Coloured text on letters?

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
edited June 2013 in Q&A
How how hoooowww do people put coloured text on letters? I've received a few letters that had some coloured text and I have no clue how to do it!

Best Answer

Answers

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well I have recent letters from Svorai that still have some coloured text. Is this not supposed to be a thing, then?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I imagine that they only fixed it for news posts and never did for letters.

Alas, this thread may fix that oversight. :(
    Doh, I just wanted to be able to do it too :(

I issued myself for clarification, the official word -

Sent By: Oneiroi on 06/15/4:38
    Greetings. In answer to Issue 1412, it is never permissable to use things such as HTML to change the colours of letters or other in-game text as we consider that extremely OOC. The only colourisation in letters should be from bookbinding stamps and no other source. Thank you.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This is why we can't have nice things :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There's a perfectly reasonable reason why HTML-code is banned: Not all clients parse it. So for those not using those clients, well... it'd just look darn ugly.