Does your character have any daily rituals?

KioKio
edited June 2013 in Common Grounds
I'm miserably bored. I'd planned on spending all day hunting, attending and in-game wedding, and submitting a few designs. Unfortunately, the Internet is still out. So, tell me if your character has any daily rituals!

Whenever Kio enters his manse, he sheathes his weapons, removes all his armour, his clothing, and his shoes, dismounts his spider and either leaves her at the door or dismisses her (depending on how long he'll be), and puts on only a pair of very comfortable silk pants. Once he and Thul are properly wed, he most likely won't wear those, either, as he values the form he's inherited by Tae, though has some strange issue with being naked around others.

He's also developed a slight complex since forgoing his Wyrdenwood form. The thoughts and emotions from being so linked to the Wyrd frighten him. This fear is only compounded by his inability to remember most of what happened while he was a Wyrdenwood and the many memories he had lost on becoming one. Because of this, he's taken to documenting many of the experiences he's had that have been most important to him by imbuing them onto scrolls within his library.

Eventually, both of these things will become cornerstones of who he his as a character, especially the latter.

So, Lusternians! Do your characters have any daily rituals that they perform regardless of the presence of others? And, if they don't, do they have any they perform only in the presence of others?

Comments

• PLAY ROULADE; PROBE LYRE. I'm sure every bard does the same thing.
  • -.-

That's not something your character does. That's something you do.

*peer*
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    rmu, rn, ctells, gtells, ototells, etc etc.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Morkarion tends to take his helm off whenever he sits on his throne for afk periods, same for if he's meditating in Shikari's Temple.

Yet his Katana remains unsheathed, just placed within immediate use reach.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Speaking of, I have things to talk to you about ingame the second I get Internet back.

Okay. Maybe not because beer. But soon!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Not really a daily ritual, but.... totemcarving. Nowadays it's gotten to the point where I start gagging at the thought, but... you gotta do what you gotta do.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine preens his wings just about every month. Really, as often as possible.

If he's going out hunting or near a combat area, he puts on all his armour, draws his weapons, lights his pipes, and hides his companion. When he returns, he at least sheathes his weapons and removes his helm, hanging it from his belt. Most of the time, he'll remove his armour and go about in his normal clothing like a good barbarian, just boots and a loincloth.

He'll check the Magnolia Lock as well, since that should be checked every day. And recently, every month he's done some more studying in the old news archives, fascinated by what he finds.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • When Knorrith was a young Paladin Squire, (before he lost his youthful zeal after seeing the dark side of politics) he would go into the Chapel of Loving Radiance, set his helmet on the ground, kneel down and pray for guidance from the Supernals. A Paladin is Reverent, after all. He also makes frequent trips to Mt. Seirode to watch the sunrise and sunset.
  • I don't really want to start a new thread, so I'm going to resurrect this one to share the random rambly pseudo ritual prayer I ended up doing today. I've been trying to write something formal, but kept running into blocks, and so when I realised it was the New Moon I decided to just write something on the spot and see how I felt about it. There wasn't anyone else around in the guild really, so I just did it by myself in the Moondance tower. I thought the timing was kind of fun. Opinions/advice/whatever's welcome.

Today is the 3rd of Kiani, 361 years after the Coming of Estarra. The phase of the moon is the New Moon.

A circular pool in the night garden.
    There is a light drizzle of rain. Each of the winding paths through the night garden eventually ends here, at a deep, circular pool swimming with a few slender, silver-backed koi. The pool is perfectly circular and perhaps a dozen paces across, its edges lined with ink-black obsidian. A small bench cut from the same stone is at the north end of the pool, its ends carved masterfully with decorative
    vines and flowers. August lilies line the pool, scenting the evening air with their fragrance of pure wild honey. The depth of the pool is unfathomable; a pebble dropped into the pool sinks with barely a sound. The koi never seem to break the surface of the water, thus the surface remains as smooth as glass.  At night, the reflection of the stars in the darkness of the pool is so uncanny as
    to seem as if a piece of the night sky has fallen to the earth.

You say, "In darkness, we stand."

You say, "Blind, weary, lost."

Nimhuire kneels beside the pool, making a sweeping gesture with her arm.

You say, "We fear the darkness, Mother. We fear your loss."

Nimhuire bows her head, staring into the depths of the pool.

You say, "But the New Moon is yours as well. This darkness is yours. You could pierce it, if you wished."

You say, "Help us to trust."

You say, "Trust to the canticle. Trust to change. Trust that what was, will be."

You say, "And that when all we see is the darkness, when all we know is confusion, yet there is light. You are not gone. You merely bear the face of the new. Of silence, secrets, and darkness."

You say, "Of children weaned, of paths walked by feel rather than sight."

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 4th of Kiani, 361 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Darkness rules the land. It is deepest midnight.
    The phase of the moon is the Waxing Crescent.

Nimhuire reaches out towards the sliver of moon appearing in the pool.

Tilting her face up in wonder to the heavens, you say, "And always, trust is rewarded. Your silver face grows with every night as you, as we, are born anew."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I generally celebrate the new ingame year with a new character.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Back when we still had Elostian, Saaga used to dust the Order library and ring the Great Tom in Elo's temple monthly.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited August 2013
    Almost every time before logging out, Tarkenton hunts down a desk, sits down, and writes about his waking time's events Doogie Houser style.  I'll admit, there are days where I cheat and don't do this because all I did was log in for half an hour to go kill stuff in the swamps or something, but it's actually been a decent bit of fun to catalog what's happened to him while awake. 
  • Tarkenton said:
    Almost every time before logging out, Tarkenton hunts down a desk, sits down, and writes about his waking time's events Doogie Houser style.  I'll admit, there are days where I cheat and don't do this because all I did was log in for half an hour to go kill stuff in the swamps or something, but it's actually been a decent bit of fun to catalog what's happened to him while awake. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tarkenton said:

I always wished I did something this. I log pretty much every important conversation (this is often what's happening when you see Daraius whip out his crystal scroll), but it would have been nice to have even the minor plot points jotted down IC.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I visit the ovens.

Does this count?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Haven't been on as much this week as I would normally, my sister is in town visiting so me and the wife have been out having fun with her.  Viva Vegas :D