Rituals of the Seasons: Spring, the Ritual of the Warrior Spirits

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Extending his arms in welcome, you say, "Welcome, brothers and sisters of the Seren. You honour myself, my tribe, and the Great Spirits with your presence."

Holding his hands out towards the circles of stone, you say, "Long ago, the ancestor spirits spoke through many and various ways in this place. Our ancestors built these circles so that my tribe could commune with the Three Warriors, Great Spirits who guide and teach us in the ways of the true warrior."

You say, "Today, we gather to honour Their commitment and Their teachings."

Everiine rummages through a satchel adorned with twining ivy and pulls out an old, tanned jaguar skin. Laying it in front of the fire, he places his hands over it and speaks an incantation to it.

You say, "To Brother Jaguar, the Hunter; to You we give honour for Your perseverance. Through You, we learn that the true warrior is always on the hunt, always seeking to be better, to improve, and to survive."

Everiine reaches behind him and yanks a broad, blue-tipped silver feather from his own wing and lays it on top of the jaguar skin.

You say, "To Brother Eagle, the Seer; to You we give honour for your wisdom. Through You, we learn that the true warrior is always seeking understanding, always learning, and always using wisdom and discernment to better oneself."

Everiine again reaches into a satchel adorned with twining ivy and pulls out the skull of a wolverine. Laying it next to the feather, he says another incantation.

You say, "And to you, Sister Wolverine, the Predator: to You we give honour for your prowess. Through You, we learn that the true warrior is only true when tested in combat, fighting with ruthless cunning for the sake of the Seren people, exercising the most precise control over our words and actions to deadly effect."

Everiine stands over the sacred items and chants a short spell. The skin, feather, and skull glow faintly, and he sits down next to the drum. Placing it in his lap, he strikes it three times, each one louder than the last.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout begins to stomp his feet in dance.

Everiine starts drumming a simple rhythm at first. As he adds more beats, the rhythm becomes more complex and dancelike.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout flails his arms wildly as he circles the campfire, stomping his feet.

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl begins to dance around the campfire, hopping on each individual leg in turn.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout abruptly stops in his tracks to tilt back his head, baring his teeth, to howl and then continues his strange dance around the campfire.

Drumming, you say, "When we were lost in apathy, the Hunter came. He said, "Follow me, and know freedom. Follow me, and know strength." As he says this, an image of a black cat with orange tribal markings leaps from the fire, disappearing with the smoke. "Follow me!"

And again, you say, "When we were lost in ignorance, the Seer came. He said, "Follw me, and know understanding. Follow me, and know confidence." As he says this, an image of a golden eagle with blue tribal markings leaps from teh fire, disappearing in the smoke. "Follw me!"

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl continues to dance about the flames, stopping momentarily to witness the image of each Warrior Spirit, leaping high on their command before resuming his prior rhythm.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout opens his mouth wide, gaping, staring at the campfire.

And again, you say, "When we were lost in defeat, the Predator came. She said, "Follow me, and know courage. Follow me, and know victory." As he says this, an image of a dark-furred wolverine with red tribal markings leaps from the fire, disappearing in the smoke. "Follow me!"

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the High Wisdom's Apprentice moves her feet a little, watching and listening attentively.

Everiine's drumming becomes more intense, and the three smokey figures circle the rings of stone. They descend to those gathered, circling them and watching them closely. Each time They pass a Serenguard, They pause in acknowledgement, then move on again.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout continues to stomp around the campfire, clouding the atmosphere with dirt.

Everiine smacks the drum with a final SLAP! and the fire dies completely. The three smokey figures linger for a moment longer before They, too, fade away. The skin, feather, and skull continue to glow, and faint voices can be heard coming from them.

Serenguard Farsyk, Jaguar Scout stomps his feet twice to a halt, producing two loud thumps.

Panting, you say, "To the Three Warriors, we give honour. To the Great Spirits, we give praise. To the spirits of our ancestors, we give thanks."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl continues dancing for a short moment before slowly beginning to halt, his gait now the swaying of one who had exerted himself.

Proudly standing at full attention, Farsyk slams a fist against his chest in a fierce tribal salute that reverberates throughout his body.

Standing, you say, "We are Serenguard, and we will never be defeated. In the name of the Three Warriors, and on behalf of our people, we know this to be true!"

You kneel humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, your eyes ablaze with tribal rage as you raise your weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Rivius kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Farsyk kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Everiine waves a tired hand, and the sacred items cease to glow. All returns to quiet stillness, signalling the end of the ritual.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Like. Like. Like like like like.

Do more of theeeeese!!!!!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited July 2013
    Heh, considering that most of them are made up on the spot as I go along, it can be a little hard to do a lot.

EDIT: And oh bother, I just realized I didn't get my emotes-in-says quotation marks properly opened and closed. *sigh* Hopefully you all got my meaning.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Awww man. Wish I'd been there for this :)