General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Karlach said:
    There is a special place in hell for people spoiling Infinity War.

3 hours to go!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Karlach said:

It is room where you're forced to watch never ending reruns of Catwoman.
    Spoiler: Bucky is the winter soldier
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Karlach said:

There's a person that is green. Maybe two people that are green!!
  • Anita said:
    Tremula said:
    Karlach said:

Anita said:
    Tremula said:
    Karlach said:

The villain's name is Thanos and it takes an all-star team of superheroes to fight him.  

You're welcome! :D 

• I liked when Batman's MegaZord hadoukened Popeye out of the Thunderdome.
  • If I find I spelled it 'alkilosis' one more time in my notes I'm going to weep bitter tears.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dumbledore dies.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Dumbledore dies.
    But fortunately he made the soulstone his horcrux so he will be back....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• With a week and a half left of classes (which means finals!) my car breaks down on me. And i have an hour commute to consider.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Normally my family rotates babysitting my niece around so no one is stuck doing it too many days in a row. But circumstances have left me as the only one able to do it for a little while, unfortunately at the same time that I've been adjusting to new medication, so it's sapping my energy way more than it normally would. I want to be alone, I want it to be quiet, and I don't want it to be a problem if all I feel like doing is nothing.
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • We've got a new IT system at work. 

It has Office 365, uses an iPhone 6 for authentication, fingerprints on the laptop and phone, and no network cables. The whole office network is wifi now (~3000 people) and I keep losing connection trying to open big files. There are wired connections for analysts but they just go into the WiFi? Reauthenticating a dozen times a day gets annoying too.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    coming back from vacation with a stomach bug stinks, especially if your vacation otherwise was awesome :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    And then, out of nowhere, depression just hits. Go away, I don't have time for this today.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Time of year snails and slugs appear.
    Birds like snails and slugs, and sometimes leave their yucky deadness there in my garden.
    My dog likes the garden; let out dog.
    Dog comes back inside COVERED in stinky dead snail or slug slimey whateverisinsidethem. I have never felt so nauseous as I washed all that crap off her. But hey, I have a fluffy nice-smelling pupper now.
  • Sink is backed up, with water bubbling out of it. Now I have to watch it all night to make sure it doesn't overflow. This, in addition to the dirt that keeps raining out of the vents. I've felt sick and tired for the past several months, and I swear it's because of this apartment. I'm moving out at the end of this month, but if I had anywhere to go(that I could bring my cats) I would already be gone.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited May 2018
     Rather unwillingly discovered that people describing the pain of a wasp sting are not exaggerating. Hour three of feeling like a dagger is being driven and twisted incessantly into the centre my palm while the rest of my hand aches. Not really how I wanted to spend my evening. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Dealing with contractors who have had paperwork sitting in front of them for a month then call me today to say "we are ready to do this and the paperwork does not match what we requested" (it was exactly as their field coordinator stated he needed at the time)

Then I look at envoys... and think to self "did I just talk to you on the phone?"
  • Rancoura said:
     Rather unwillingly discovered that people describing the pain of a wasp sting are not exaggerating. Hour three of feeling like a dagger is being driven and twisted incessantly into the centre my palm while the rest of my hand aches. Not really how I wanted to spend my evening. :(
    has ice helped at all?
    Arix said:
    Rancoura said:
    has ice helped at all?
    It did briefly, but only for the time that it was on (read that you should only ice for 20 minutes at a time)... then back to pain. I discovered that the reasons it was probably so painful were because 1. the bugger stung me twice and 2. sensitive skin on the palm. Just had to wait it out.  :s

Before an earthly flight

• how long did it take to wear off?
    edited June 2018
    It was about 4 hours until it dulled enough for me to sleep, then when I woke about ~10 hours later I could still feel a bit of the venom.

Before an earthly flight

• I alerted my apartment complex that my ac was broken so they come out in a window unit in the mean time. Cool.... that was over a month ago. My bedroom is on the third floor of the townhouse so the cool air doesn’t reach me.... over a month!
  • They gave you *one* window unit for a three floor townhouse? I'd 100% make a massive stink until they heavily discounted my rent. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Had a lot happening in my real life lately, but the icing on the cake really hit me this week when I learned something about 2 1/2 years after the fact for the first time, and it gut punched me as raw as it would have knowing the day it occurred.

Sometimes I hate feelings and how shitty they make you.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Dear public transport, I do respect your right to go on strike to fight for better wages and better working conditions and anything.
    I just wished that wouldn't mean I have to get up at least 45 mins ealier then normal because every person between here, work and range of the entire public transport nework will decide to use a car instead :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Dear public transport, I do respect your right to go on strike to fight for better wages and better working conditions and anything.
    I just wished that wouldn't mean I have to get up at least 45 mins ealier then normal because every person between here, work and range of the entire public transport nework will decide to use a car instead :(
    oh jeez, I feel for you. Hopefully it gets resolved soon, we had a strike here awhile back that went on for a few months and eventually I just quit giving a crap and rode the scab busses because it's too damn hot here to walk everywhere
  • Stress-induced insomnia+wily af mosquito+1 day till exam=Not. Fun
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I've been having a rough time with Lusternia for a while. I hadn't caught me the same way it used to, and after making some questionable RP choices, I decided to scutter things for a while and take a long break, barring some daily checkin things and some few and far between RP moments. But finally, I was feeling a bit hopeful about returning, and wanted to give it a good shot at getting back in.

