Changes to deeds?

Before the issue was that deeds were too easy to undeed, not even leaving a log trail if memory serves. I was just told that now, deeds are a completely irrevocable one-off thing. Is that true? If so, why? Shouldn't there be some middle ground? It needed to be more difficult, not impossible, too undeed.
#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

Best Answer

Answers

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    From the way the announce was phrased, it does seem irrevocable. It should be covered by the changelogs, if you want to look for it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    No, undeeding is now impossible.

It was determined to be the "best" solution in regards to effect and resources required to implement; we had wanted some way to allow some kind of a vote at least (or a specific individual with power over the org in question), but such was not included.
  • A vote does sound a bit OTT to me as well. I thought the change might be something along the lines of minister confirmation, where you require a council-member to approve the action, along with a "paper trail" in the logs, so everyone could see that it was done. This problem may have been over-solved... what if orgs want to rearrange, sell, or repurpose their assets?

How does this work on clan or family levels? Is the power to change ownership, etc. limited to the single leaders, or can it be invested as a power?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Families cannot change ownership of deeded manses or things. All deeding does is do that 'biggest manse' calculation for honor, there isn't any other point.