Yes! It was 1am and I spent 20k goop rather than lose three hours I'd already done. Thank you too whoever gooped it because I'd have given up otherwise.

I guess tips like needing undead influencing could go into the wiki or the quest system description?
    There are some quests that give you an ooc message when you start them, I think. Might work for this as well?

[OOC: The ability to influence the undead will be required for completion of this quest.]
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2018
    Mixed rave/rant

Rave:  Yay, finally a great hunt after what feels like forever
    Rant:  I have a double shift at work on two of the days it falls, so I can't participate :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited April 2018
    Yeah, if there is one thing worse than a greathunt (and I'm not sure that there is) it's a greathunt that you didn't even know was happening until you log in. But we asked for something and we got it, so awesomeness, and kudos to Team Godmin.

Edits for caffeine deficiency.
  • #TeamCaptain
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    #TeamCaptain
    #TeamWibbles
  • Lief said:
    #TeamCaptain
    I will only be friends with #TeamCap voters. #TeamIronMan will not be tolerated.
  • #TeamIronMan
  • Vefai said:
    #TeamIronMan

Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • He's always been my favorite Justice League hero..yeah he's a jerk, but he's a cool jerk.
  • Vefai said:
    He's always been my favorite Justice League hero..yeah he's a jerk, but he's a cool jerk.
    I know this is a joke but this hurts my very existence 
  •  o:)>:)

• #TeamIronMan

Go slap your momma.
  • #teamwhicheveronehasspider-man

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2018
    Be interesting to see how many of the 1-30 placers in the greathunt hang around and how many disappear into the woodwork or suicide, given that all of them are Vagrant/Pedestrian/Landloper in the explorer rankings and mostly GR1 (with a single 'itinerant traveller' who is also CR2)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I know one of them was a glom newbie, and had just come out of the portal IIRC.
    Also, wish I had realised that glompoing around the Forest and just one-hitting vermin was faster than astralbeasting it far earlier than I did.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Some days, I wished lessons were not so expensive, credit wise. I'd love to try out some new stuff, but whenever I am about to do and do the calculations that I need 300ish credits per skill and a class usually has at least three... having to pay 900 credits to try a new class is... slightly crazy.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Tylwyth said:
    I know one of them was a glom newbie, and had just come out of the portal IIRC.
    Also, wish I had realised that glompoing around the Forest and just one-hitting vermin was faster than astralbeasting it far earlier than I did.
    This is all I did, hunting all the spiders, oozes, grotesque ravenwoods, loamadores, sporegrasses, beetles and wasps while killing any vermin that popped up. It was faster than influencing entire guard stacks, even though I was getting 4 points a guard instead of 1. 
  • Yeah, it only makes sense to do guard influencing when you're trying to rest your hands.
  • That moment of exhilaration... panic... pushing yourself to the limits of human ability... because you forgot to do the daily quests and realize there's only five minutes to the weave. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kethaera said:
    That moment of exhilaration... panic... pushing yourself to the limits of human ability... because you forgot to do the daily quests and realize there's only five minutes to the weave. 
    Which daily quest is this? I can't find an announce for one anywhere, but questevent is telling me that April has one. Am I blind?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would assume Bards/Scholars/Pilgrims/Power.
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #2818
    Date: 4/19/2018 at 1:06
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Temporal Disturbance in the Year 500

When the new year was supposed to turn to the Year 501, a strange temporal disturbance affected all 
    of Lusternia, causing a recursive loop oin time to go back and restart the year. This, of course, 
    cannot continue, as we could all be trapped in reliving the same year over and over! It is 
    imperative that you help fix this situation. A spire of stardust has appeared at the top of 
    Avechna's Peak.

o TOUCH the Spire of Stardust and receive an hourglass.
    o TURN the hourglass to track down stardust.
    o You need to fill your hourglass at least 5 times before the end of the Lusternian month to 
    complete the quest.
    o You will need to complete the quest 5 times during the Lusternian year to truly help fix the 
    temporal disturbance. (If you do, you will be receive a Czigany coin!)

Thank you for your attention to this very disturbing matter. What this strange occurrence truly 
    means, we will leave to scholars to interpret.

Penned by My hand on the 1st of Estar, in the year 500 CE.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That one just started this weave though.
  • Portius said:
    Which daily quest is this? I can't find an announce for one anywhere, but questevent is telling me that April has one. Am I blind?
    Talking about bards/scholars/pilgrims/power. I just constantly forget to do it. There is a new one now.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kalaneya said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2818
    Date: 4/19/2018 at 1:06
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Temporal Disturbance in the Year 500

When the new year was supposed to turn to the Year 501, a strange temporal disturbance affected all 
    of Lusternia, causing a recursive loop oin time to go back and restart the year. This, of course, 
    cannot continue, as we could all be trapped in reliving the same year over and over! It is 
    imperative that you help fix this situation. A spire of stardust has appeared at the top of 
    Avechna's Peak.

o TOUCH the Spire of Stardust and receive an hourglass.
    o TURN the hourglass to track down stardust.
    o You need to fill your hourglass at least 5 times before the end of the Lusternian month to 
    complete the quest.
    o You will need to complete the quest 5 times during the Lusternian year to truly help fix the 
    temporal disturbance. (If you do, you will be receive a Czigany coin!)

Thank you for your attention to this very disturbing matter. What this strange occurrence truly 
    means, we will leave to scholars to interpret.

I SWEAR THIS probably WASN'T US THIS TIME!
  • Luce said:

Thank you for your attention to this very disturbing matter. What this strange occurrence truly means, we will leave to scholars to interpret.

I SWEAR THIS probably WASN'T US THIS TIME!
    Funny, I read that last line and thought to myself: "Hallifax. It was Hallifax."
  • 500 was a good year

I could do 500 again
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s