As part of this, I decided to upgrade mudlet from 2.something to the newest, shiniest 3.10 version. I guess I didn't read the documentation well enough, because I thought it was going to be a different program entirely, but instead it overwrote the old mudlet, leaving me with only the one option. Fine, I should have guessed.

What I also should have guessed at but didn't was that it overwrote the Mudlet folder in its entirety. The entire old mudlet folder and everything in it, gone in an instant and replaced with just the needed effects for 3.10. Why is this a big deal? Because, for what can only be described as 'bad judgement' at this point, I kept all of my character's auxillary information in folders within the Mudlet folder. It made sense at the time. But now it's all gone.

Once again, I have lost pretty much everything important to my characters. My comprehensive catalog of every design I've ever done, including cartel and design numbers, gone. All of the books and plays and poems I've written, gone. Some of that's recoverable. I can trawl through design catalogs IC, I can raid the libraries. But I can't recover the unpublished things. My long standing WIP Viravain/Lyreth play is gone, and that one hurts even if I was never going to finish it. All of my notes on the Black Rabbit of Glomdoring, with future story ideas, character ideas, the eventual metaplot that would be told, the cute story names I never wanted to forget so I wrote them down, gone. Maybe I can in time reproduce those (After all, I lost all the BRG stuff once before). But there's stuff that's irreplaceable. Logs of events and character RP interactions, things that wouldn't make it onto the forums but meant something to me, or were part of my character's history. Stratas and Salome's ritual to create the Voice of Darkness, for instance. The Vengeance game in Glomdoring where Stratas RP'd as a crotchety old woman who knit death shawls and criticized everyone and still managed to win. Numerous interactions with Eliron. Poems and songs and illusion shows written on the fly and logged only for my amusement or interest. The bigass quest guide I had a copy of and had slowly cleaned up, reorganized, and added to. Every scrap of everything I had managed to save, had thought to save.

I don't... I don't even know what to do about this. I've tried checking the recycle bin, none of this is in there. I've tried seeing if there's a backup or a history point to revert to, but I'm not good at that sort of thing and apparently never learn my lesson. Nothing even made it onto some sort of cloud somewhere. I might have a dusty old flash drive from circa 2012 or something with a few antiques on it? I don't know. For now, I've lost everything, again, and that's not what I needed right now.

I was really intending to get back into things, to try again with a fresh perspective and renewed vigor. But this might just be it for me.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    I've been having a rough time with Lusternia for a while. I hadn't caught me the same way it used to, and after making some questionable RP choices, I decided to scutter things for a while and take a long break, barring some daily checkin things and some few and far between RP moments. But finally, I was feeling a bit hopeful about returning, and wanted to give it a good shot at getting back in.

As part of this, I decided to upgrade mudlet from 2.something to the newest, shiniest 3.10 version. I guess I didn't read the documentation well enough, because I thought it was going to be a different program entirely, but instead it overwrote the old mudlet, leaving me with only the one option. Fine, I should have guessed.

What I also should have guessed at but didn't was that it overwrote the Mudlet folder in its entirety. The entire old mudlet folder and everything in it, gone in an instant and replaced with just the needed effects for 3.10. Why is this a big deal? Because, for what can only be described as 'bad judgement' at this point, I kept all of my character's auxillary information in folders within the Mudlet folder. It made sense at the time. But now it's all gone.

Once again, I have lost pretty much everything important to my characters. My comprehensive catalog of every design I've ever done, including cartel and design numbers, gone. All of the books and plays and poems I've written, gone. Some of that's recoverable. I can trawl through design catalogs IC, I can raid the libraries. But I can't recover the unpublished things. My long standing WIP Viravain/Lyreth play is gone, and that one hurts even if I was never going to finish it. All of my notes on the Black Rabbit of Glomdoring, with future story ideas, character ideas, the eventual metaplot that would be told, the cute story names I never wanted to forget so I wrote them down, gone. Maybe I can in time reproduce those (After all, I lost all the BRG stuff once before). But there's stuff that's irreplaceable. Logs of events and character RP interactions, things that wouldn't make it onto the forums but meant something to me, or were part of my character's history. Stratas and Salome's ritual to create the Voice of Darkness, for instance. The Vengeance game in Glomdoring where Stratas RP'd as a crotchety old woman who knit death shawls and criticized everyone and still managed to win. Numerous interactions with Eliron. Poems and songs and illusion shows written on the fly and logged only for my amusement or interest. The bigass quest guide I had a copy of and had slowly cleaned up, reorganized, and added to. Every scrap of everything I had managed to save, had thought to save.

I don't... I don't even know what to do about this. I've tried checking the recycle bin, none of this is in there. I've tried seeing if there's a backup or a history point to revert to, but I'm not good at that sort of thing and apparently never learn my lesson. Nothing even made it onto some sort of cloud somewhere. I might have a dusty old flash drive from circa 2012 or something with a few antiques on it? I don't know. For now, I've lost everything, again, and that's not what I needed right now.

I was really intending to get back into things, to try again with a fresh perspective and renewed vigor. But this might just be it for me.
    Super sorry to hear that.  :'( You mentioned a backup/history restore point for your system and said you're not good at that stuff.

So did you figure out how to check if there is one? Need help?