Why are my HTML logs getting cut short in Mudlet?

KioKio
edited June 2013 in Mechanic's Corner
So, I recently learned how to use the logging feature of Mudlet.  I'm logging in HTML to preserve my colours and echos, but for some reason, all my logs are cut very short.

Here's an example.  I didn't stop logging until after the fight.  Unfortunately, the log cuts off before the fight even starts :(

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Maybe because it's too long? I vaguely remember having a similar problem with logging back when I was a newbie to the scene and using Mushclient in another game. I can't remember exactly what caused it, my buffer length, my clipboard limit or whether notepad has a limit etc. Either way, try shortening it by logging into multiple files.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Well, Notepad itself does not have a hard-coded limit, but resource-wise it can get pretty cranky with long files.
  • How do you just stop and start logging in the middle of a fight?
  • If you learn some basic HTML, you can do it manually. Especially with mud html logs, the lines are usually all different colours, so you'll often see a new <font colour etc etc... at the start of a new line in html. Just decide where you want to cut it off and paste the next part into a different notepad.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What happens if you paste into a differerent program (notepad++, PSPad, etc. etc.)?  Can you paste it in chunks (just copy / paste a first segment, then a second)?
  • I'm not pasting it into anything.  I just open it with my browser :(
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    This should(don't quote me on it though) be fixed in the next release, but for now, what you can do is after the fight, go back and highlight it, right-click and copy html, paste it into notepad and save the file as filename.html
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It's already been fixed, aye. If you can compile, go grab the git source.

In the interim, you can try this script.

Clicky