new guy

so as you can probably guess, im a new guy in town
i'm just trying to workout this game, i've been an Achaea fan for a while now but wanted to try something new, so here i am Lusternia!
i joined celest and the aquamancers.
anyway opinions on celest, the aquamancers or any other guild city thingy haha i want to know EVERYTHING!. :P
just any information you can give me about cities, like what happens there (if they are basically dead or not)
who tends to raid who and whatnot
also any help on classes would be great, thanks

Comments

• Welcome. You'll find that Lusternia is pretty different from Achaea in several places. Instead of Tattoos as you know them (we have tattoos but they're quite different) we have enchantments which you buy on jewelry. We have a liquidrift, meaning you'll only need to have around one vial per curative, less if you artifact them. And we have power, which serves as a natural limiter to stuff you can do. Plenty more but you'll learn it in time.

As for what you actually asked about. Celest is, as far as I see it, doing decently now. They're currently allied with Serenwilde and Hallifax against Magnagora, Glomdoring and Gaudiguch. Meld classes are in rather high demand when fights happen, since a meld provides quite a bit of an advantage for the team with it. However there aren't that many raids. Player fighting generally happens during village revolts, wildnodes and domoths. Events where you can challenge the other cities for some sort of advantage.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • As far as cities being dead, you'll want to stay away from Magnagora.  They're dead as dead can be.  Walking dead, actually.  In fact, I don't think there's a single living person in Magnagora.

(The serious answer to this is that there are no 'dead' cities or communes.  Depending on your timezone, you may find fewer people around.)

Anywho, raids do happen.  Not sure why they suddenly stopped recently, but I'm willing to bet they pick back up soon.

As far as classes go, you'll learn the intricacies soon enough. It's best to learn these things through experience, as any knowledge you can gather in-game instead of in-forum will help you immerse yourself a bit better.

One of the key differences I've found in Lusternia is that it's immensely role-play heavy.  So, go lose yourself while splashing in your puddles and cuddling your kittens.  Hope you enjoy your stay!
  • Don't you say mean things about my Magnagora. :( 
  • Nymerya said:
    Don't you say mean things about my Magnagora. :( 
    You're dead.  That's all I said.

And... it's true.  You are.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One thing you should keep in mind is that Lusternia isn't as clear-cut in good vs evil. It's all shades of grey, what with Celest being racist pious priests with cliques and their noses stuck up in the air. /forumrp
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    What Shaddus said, every org is morally questionable and highly unethical to someone.

So it's not so much right and wrong and more "What does your character believe in and find the org that best suits."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Kio said:
    Nymerya said:
    Don't you say mean things about my Magnagora. :( 
    You're dead.  That's all I said.

And... it's true.  You are.

Not all of us! Some of us haven't accepted the glory of the Taint!

But back on topic: it does really depend on the 'clique' you end up in. Most cities have a different period of activity. Magnagora tends to have a larger number of oceanic players, so we have a second prime time in the evening for Australia. None of them are really dead, even if it seems quiet. Plus, there's almost always someone raiding someone else. You'll never really escape that, but you have the choice of joining in or not. :P