Real World Raves

PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris.Circumstances
edited October 2012 in The Real World
Now there's a place to post about stuff outside of Lusternia that made you happy again. Yay! 

Comments

• So I guess I'm employed now or something? So... yay eventual paycheck.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I am satisfied that I can say I have read through all the forum content that exists on this site and have distributed "likes" accordingly.

• I express my satisfaction in Total War: Shogun 2 and its expansions. It's just a really fun game.
  • As blasphemous as it sounds, yay for SWMud. While I wait for Polaris' eventual coming back, of course. Unless all this time travelling stuff in Lusternia throws me into the (aether)space age.
  • edited February 2014

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    IT DIDN'T NOTIFY ME! YAY! I guess unchecking the notifications actually took effect now? It only took...a few hours after I did it, for some reason. But ok weird delays aside I'm not getting notifications for people posting in this thread/general dissatisfaction anymore. Success!
  • Some jerk had left the spring mix greens open and they went rusty. I thought I was going to have to go salad-less. But then, horay! I found a heart of romaine hiding in the back of the fridge and successfully combined it with an onion and some carrots for an impromptu late-night munch.
  • Salad?  You mean that thing that my food eats?

I'm finally caught up on my homework for tonight after many hours of anguish.
    Stangmar - Retired

• My red skinny jeans have finally arrived! Rejoice!
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • edited October 2012
    I released my first mod for Shogun 2 today. It's an Ashigaru rework that's designed to make them a more effective alternative to Samurai in late-game armies when properly teched. :)
  • I think I found my next phone:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb&feature=device-featured#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIwMiwibnVsbC13ZWJfaG9tZV81MDAwMDA1X25leHVzVVNfZGV2aWNlc19VU19fNTAwMDAwNV9uZXh1c1VTXzFfcHJvbW9fMTM1MTUyODMyNzI1OCJd

With the exception of storage and the lack of LTE, this phone is looking to be MUCH better than the iPhone 5, and retails for $349 with NO CONTRACT.  Your move, Tim Cook.

Stangmar - Retired

• edited February 2014

• Iasmos said:

I love my iPhone 5 specifically because of the 64GB storage and the LTE, among other nice features. Android has given me and others I know many troubles.

What sort of trouble? I've been considering swapping, but most of my friends use iPhones (we're trendy like that).
  • edited February 2014

• I've loved my android, but it is 2 years outdated.  The only problems I've run into is the occasional crashing because I try to do things with it that were meant for much newer and higher spec'd phones.

My captivate has never had an issue with touchscreen accuracy, and my battery will generally always make it until bedtime(unless I'm constantly surfing on 3G).  Updates are not an issue, although an update hasn't been released for my phone in over a year.

For those who don't have to have the Apple name for everybody else to see, and who doesn't need 64 GB and LTE, you can't argue that the $349 Nexus is a great value compared to the cost of an iPhone. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm quite happy with my Droid thus far.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Personally I'm not picky and just like having a phone that does what I want it to do, lets me get on the internet, and oh my gosh all these app things are so fancy. I'm not a huge fan of Apple by any stretch of the imagination, but I have an iPhone because that's what was available to me and I'm totally happy with it.
  • I have a £5 phone. Because I have a computer for apps, all I want my phone to do is ring and send texts. So cheap phones ftw!
  • edited February 2014

• I never really saw myself upgrading to a smart phone, but when it came time to leave my parents' family plan in July, I realized I could get a smart phone and pay less monthly than many people pay for their basic phones.

$45/month and no contract with Straight Talk.   That's Unlimited Talk and Text, with roughly 2 GB of data.  Downside is no LTE.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Community returns, finally! Thursday, February 7th, 8:00. I'll be counting the days. =D>
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Due to actually having a [albeit meager] income I'll have money for my con in November!

The equivalent dissatisfaction [that I have no desire to post separately in the hopes I can trick myself into seeing it as a good thing] is the week -after- said con I'll be working Black Friday!
    In Retail!
    On the Floor!
    In Home and Kids!
    What I don't even!

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Oh dear god, Maellio. Not good!

Raves for getting a second interview! Rant for interviews in general! Must remember to breathe and think. I stress out so much about ... everything. :(
  • I had an interesting work interview yesterday. And by interesting, I mean awesome. It was a little information, a lot of praise, a quick briefer on how to give a proper handshake and a notification that I'll be getting my first learning shift this weekend.

Also, they may want me to make an advertisement for them. Freelance media work is going to look so good on my CV.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • New Star Wars movies to look forward to and speculate about.  I miss the days of speculating what would happen in Episodes 1,2, and 3.......

Hopefully Lucas will not be allowed to write dialogue.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• At first I was worried about Disney acquiring Lucasfilms. Then I read Greg Dean's comic of the day and remembered the last time Disney bought out a production company they made The Avengers.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I see you too follow Ryan North

Relatedly, hurrah for Netflix having the second musical by the people who did Repo! The Genetic Opera on instant queue.

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• After a long and frustrating night preceding an early work morning, I'd like to rave for the Institute, which gifted me with an hour of extra sleep this morning. Hail Science.
  • I expect to see a rant against them in half a year! :D