Since it was requested on the list, well, here's a topic on banks! Right now they're not used much (or at all, really) because of two reasons: One, gold is completely safe even if you have it on you, and two, there's a withdrawal fee. Thus, there's really no point in keeping gold in the bank, since you'd have to withdraw it (and lose a bit of the gold) in order to use it. With that in mind, here are some solutions I've thought of, but feel free to add your own as well!
- More automation.
- Link a beast in the stable to the bank, and it'll be paid for until you go inactive (which I think happens at 30 RL days).
- Link an ad, and it'll be upkept with a fee every RL day of, say, 20 gold. Or a little more, it's not as if ads even cost any real gold anyway. Again, goes away on inactivity.
- Link a stockroom, and taxes will be paid, first from the gold on the floor and then from the gold in the bankaccount. If any gold remains on the floor, it'd be deposited automatically.
- Add a tailoring/enchantment combo to let you take gold out of the bank through a pouch. A tailor would first have to make the pouch, and an enchanter (or tinker) would then have to enchant it to magify it. Then you'd have to stand at the bank in question and create the link between the pouch and the bank.
- Remove the withdrawal fee. I doubt it'll affect anything negatively, since banks are virtually unused today anyway.
I'm sure someone will suggest an interest on the gold in the bank, and to that I'll just say: No thank you. We really don't need another gold influx into the game, it's bad enough as it is.
Anything else that can be done with banks? Suggestions and comments, please!